Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
yijiequ said:
i said this before and gonna say it again.. why do you think many second generation immigrants have the highest income in Canada? they arent as incompetent and work very hard both business and school .. on the other hand, this government cares more about having some political scores than anything else. its good in front of camera.. family reunion? not so much.. despite, if you bring more hard working immigrants; instead of the one relying on the government cheese, you gonna have a more competitive market and lower cost of doing business.. oh wait... you know the government wanna higher tax not a free market.. isn't it? lol.
Yes, this government is all about point scoring and doing nothing. Got so many refugees here within 4 months and when you ask them about Spousal Apps they say we do the background checks thats why it takes time. For refugees I guess they didn't do any background check that's why they came to Canada so quickly.

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
I completely agree, this process is extremely frustrating. IRCC have deployed several senior officers from several visa offices and sent them to process refugees in Jordan Lebanon and Turkey, and in the meantime we have to keep on waiting.
I can't even begin to explain how frustrated I am, my husband and I have been waiting for 20 months. My husband needs an ARC, we sent it 14 months ago but because the VO don't have too many senior officers to deal with these type of applications we have to wait and wait.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
The fact is immigration slowed to a crawl under Harper. If it's true what that documentary states, that just goes to show where their priorities were. Man I hated Harper.

Anyways, keep in mind the USA has a minimum income amount requirement in order to sponsor a spouse. I am grateful that Canada as no such requirement, or I'd never have been able to sponsor my husband on disability.

However, I 100% agree though that there is no need to take the current approach to immigration (spouses proved guilty before innocent basically).

I've now read hundreds of cases on CANLII. I feel like there would be 0 impact on Canada if even ALL those truly non-genuine spouses got into Canada. Sure there are some real scam artists out there. But what's the harm in letting the spouse into Canada after a background/medical check instead of making them wait years? Are they that fearful of a few bad apples escaping into the country? If they are that desperate to get to Canada maybe they will actually benefit our society.

Why don't they just deny the spouses who have bad immigration histories and criminality for instance, and give the rest temporary visas.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Aquakitty said:
The fact is immigration slowed to a crawl under Harper. If it's true what that documentary states, that just goes to show where their priorities were. Man I hated Harper.

Anyways, keep in mind the USA has a minimum income amount requirement in order to sponsor a spouse. I am grateful that Canada as no such requirement, or I'd never have been able to sponsor my husband on disability.

However, I 100% agree though that there is no need to take the current approach to immigration (spouses proved guilty before innocent basically).

I've now read hundreds of cases on CANLII. I feel like there would be 0 impact on Canada if even ALL those truly non-genuine spouses got into Canada. Sure there are some real scam artists out there. But what's the harm in letting the spouse into Canada after a background/medical check instead of making them wait years? Are they that fearful of a few bad apples escaping into the country? If they are that desperate to get to Canada maybe they will actually benefit our society.
I agree. Once they have established no background issues we should be immediately issued temporary visa's. By then they know everything about the sponsor and the applicant.

Why don't they just deny the spouses who have bad immigration histories and criminality for instance, and give the rest temporary visas.

M

mikeymyke

hyper said:
Seriously I think CIC is incompetent.. For a very developed country like Canada to be spending so much time on family sponsorship thereby tearing families apart everyday is shameful.. Even to access Ecas, most applicant can't.. No other visa office in the world is this incompetent not even the third world countries..
Why are you complaining now? Seriously you only applied back in April 27, so you're now only about 6 weeks into the process.

What country is your spouse from? Why aren't you trying to apply for a visitor visa in the mean time? Or go visit your spouse in his/her country? I was kind of expecting someone who's about a year into the process or on interview queue, but you're just 6 weeks in....

Hate to break it to you, but usually for most people, you should expect anywhere from 3-8 months for the spouse to get PR visa, it will be longer if they're from a developing country or if you have red flags.

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016
mikeymyke said:
Why are you complaining now? Seriously you only applied back in April 27, so you're now only about 6 weeks into the process.

What country is your spouse from? Why aren't you trying to apply for a visitor visa in the mean time? Or go visit your spouse in his/her country? I was kind of expecting someone who's about a year into the process or on interview queue, but you're just 6 weeks in....

Hate to break it to you, but usually for most people, you should expect anywhere from 3-8 months for the spouse to get PR visa, it will be longer if they're from a developing country or if you have red flags.
[/quote

I'm not complaining about my application my dear, I feel pained seeing so many people waiting for months and they don't even know when the waiting will end. Now putting that into consideration, when will it get to my torn when CIC is still dealing with July applicants in my VO..

Why do u think it should be longer for developing countries,why do u think people from developed countries should be treated with priority over those from developing countries?

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
mia_79 said:
I don't have anything against refugees, they need a place to live as well and Canada is a big place.
My problem surrounds processing and the idea that people spend a lot of money and time completing these applications and certain cases are thrown out without two thoughts on the basis of someones ill conception of a relationship. I understand it's a job for the officers processing our cases, but they should consider their decisions and the impact it makes on peoples lives.

I'm a Canadian citizen, my daughter is a Canadian citizen, i'm trying to sponsor by spouse and the visa officer tells me i don't have enough proof after submitting 150 pages of pictures, 120 pages of e-mails, marriage certificates, we're maried over 4 years now etc. sends a request for an interview which we don't confirm on. Waits 3 months without following up with another channel, sail mail, phone call, they have phones right? I mean they hide behind e-mail, i understand that they don't want people calling them and complaining, but they know how to dial one i hope.. and finally sends us a refusal letter that we didn't show up to an interview which we knew nothing about... come on.... seriously?

