+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC sent correspondence... Please Help!

GentleRain

May 7, 2015
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to ask an urgent question... This is what my online services says about my application for PR atm
Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on June 4, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on August 10, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I have still not received the correspondence from CIC... Does it usually take this long? I live in Canada B.C. Vancouver. I called CIC on monday and they told me it can take up to 4 weeks... And it has been 4 weeks what should I do at this point? I asked the gentleman on the phone if they could just let me know what the letter is and they told me they could not. I also checked all my emails frequently and still no luck... I'm going crazy!! Where is my letter :( if someone could let me know what to do at this point I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
I hope you did not use a lawyer for your application because someone had similar experience before and the lawyer later forwarded the cic email to him, also check your spam folder, l hope you are not the type that empty your spam folder without looking at what is in there. I believe you will surely get it, I wish you good luck.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC usually sends correspondence via email (if you provided an email address).

This could be a time sensitive issue, so you need to send a Case Specific Enquiry telling them that you have not received their correspondence ASAP.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

GentleRain

May 7, 2015
mercyofGod said:
I hope you did not use a lawyer for your application because someone had similar experience before and the lawyer later forwarded the cic email to him, also check your spam folder, l hope you are not the type that empty your spam folder without looking at what is in there. I believe you will surely get it, I wish you good luck.
I didn't use a lawyer and I checked my spam folder :( Still nothing. I don't empty my spam folder but it does do it for me for some reason.. Thank you though I really hope something comes up soon.

GentleRain

May 7, 2015
Ponga said:
CIC usually sends correspondence via email (if you provided an email address).

This could be a time sensitive issue, so you need to send a Case Specific Enquiry telling them that you have not received their correspondence ASAP.
secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thanks for your reply Pongo, I have already sent one of those emails to cic earlier this morning, but it looks like it will take up to 30 days?? Just to get a reply... If this is a time sensitive issue won't it be pointless to send them the email if its going to arrive very late anyway? Or do they reply sooner? I also tried calling them will they tell me what was in the letter if I tell them its been way past due for my correspondence to arrive? I checked and mail from CIC to Vancouver should only take about a week max. Thank you both again for the replies.. I need some good news I'm spiraling into depression.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
One more thing you can try is to contact your MP (better go and see them in person, even without an appointment) and ask them to send an inquire to CIC. When our MP sent one, CIC answered pretty quick.
You can also try and call the call centre, although most of the times it's completely useless.

Annie anne

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Does any one here know what should i do cause I suppose to click on the APPLICANT but I click on the SPONSOR in my SCHEDULE A Background/declaration.. My application is already sent one week ago but I just remember what's gonna be happened if I have that error.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
GentleRain said:
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to ask an urgent question... This is what my online services says about my application for PR atm
Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on June 4, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on August 10, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I have still not received the correspondence from CIC... Does it usually take this long? I live in Canada B.C. Vancouver. I called CIC on monday and they told me it can take up to 4 weeks... And it has been 4 weeks what should I do at this point? I asked the gentleman on the phone if they could just let me know what the letter is and they told me they could not. I also checked all my emails frequently and still no luck... I'm going crazy!! Where is my letter :( if someone could let me know what to do at this point I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
I am in the same situatiuon now, my ECAS shows

We sent you correspondence on May 17, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I haven't received anyting yet?

What did you do?Did you contacted CIC?

May 31, 2016
MONKUCHA said:
I am in the same situatiuon now, my ECAS shows

We sent you correspondence on May 17, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I haven't received anyting yet?

What did you do?Did you contacted CIC?
Hi Monkucha,

I'm in the same status as well, however mine says they sent something on May 5th, 2016, and I haven't received anything yet!
Have you finally got your correspondence?

Regards,
Henrique Sakaue

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
Henrique.Sakaue said:
Hi Monkucha,

I'm in the same status as well, however mine says they sent something on May 5th, 2016, and I haven't received anything yet!
Have you finally got your correspondence?

Regards,
Henrique Sakaue
After 3 call to CIC call center I finally got answer. The note on my ECAS was posted in May 17 but it was about documents requests that I received March 21 and May 4. Stupid , but the agent confirmed that all required documents requested are attached to my application and they don't need anything else.
Call CIC and ask. First time I called I was told that it was a request letter but the lady was lazy enough and did't check the date of the specific request and told that there is to much information on that request and she has no time to read it to me. Second lady told me that there was request sent, didn't check the date as well but sent a request to CIC to resend the email. After few days I hadn't received anything again so I called and finally the lady check everything and confirmed that everything is OK and the info on my ecas was about those old requests.

May 31, 2016
MONKUCHA said:
After 3 call to CIC call center I finally got answer. The note on my ECAS was posted in May 17 but it was about documents requests that I received March 21 and May 4. Stupid , but the agent confirmed that all required documents requested are attached to my application and they don't need anything else.
Call CIC and ask. First time I called I was told that it was a request letter but the lady was lazy enough and did't check the date of the specific request and told that there is to much information on that request and she has no time to read it to me. Second lady told me that there was request sent, didn't check the date as well but sent a request to CIC to resend the email. After few days I hadn't received anything again so I called and finally the lady check everything and confirmed that everything is OK and the info on my ecas was about those old requests.
Thanks! That's very clarifying! But I'll call them to check as well.

Again thank you very much for the quick reply.

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
so does that mean that CIC sends standard emails after AORs that contain info on documents, but if you already sent them you don't have to resend them, i.e. the info on documents does not pertain to you if you submitted everything. Correct?

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
Lady_Ashka said:
so does that mean that CIC sends standard emails after AORs that contain info on documents, but if you already sent them you don't have to resend them, i.e. the info on documents does not pertain to you if you submitted everything. Correct?
Sometimes they need additional documents like in my case, Police Check with fingerprints from Canada (I didn't send with application) or Birth Certificate of my daughter born in Canada) They send email request for those documents they need as well as remainder emails about updating Schedula A, remainder about RPRF ....

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I see - thanks! :)

Jul 11, 2016
Hi everyone!!!

Here's my case:

I received an envelop under my spouse's name ( Singapore Office, my spouse's country is Vietnam) containing all the photos, boarding passes and other miscellaneous items WITHOUT any letter from them inquiring any updates from my spouse ( an update of either: Police Clearance/Schedule 1/Household Registry/IOM physical exam). I did try ECAS and found the same message about the correspondence. My theory is that 30% chance that she would be interviewed and 70% chance that she would be granted PR (since my child has already obtained his citizenship and Canadian passport)...
However, I still went to "Case Specific Enquiry" website to let them know what happened. It's been 7 business days....haven't heard from them yet...crossing my fingers....

What I am trying to point out is that The Singapore Visa Office does some weird procedure sometimes....no consistency at all.