+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CiC Misrepresentation issue, please guide members!

deepsea

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
HI,
Please guide me on an issue. I am SINP nominated and applied for PR at CIC. I got my medical passed in January, 2017 and my application is still in lurking mode. I have misunderstood a question 6(D) in Background & Declaration Form which relates to Study, Visit or PR visa refusal from Canada or any other country the world. I did not read the question completely and answered this question by clicking checkbox of "No" while i was refused for Australian PR in 2010. Now, i want to update my visa office about this misunderstanding of question. My background check went in process Seven days ago.

I am in a strange situation, if i hide this refusal thing, visa office may get the information during Background check, and if i disclose this fact, i would fall committing misrepresentation!

Guys, keeping the above facts in mind, what do you suggest, should i update my visa officer about this misunderstanding of question and give my refusal details or i should sit silent!?

If I informed the visa office about my this mistake of question understanding, will this be taken as a misrepresentation by the visa office or not?

waiting for your suggestions keenly,
Please guide!
Thank you!

Last edited:

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Better to write a letter of explanation and send it through CSE. Otherwise it would be considered as misrepresentation. But hopefully CIC will consider your explanation before raising an issue

deepsea

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Better to write a letter of explanation and send it through CSE. Otherwise it would be considered as misrepresentation. But hopefully CIC will consider your explanation before raising an issue
but the problem is that if i disclosed this thing, CIC will yet considered as misrepresentation!? :(

deepsea

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
But if you don't disclose it, it is still considered misrepresentation. Better tell them first rather than finding it out for themselves.
ok, what should i say in my LOE? Should i say that i misunderstood the question 6(D) and checked the checkbox NO? This is the truth! and should i say as it is!?

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
ok, what should i say in my LOE? Should i say that i misunderstood the question 6(D) and checked the checkbox NO? This is the truth! and should i say as it is!?
Of course you should tell the truth! Why would you even consider lying on your application or the letter of explanation?

Riar1992

Jun 29, 2017
HI,
Please guide me on an issue. I am SINP nominated and applied for PR at CIC. I got my medical passed in January, 2017 and my application is still in lurking mode. I have misunderstood a question 6(D) in Background & Declaration Form which relates to Study, Visit or PR visa refusal from Canada or any other country the world. I did not read the question completely and answered this question by clicking checkbox of "No" while i was refused for Australian PR in 2010. Now, i want to update my visa office about this misunderstanding of question. My background check went in process Seven days ago.

I am in a strange situation, if i hide this refusal thing, visa office may get the information during Background check, and if i disclose this fact, i would fall committing misrepresentation!

Guys, keeping the above facts in mind, what do you suggest, should i update my visa officer about this misunderstanding of question and give my refusal details or i should sit silent!?

If I informed the visa office about my this mistake of question understanding, will this be taken as a misrepresentation by the visa office or not?

waiting for your suggestions keenly,
Please guide!
Thank you!
Im in same problem. So did u send enquiry yet ?

deepsea

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
And also when did u submitted your pr application ?
I sent an enquiry and they said, background check is in process! As Background check will complete and status will change, they shall message in mycic account!

I sent my application to CIO in September, 2016

Frederiquee

Jun 2, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Nomination.....
13-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-07-2017
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
I hope everything will be fine with you! Any update? I would write a LOE truly and sincerely, never sit silence if you realize your problem in advance, that at least show your initiative to be honest, but not hiding till they find out.

Natz_K

Sep 21, 2017
I sent an enquiry and they said, background check is in process! As Background check will complete and status will change, they shall message in mycic account!

I sent my application to CIO in September, 2016
hi there,
I have similar sort of scenario.. Did you hear any thing after you voluntarily told them about your mis rep.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi there,
I have similar sort of scenario.. Did you hear any thing after you voluntarily told them about your mis rep.
FYI - this is a much more minor misrep than yours.

Reactions: Supercanadian