Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inspired by
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/petition-call-to-ministry-of-immigration-for-cics-poor-practice-t100257.75.html

I had a dream of a different CIC system were everything was ideal and perfect. What is your dream? How can we realize the dream? What are your suggestions? If you were the minister...

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
If I were the Minister I would increase the financial responsibility of the sponsor. The long wait times are to try to prevent future costs to Canada if a case of fraudulent marriage. Supposedly anyway. Canada shouldnt be responsible, the sponsor should and for more than 3 years.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
If I were the Minister, I'd jump from the nearest 2 story building.

This post should only be filled by an immigrant or naturalized citizen...in that way, you know things would get done...

FS

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe people should be all treated with respect ... we should assume all applicants are innocent not the other way around ...accuse them of wrong doing by punishing them with lengthy process and a long list of proofs of a genuine relation...then leave it to some officers to decide the life and future of families!!!

I believe if these lengthy processing times, complexity ... is serving all its intentions then by all means we accept it. However it is not serving. To the contrary only innocent people are hurt. I believe things should be simple, objective and direct.

CIC should ONLY punish frauds and this punishment should be after their wrong doing or in other words. I would not punish people who did not commit the crime yet. Now we are all being punished by lengthy coomplex process because of some abused the system before....why can not we find ways to punish only those frauds...Instead of wasting time, money and effort in pursing all applicants case by case. We should make it simple and easy. Increase the punishment of these frauds, and increase ways of discovering it after it happens NOT looking at each applicant case and trying to accuse them. It is like asking applicants to prove they do not intend to commit a crime. These questionaires are nothing but prove to us (CIC) that you are real and you won't commit the crime...
just crazy thoughts

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
My perfect version of CIC?

More offices for one. Not just sending to CIC-M or Vergeville(I probably spelled that wrong..) .... For goodness sakes if you're gonna be backlogged then hire more people, get more offices made and be able to get through all these cases faster! Same goes for VO's. I realize some are faster but for the ones that are OBVIOUSLY backlogged, you'd think a light would go off and DING, oh yeah hiring more people and opening more offices would be efficient and good for the economy.. DUH!

Sigh.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I think the system should be digital. Everything submitted online. I also think they should communicate more. The processing times for step 2 are very inaccurate for the majority of cases. I think once we are approved as sponsors, spouses should get temporary visitors visas.

cndcit

Sep 16, 2010
Hello121 said:
If I were the Minister I would increase the financial responsibility of the sponsor. The long wait times are to try to prevent future costs to Canada if a case of fraudulent marriage. Supposedly anyway. Canada shouldnt be responsible, the sponsor should and for more than 3 years.
If sponsors read and take the signing of the undertaking seriously in the first place,they would see that they are indeed responsible for the person being sponsored! That is why the Canadian Government makes you sign that so they are not held responsible. It is the sponsor responsibility plain and simple!!! I am very interested in hearing how you would increase the sponsors financial responsibilities......Higher taxes maybe? How about paying the VO's salary for the processing time? How about paying fees for the background checks?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The solution is way simple than hiring more and more this if we don't just prejudge people. Just have a punishment for frauds and after they commit the faud! Do not ask people to prove their innocence!

Simple solutions are always the best and are the cheapest. For example the condition of 5years (recently applied) to spouses is one good way to deter frauds. The idea of asking a person to prove their innocence seems very strange to me.

The contract agreement is another good example of taking responsibilities ... there are a lot of ways to catch, accuse and excute guilties but do NOT ask a person to prove his innocence!!!
Make the process simple and easy for all parties.
Why simple solutions are cheap because they reduce the work and all applications will be governed by the same exact rules