+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC - Unable to check status

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
I always check my CIC ecas status. I checked yesterday and it showed "In Process". When I checked my ecas status today, it shows:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).

Anyone else facing this issue? Any idea why this is happening? Please note that I didn't accidentally or unintentionally remove my right to access ecas. Any help would be really appreciated!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It's fine, don't worry. ECAS does that sometimes. Try again in a day or 2 and you should be able to access it.

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
It's fine, don't worry. ECAS does that sometimes. Try again in a day or 2 and you should be able to access it.
Today is day 2 and I still have the same issue. Should I call CIC in Canada? Can they fix the issue? Does anyone know whom I should be contacting if not CIC?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
msingh2013 said:
Today is day 2 and I still have the same issue. Should I call CIC in Canada? Can they fix the issue? Does anyone know whom I should be contacting if not CIC?
No point in calling CIC, they can't really do anything. My ECAS did that a few times throughout the process, sometimes for several days. Just be patient, it will come back.

chach

Star Member
Jan 10, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2, 2013
AOR Received.
December 21, 2013
File Transfer...
December 27, 2013
Med's Done....
November 4, 2013
Passport Req..
June 10, 2014, IN PROCESS August 13, 2014, DM Sept 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Received Sept 5, 2014
LANDED..........
NA
mine does the same thing. don't worry. try again in a few days.

Millertimez

Jun 12, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Give it few days and it should work. I was getting that same message 3 days ago.

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
Thanks guys! I just checked on day 3 and same thing. So anxious me emailed CIC. That wouldn't cause any issues in the application, right?

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
Hi guys, one week after and I am still not able to check the CIC status under my spouse's client ID but I am able to check the status under mine. The status shows "In Process" since December 2013. We emailed the High Commission of Canada in India a week ago and they didn't respond back to our inquiry. I'm just worried about it and I am a little concerned. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
msingh2013 said:
Hi guys, one week after and I am still not able to check the CIC status under my spouse's client ID but I am able to check the status under mine. The status shows "In Process" since December 2013. We emailed the High Commission of Canada in India a week ago and they didn't respond back to our inquiry. I'm just worried about it and I am a little concerned. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Have you tried using your spouse's details and the file number?

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
Have you tried using your spouse's details and the file number?
Yes, I did and I get the following message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
msingh2013 said:
Yes, I did and I get the following message:
So you've tried your spouse's details with her UCI (8 digit number) and her details with the file number (starts with F, followed by 9 numbers)? And neither of them work?

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
So you've tried your spouse's details with her UCI (8 digit number) and her details with the file number (starts with F, followed by 9 numbers)? And neither of them work?
That's correct. But when I try checking the status with my UCI number, it works fine.

naveedpcs

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad ( my file did not move to uk)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 june 2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
1st week of july 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
13 Nov,2013 , in process from : feb 5, 2015
Med's Request
18 Nov. 2015
Med's Done....
25 Nov. 2015
Interview........
Wived. Thank God
Passport Req..
18 Nov. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec.16,2015 thank God
LANDED..........
15 jan. 2016 insha Allah
Dear Guys.
hi.
All those person who did not saw now a days your e-case on line, it is a good sign because your file is opened now a days and few days later you will hear good news may be next step of your case. it is confirm news. All the best.

naveedpcs.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
msingh2013 said:
That's correct. But when I try checking the status with my UCI number, it works fine.
If yours still shows the app, I wouldn't worry. I know it's hard but just give it more time

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
naveedpcs said:
Dear Guys.
hi.
All those person who did not saw now a days your e-case on line, it is a good sign because your file is opened now a days and few days later you will hear good news may be next step of your case. it is confirm news. All the best.

naveedpcs.
Hi Navdeep,
Thanks but how do you know this?