+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In which stage of application is this checked??

deep9

Apr 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question about work experience requirement.As states by CIC:

Minimum work experience requirements

You must meet the following minimum work experience requirements to be eligible to apply as a skilled worker:

•You must have at least one continuous year of full-time, paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment.
•Your work experience must be in an occupation of Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC). See below for instructions on determining the NOC category for your work experience.
•You must have had this experience within the last 10 years.

Does CIO(nova scotia) check for this when approving initial application or is this checked during the 2nd stage??

TbilisiAnkara

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is probably checked later, but remember that you have to prove that your initial information was correct. So it's not that you write to Nova Scotia whatever comes to your mind and later give a different information with different dates to your local visa office. You definitely will be refused if you do that!
DO NOT LIE!

deep9 said:

You must meet the following minimum work experience requirements to be eligible to apply as a skilled worker:

•You must have at least one continuous year of full-time, paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment.
•Your work experience must be in an occupation of Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC). See below for instructions on determining the NOC category for your work experience.

Does CIO(nova scotia) check for this when approving initial application or is this checked during the 2nd stage??

manzoorhussain

Mar 7, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
HI
deep9 said:

Your desired span/period of "work experience" seems little less at the time of sending initial application to CIO, NS; and, I guess you want to adjust that period early?. (If i am not mistaken)

Well, keep in mind that "dates" are locked at the time of initial application to CIO. So, please don't save little time in such way c/s this will come under misrepresentation of facts and cause you " an oppertunity lost".

However, it is checked during the 2nd phase of your appl.

MH

deep9

Apr 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually that is not the case . I have a total of 18 months experience. Nothing is being 'adjusted', its just out of curiousity I asked this.

manzoorhussain said:
HI
Your desired span/period of "work experience" seems little less at the time of sending initial application to CIO, NS; and, I guess you want to adjust that period early?. (If i am not mistaken)

Well, keep in mind that "dates" are locked at the time of initial application to CIO. So, please don't save little time in such way c/s this will come under misrepresentation of facts and cause you " an oppertunity lost".

However, it is checked during the 2nd phase of your appl.

MH

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
deep9 said:

First checked whether the indicated NOC is in the approved NOC 30 list and then checked at NS CIO if the job description matches with the NOC as you indicated in the application.

hth