Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
TORONTO134 said:
how can i remarry? i m considered married legally and religiously in pakistan n UAE. by law i can't remarry my spouse . thy willl nt issue another marriage certificate :mad:
At this point, I think you've got a couple choices.

1) Common-law. If you submit the common-law paperwork ASAP you should be ok. Although someone else mentioned that you'd be facing the interview queue, I think if you carefully explain the details of why you're going that route, you should be ok. Also, what would be better: a possible interview, or having to re-do the whole application?

2) You could come to Canada, and get married again here. Small civil ceremony. Since Canada doesn't recognize proxy marriage, there shouldn't be any issues with this. Then submit the marriage certificate from the province you get married in.

These are the first ideas off the top of my head. Hope you can resolve everything!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
TORONTO134 said:
how can i remarry? i m considered married legally and religiously in pakistan n UAE. by law i can't remarry my spouse . thy willl nt issue another marriage certificate :mad:
You would need to marry in another country.

As said above, common-law could be an option, if you have lived together continuously for at least a year. If that is the case, gather your common-law proofs now. If your current app is transferred to the VO, you can send a CSE and ask that the app be switched to common-law. If the app is simply returned, you can submit a new one under Common-Law.

RSTU11

Feb 14, 2017
hello everyone,

we need help!! CPC Ottawa requested me and my wife additional documents last March 9, 2017. and last April 12, 2017 they sent us an email and said that they did not receive it and now giving us final reminder until May 12, 2017 and that the application might be refuse. . i resend everything to them and i did the case specific inquiry attaching all the necessary documents and yet no response from them.. please help us.. thanks you

Aris

maria a

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
RSTU11 said:
hello everyone,

we need help!! CPC Ottawa requested me and my wife additional documents last March 9, 2017. and last April 12, 2017 they sent us an email and said that they did not receive it and now giving us final reminder until May 12, 2017 and that the application might be refuse. . i resend everything to them and i did the case specific inquiry attaching all the necessary documents and yet no response from them.. please help us.. thanks you

Aris
Which email add did you send it to ?

RSTU11

Feb 14, 2017
its from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.. we have complied to all the necessary documents and still no reply from them..

Jason12345

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
You should link your Application to a MyCIC account. At that point ECAS becomes obsolete.

Once linked your MYCIC should show all letters that they have sent to you.

Reactions: Meeyah

rabiasidd

May 16, 2017
Yes, your app will be refused. Proxy marriage is not recognized by IRCC.

It is possible that you may be able to save the app by having a marriage done that is legally recognized by IRCC and sending in the marriage certificate.

You can ask your MP to inquire with IRCC about re-opening the app if you never received the correspondence. I suggest you order GCMS notes to find out what was sent and when.
Its the same case going on with me. On 11 May 2017 they said we sent u the corrospondance on sponsership decision made. But I haven't recieved it yet

Jeezy

Sep 12, 2014
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to ask an urgent question... This is what my online services says about my application for PR atm
Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on June 4, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on August 10, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I have still not received the correspondence from CIC... Does it usually take this long? I live in Canada B.C. Vancouver. I called CIC on monday and they told me it can take up to 4 weeks... And it has been 4 weeks what should I do at this point? I asked the gentleman on the phone if they could just let me know what the letter is and they told me they could not. I also checked all my emails frequently and still no luck... I'm going crazy!! Where is my letter :( if someone could let me know what to do at this point I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Pls can you confirm how this was resolved? I have the same problem.

AzamanRums

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to ask an urgent question... This is what my online services says about my application for PR atm
Permanent Residence
We sent you correspondence on August 10, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I have still not received the correspondence from CIC... Does it usually take this long? I live in Canada B.C. Vancouver. I called CIC on monday and they told me it can take up to 4 weeks... And it has been 4 weeks what should I do at this point? I asked the gentleman on the phone if they could just let me know what the letter is and they told me they could not. I also checked all my emails frequently and still no luck... I'm going crazy!! Where is my letter :( if someone could let me know what to do at this point I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

hi, Critical situation here. our all correspondence through email. my online status showing-
''' We sent you correspondence on December 5, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. '''

But we didn't get any email from cic Singapore office. We r so frustrated, cos they may refuse again if we fail to send them required documents whiten 30 days. Give mail to cic to resend the mail, no idea they fix it or not. we ask GCMS note but that will take 30 days!!
5th December we mail cic about change our representative and my wife will be our representative now, cic reply mail on 5th December asking us a signed imm 5476 Representative form and we sent that. So we r confused weather the change of status is about the representative forms? Or we miss the mail about our Medical, updated forms and pcc request which we r expecting for last 2 months after wining our adr !!

please advice if someone face same situation and overcome it. :( :(

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
hi, Critical situation here. our all correspondence through email. my online status showing-
''' We sent you correspondence on December 5, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. '''

But we didn't get any email from cic Singapore office. We r so frustrated, cos they may refuse again if we fail to send them required documents whiten 30 days. Give mail to cic to resend the mail, no idea they fix it or not. we ask GCMS note but that will take 30 days!!
5th December we mail cic about change our representative and my wife will be our representative now, cic reply mail on 5th December asking us a signed imm 5476 Representative form and we sent that. So we r confused weather the change of status is about the representative forms? Or we miss the mail about our Medical, updated forms and pcc request which we r expecting for last 2 months after wining our adr !!

please advice if someone face same situation and overcome it. :( :(
Have you tried calling them? That might clear up your questions.

JoshiS

Sep 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......
09-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
File Transfer...
26-08-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
Hello everyone!

Permanent Residence

JoshiS

Sep 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......
09-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
File Transfer...
26-08-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
HI
The same status shows when I check my ecas.When I contact my representative She says it was the message when CIC office asked for Medical request bcz the date of mine status is Aug 1 , which is previous.. when they asked for med request. They updated the status late bcz I applied for GCMS notes. There was no any correspondece after this date as no any document was requested after Medical.

ReignLacsa

Jan 7, 2018
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
Hello po! I am currently applying for permanent residence under family sponsorship.

Here's my timeline po:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 5, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on July 17, 2017.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 20, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Ang problem po is wala po kaming natanggap na letter pertaining po sa October 20, 2017. Kanina lang din po lumabas yung 4th line. Kanina lang din po nagchange yung Permanent Residence Application Status from "In Process" to "Decision Made".

Ano po kaya ibig sabihin nung Decision Made? Is it better po ba to write an email or call the CIC regarding sa issue ko po sa 4th line?

Thank you so much po!

jonnaparamo

Jan 9, 2018
hi my case was it says that the correspondence was sent to me but still didnt recieved any and it says that my visa is in manila philippines already .. the thing is my correspondence hasnt been recieved... would tgey look for it if ever i am called fir an interviewer from our embassy... and the contact number and tge mailing addres was from my okd address where i was just renting ... is it possible that it got lost ??? thank u