+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC receipt...ugh!

CAdelight

Sep 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I paid a fee for my sons citizenship app. and printed the receipt from the web page and sent it in the mail today. I just checked my mail and there is a completely different receipt in my email oops! :-[ So I figure I'll just send this one separately?? How do I fill this thing out? I'm the payer but the app. is for my son and how would I have a client ID ?

Thanks for any help...

;D

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
I did the exact same thing, send it via fax to the canadian office processing your stuff with a cover letter explaining the situation :) I never got any problems and i didn't realise until almost a week later! Just send any info you can to help them match the reciept to your file once it gets opened.

I can't find you the fax number i used tho, sorry! I believe i found it on the CIC webby under the contact us somewhere =\

EDIT: i also sent one in the mail with the same info too, never hurts to have several copies going to them!

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
CAdelight said:
I paid a fee for my sons citizenship app. and printed the receipt from the web page and sent it in the mail today. I just checked my mail and there is a completely different receipt in my email oops! :-[ So I figure I'll just send this one separately?? How do I fill this thing out? I'm the payer but the app. is for my son and how would I have a client ID ?

Thanks for any help...

;D
I also did the same thing... I emailed Detroit to let them know I had done it and then phoned me back to say it wasnt a problem. You can also fax it to them....

I did the same thing with the PR receipt.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
CAdelight said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one... Thanks
Well when I paid online it gave me something that I printed...and that is what I send with the package... I just thought it was because I had paid online that it didnt have the form number at the top of the page like everything else. Then I had another question for Detroit and they told me I had sent the wrong thing... that is when I realized I had done it for the PR as well.... Fortunately the printed thing from when I paid online had the same receipt number as the official one....

I felt so stupid.

Anyway, I didnt write expedite on the envelope for the Citizenship card and it arrived yesterday - 4 months later... but I did call the beginning of September and asked CIC call center to expedite (after the fact) as the school wanted it for registration.

Raymasood

Aug 2, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have a question

that my family friend is going to pay online my immigration fee from his card...

because i live in Pakistan and my wife she doesn't know how to do that so i asked to his help

but the question is... you guys are talking some thing

if i am not wrong...first he will pay our fee online then he have to wait for the slip they mail you

...i am sorry to take your time but can you tell me how that thing work

that i don't make mistake

L

limanoid

Raymasood said:
i have a question

that my family friend is going to pay online my immigration fee from his card...

because i live in Pakistan and my wife she doesn't know how to do that so i asked to his help

but the question is... you guys are talking some thing

if i am not wrong...first he will pay our fee online then he have to wait for the slip they mail you

...i am sorry to take your time but can you tell me how that thing work

that i don't make mistake
Hi Raymasood,
When you pay online, you must have a valid email address. The receipt you print online will be for the credit card holder -- this is a receipt of payment but it is not the CIC receipt that you must include with your application. Shortly after paying, a receipt will be sent to your email inbox. It's called "CIC Receipt". You print the attachment and fill out the information.

Make sure that your friend puts your correct email address so that you will receive the file. Also, he has to know what office you are applying and what fees must be paid for. It's not simply paying, but there is all this other stuff you must fill in too!

Raymasood

Aug 2, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
first of all ......thank you very much to guide me.... its so helpful for me

my documents are going to Mississauga in Toronto...

i already download the guide about how to pay online but they didn't write.... that thing you told me....

again if there any thing i will ask or if there any thing more please let me know

as i told i am going to send my documents to Mississauga

one again thanks

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
Just to point out, be wary, my emailed CIC reciept didn't actually come through until a week later, and then it went into my junk email so took me a few more days to realise it was there!

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
Dear All,

sorry for the question I have paid my fees and attached the receipt with it which came to my email but forget to put Payers Information Is this will be an issue as the credit was with the same name as of applicant.