+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CiC Misrepresentation issue, please guide members!

belle07

Oct 5, 2017
I am in the same situation. The big difference is: I was granted PR and landed immigrant 2 years ago. I am planning to voluntarily disclose this mistake. Will my PR status be revoked or worst case be deported?

ijawson

Mar 25, 2017
HI,
Please guide me on an issue. I am SINP nominated and applied for PR at CIC. I got my medical passed in January, 2017 and my application is still in lurking mode. I have misunderstood a question 6(D) in Background & Declaration Form which relates to Study, Visit or PR visa refusal from Canada or any other country the world. I did not read the question completely and answered this question by clicking checkbox of "No" while i was refused for Australian PR in 2010. Now, i want to update my visa office about this misunderstanding of question. My background check went in process Seven days ago.

I am in a strange situation, if i hide this refusal thing, visa office may get the information during Background check, and if i disclose this fact, i would fall committing misrepresentation!

Guys, keeping the above facts in mind, what do you suggest, should i update my visa officer about this misunderstanding of question and give my refusal details or i should sit silent!?

If I informed the visa office about my this mistake of question understanding, will this be taken as a misrepresentation by the visa office or not?

waiting for your suggestions keenly,
Please guide!
Thank you!
HI,
Please guide me on an issue. I am SINP nominated and applied for PR at CIC. I got my medical passed in January, 2017 and my application is still in lurking mode. I have misunderstood a question 6(D) in Background & Declaration Form which relates to Study, Visit or PR visa refusal from Canada or any other country the world. I did not read the question completely and answered this question by clicking checkbox of "No" while i was refused for Australian PR in 2010. Now, i want to update my visa office about this misunderstanding of question. My background check went in process Seven days ago.

I am in a strange situation, if i hide this refusal thing, visa office may get the information during Background check, and if i disclose this fact, i would fall committing misrepresentation!

Guys, keeping the above facts in mind, what do you suggest, should i update my visa officer about this misunderstanding of question and give my refusal details or i should sit silent!?

If I informed the visa office about my this mistake of question understanding, will this be taken as a misrepresentation by the visa office or not?

Please guide!
Thank you!

Please have you heard from CIC after you address your misrepresentation issue?

Amrik Bhullar

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
12 May 2017
AOR Received.
25 July 2017
I need suggestion
I applied for PR in May 2017 .i am inland after submitting PR file my wife applied for open work permit as I am on open work permit .
But her application got denied . My question is should I mention this to cic or they already knew it ?

wade_madison

Mar 13, 2018
I am in the same situation. The big difference is: I was granted PR and landed immigrant 2 years ago. I am planning to voluntarily disclose this mistake. Will my PR status be revoked or worst case be deported?
Hi there

I am really curious about your situation, cause I am in the exact same position. I am a landed PR and I have some mistakes in my application forms (which I discovered lately) and could account for misrepresentation.

Should I voluntarily disclose these mistakes to CIC? Could you please tell me about your outcome?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi there

I am really curious about your situation, cause I am in the exact same position. I am a landed PR and I have some mistakes in my application forms (which I discovered lately) and could account for misrepresentation.

Should I voluntarily disclose these mistakes to CIC? Could you please tell me about your outcome?
Depending on what kind of mistakes? How severe is the mistakes? Enough to change the outcome of your PR?

sinchan_123

Apr 10, 2018
Hi there

Hi - Would like to know what did you finally decide .

sinchan_123

Apr 10, 2018
Hi - Did you inform CIC finally ?

Arashm0049

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Iran
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
2131 oid
Doc's Request.
Cv, military exemption card
Nomination.....
11 feb 2019
AOR Received.
06 may 2019
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
14 sep 2019
Med's Done....
20 sep 2019
Interview........
No
HI,

Please guide!
Thank you!
Hi whats your situation now? Could you get your pr or they rejected you for misrepresentation!!