+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIO Rejected Inspite of eligibility.. PLEASE HELP

zahra01

May 6, 2010
mahek286 said:
Zahra,

I was just rejected for the same reason. I graduated last October (2009) from a Canadian University with an Honours BA and applied in March. I am now on a post graduate work permit. CIO said they will not process my application as there is no sufficient evidence that I have been studying legally in Canada one year immediately prior to the application. Not sure what to do now.
Hi Mahek,

I know how it feels but don't be discouraged. I wrote to CIO explaining everything but they haven't updated in the system that they've received my letter. However the Canada Post website tracking showed that it was dilivered. I am going to hold this off for a few more months until I can gather documents for CEC. I can now submit under the FSW but I am not sure if i want to do that. I'll post a question on this website to get some advise on what to do.

Do u have any internship experience? did u apply with the intent that they will use that experience for FSW?

Takecare!

caprican

Jul 2, 2010
Hi There,

My case is also similiar to yours. I am an international student and have been here in canada for more than 18months now.
I filled my application under Category 3 in FSW on 26th March 2010 and got a reply on 28th June 2010, mentioning that " there is insufficient evidence on file that I am an International student residing in Canada for 1year"

I have put additional documents now like
1) My college transcipts
2) My diploma certificate
3) My admission offer letter
4) Reference letters from professors stating that I was enrolled in the 1yr program

I framed a letter and had send them with these additional docs?
Lets see what happens...I am very worried.

Please can anyone guide?

Thanks
Caprican

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
It looks like they are sending this letter to the majority of FSW3 applicants. I am not sure if this was a strategy on their part because they know the international student category was going to be eliminated and would therefore help alleviate the backlog since FSW3 applicants would have to apply only under CEC.