+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC is not your recipient - WES

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

I got a mail today from WES saying "CIC has informed WES that they cannot verify your ECA report. This is because you have not added CIC as your recipient on your additional credential.". Did anyone get such mail and will ordering duplicate report with WES resolve this issue.

How did you guys resolve this issue?

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssaraf said:
Same Here .. I just got the email from WES. Why we have to use ICAP ? I am not sure it not mandatory ? This is the email i recieved
Dear Applicant,

CIC has informed WES that they cannot verify your ECA report. This is due to the incorrect application choice as the WES FSWP customized application was not selected.

In order for Citizenship and Immigration Canada to process your immigration application, they will need to verify your ECA report using WES’s online service. To allow CIC access to your ECA report, you will need to order a duplicate report at https://www.wes.org/ca/apply/xcopycic.asp? Please be advised that you are required to upgrade your file to WES ICAP at http://www.wes.org/appstatus/indexca.aspx before you order duplicate report, if you did not have an ICAP service on your original application.

My mail does not talk anything abt ICAP. Not sure what I need to do.

Dear Applicant,

CIC has informed WES that they cannot verify your ECA report. This is because you have not added CIC as your recipient on your additional credential.

In order for Citizenship and Immigration Canada to process your immigration application, they will need to verify your ECA report using WES’s online service. To allow CIC access to your ECA report, you will need to order a duplicate report at https://www.wes.org/ca/apply/xcopycic.asp?

Anyone, with similar experience, please share the resolution

sraj07

May 26, 2015
ok guys ,

I understand what u are talking about .
Look at the WES ECA given to you . Your ECA # must end with IMM (eg : 1234567IMM) .
On the top it has to be written "Educational Credential Assessment for Citizenship and Immigration Canada"

So this is the report they are mentioning in the email . If you guys report is not like the above , then all you need to do is just order a duplicate copy "specific to CIC" ..

I myself went through this situation , but I did before my ITA itself. Its very simple process nothing to worry .

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
ok guys ,

I understand what u are talking about .
Look at the WES ECA given to you . Your ECA # must end with IMM (eg : 1234567IMM) .
On the top it has to be written "Educational Credential Assessment for Citizenship and Immigration Canada"

So this is the report they are mentioning in the email . If you guys report is not like the above , then all you need to do is just order a duplicate copy "specific to CIC" ..

I myself went through this situation , but I did before my ITA itself. Its very simple process nothing to worry .
sraj07,
Thank you. Appreciate this info.

niche0910

Nov 1, 2015
I received the same mail that I need to upgrade file to WES ICAP and order a duplicate report.
Someone who has faced similar situation, pls advise -
do i need to order an ECA duplicate package report (I had initially opted for wes basic)

or

do i need to first add WES ICAP and then order a report?

Regards,

Sap4555

Mar 9, 2015
Hi , how long did it take to issue duplicate report ? Did it delay your processing anyhow ? Pls share your experience . I got similar email today and ordered duplicate report immd .

varun22

May 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016<br>Medicals Passed - 29-01-2016 <br>Ghost Mail - 31-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
Hi,

All of you who have got these emails from WES, would you please confirm if you have CIC-FSWP mentioned under additional recipients or not?

My WES report ref no. doesn't end with IMM, but it specifically says that report has been shared with CIC-FSWP.
I got it evaluated in November 2014.

Thanks

varun22

May 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
Can someone please confirm?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
JUST CHILL said:
Don't worry even mine didn't have that I'm number but as per my GCMS note my Wes report is verified by cic.
What year did you have your ECA done?

T365 said:
Agree with rajanvnv. I'm also impacted by this and will order duplicate copy as my ECA report ends in "*/fm"

More info here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-application-after-aor-got-rejected-because-they-said-i-havent-done-eca-t393775.15.html
Hah, same here, probably they were using officers' initials before. So it looks like it's not consistent. This thread in the quote had the applicant rejected, but the instances in this thread had the applicants receiving the notification from WES.

I ordered mine just to be sure, and the status is still "evaluation in progress". It's been more than 1 business day, so I'm not sure how long it will take from an older CIC ECA.

varun22

May 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
I ordered a duplicate WES report alongwith access for WES. It costed me $33 but got peace of mind.
They sent it within 1 business day.

Now, CIC for sure has access to our WES reports.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varun22 said:
I ordered a duplicate WES report alongwith access for WES. It costed me $33 but got peace of mind.
They sent it within 1 business day.

Now, CIC for sure has access to our WES reports.
varun22,
I believe when you do this, a new report would be generated with a new WES number. Hence, I would suggest you to submit a CSE attaching the new report along with a Letter of explanation. Plz verify.

SolG

Jan 31, 2016
Quick question guys. Does WES send a copy of the report to CIC or do they only send it to the applicant?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SolG said:
Quick question guys. Does WES send a copy of the report to CIC or do they only send it to the applicant?
WES must send a copy of the report to CEC.