+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC is processing files received on June 19th 2014 ???

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Hi everyone,

I just called the cic call centre, and was told that CIC is now opening packages received on June 19th 2014. (Two different agent confirmed this to me)

If it is true, then why the google.doc indicates that packages received by July 8th is updated on ECAS?

My package is received on June 30th, and there is no ECAS update yet...

Really confusing...

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
Hi everyone,

I just called the cic call centre, and was told that CIC is now opening packages received on June 19th 2014. (Two different agent confirmed this to me)

If it is true, then why the google.doc indicates that packages received by July 8th is updated on ECAS?

My package is received on June 30th, and there is no ECAS update yet...

Really confusing...
They probably quote the minimum date of the batches of applications they are processing.

Can2Am

Aug 31, 2014
I sent on June 2nd and there is no word yet....I think CIC agents have no clue at all.. I spoke with 4 different agents and each one gave a different reply....

Bottom line is we have to wait as long as we know our app was received and signed by CIC staff in Sydney.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Can2Am said:
I sent on June 2nd and there is no word yet....I think CIC agents have no clue at all.. I spoke with 4 different agents and each one gave a different reply....

Bottom line is we have to wait as long as we know our app was received and signed by CIC staff in Sydney.
You are right, my package is delivered by UPS, and at least I know that it is received by cic, but nothing else.

The agent told me that you can wait another month, and if still no news, just re-submit a new application... It is really drives me crazy...

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent the citizenship application which was received on 11-Jun-2014(by ExpressPost). No online update or mail. My friend who sent application after me received a letter around Aug-25.
Call center Agents do not have any information. Called few times and every agent gave different answers. Last one told me that they are processing first week of July but it might take time. I asked if they some time frame when one can escalate if the application has been lost or returned ..They had no answer.

janoo

May 16, 2014
It will take few months to show your status on e-cas just patient and things will be

move smoothly...