If a 4 year marriage and a 1 year old child & living together the entire time isn't enough for proof of a relationship.. what is?
That scares me because it's similar to my situation. 2 year marriage but have co-habited for 3 years. Have a 1-year old Canadian citizen daughter. Been going back and forth between Canada and Vietnam. Will be heading to Vietnam next week and plan on staying with her and our daughter throughout the application process.

Wish they could just come to our house and they can nose around wherever they like. Talk with all the neighbours. That would be the solid proof our relationship is genuine. Or if they accept videos. I could record our daily lives for them to see our relationship is genuine.

Cancouple

Jun 4, 2016
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016; AOR2 08-04-2016
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
DEC 2015
Seeing the wide variance on processing times, even at the same visa offices, it seems that they just throw applications received on a pile and then randomly choose what one to process. You just gotta hope you're the one they pick next! ;D

M

mikeymyke

hyper said:
Why do u think it should be longer for developing countries,why do u think people from developed countries should be treated with priority over those from developing countries?
I don't think it should be longer for any country personally, as I feel everyone should be treated the same. However, I put the blame squarely on those developing countries, their governments and the bad apples that commit marriage fraud, not the Canadian government.

Why do you think that countries like Pakistan, India, Vietnam, etc face such longer processing times than everyone else? Are they being discriminatory? No, the fact is these countries have much higher marriage fraud rates than others, therefore they face higher scrutiny and longer processing times. If you want to blame someone, blame the people who are committing marriage fraud in those countries that are causing grief for the rest of us.

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016
mikeymyke said:
I don't think it should be longer for any country personally, as I feel everyone should be treated the same. However, I put the blame squarely on those developing countries, their governments and the bad apples that commit marriage fraud, not the Canadian government.

Why do you think that countries like Pakistan, India, Vietnam, etc face such longer processing times than everyone else? Are they being discriminatory? No, the fact is these countries have much higher marriage fraud rates than others, therefore they face higher scrutiny and longer processing times. If you want to blame someone, blame the people who are committing marriage fraud in those countries that are causing grief for the rest of us.

I agree with you about the marriage fraud been done by the mentioned developing countries but are you saying people from developed countries don't do marriage fraud? Trust me, a lot of people from developed countries do marriage fraud.. People from those countries you mention apply for visas to other countries and get processed to other countries within 3months. CIC staffs are well trained to detect sham marriages, they should step up and stop this unnecessary delay

s.and.s

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Guys, I totally understand everyone's frustrations. But how many of us have actually contacted our MPs regarding this?

I recently wrote to mine. Also cc'd Minister John McCallum <john.mccallum@parl.gc.ca> on it. You can easily find your MP's email addresses at Parliament of Canada's website.

I appreciate that this forum serves as a support group for so many of us, but I suggest we start emailing our MPs instead of venting our frustrations here. It really doesn't take much, and the more of us do this, the better it is. I've made it my personal mandate to send an email once a week. And I will continue to do so until I see some results.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
mikeymyke said:

So a well trained visa officer needs an year to detect if the marriage is sham or not :/ Strange... And how can UK visa officers detect if the marriage is fraud or not in just a month? Why is it just Canadians who needs time to detect marriage fraud? and I'm sure UK receive 100% more applications then Canada.

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016
s.and.s said:
Guys, I totally understand everyone's frustrations. But how many of us have actually contacted our MPs regarding this?

I recently wrote to mine. Also cc'd Minister John McCallum <john.mccallum@parl.gc.ca> on it. You can easily find your MP's email addresses at Parliament of Canada's website.

I appreciate that this forum serves as a support group for so many of us, but I suggest we start emailing our MPs instead of venting our frustrations here. It really doesn't take much, and the more of us do this, the better it is. I've made it my personal mandate to send an email once a week. And I will continue to do so until I see some results.

I agree 100% with you

M

mikeymyke

hyper said:
I agree with you about the marriage fraud been done by the mentioned developing countries but are you saying people from developed countries don't do marriage fraud? Trust me, a lot of people from developed countries do marriage fraud.. People from those countries you mention apply for visas to other countries and get processed to other countries within 3months. CIC staffs are well trained to detect sham marriages, they should step up and stop this unnecessary delay
What I'm saying is there are FAR more cases of marriage fraud done by people from developing countries than rich ones. It doesn't take a genius or a CIC employee to figure that out, as most marriage fraud cases probably occur due to the desire for a better quality of life, to escape poverty, the ability to travel visa free to most countries, or to get the social benefits that Canada offers. Less cases of marriage fraud from the rich countries obviously because applicants likely already have a good quality of life back in their home country.

So now, the rest of us get screwed over because for example, there are such large # of cases of marriage fraud from Pakistan that naveedali has to wait longer to reunite with his wife. Is that fair? If not, why aren't we bashing those marriage fraudsters from Pakistan instead of our government? Also, because the Pakistani government is so inept at creating genuine documents, I believe Pakistan is one of the few countries where the applicant has to submit original documents from pakistan instead of photocopies.

I don't know why are you getting so worked up over this. This is common sense.

Also you guys need to stop comparing Canada to the US or the UK as to how fast they're processing the spousal PR files. They might be identical countries in terms of wealth and quality of life, but in the end, they're still different countries, and different countries will have their own way of doing things whether it's inefficient or not. Having been to all 3 countries, I can say that I'd definitely prefer to live in Canada, no matter if it takes 2 years to come here. It's a privilege to be living in the best country in the world for raising families.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
mikeymyke said:
What I'm saying is there are FAR more cases of marriage fraud done by people from developing countries than rich ones. It doesn't take a genius or a CIC employee to figure that out, as most marriage fraud cases probably occur due to the desire for a better quality of life, to escape poverty, the ability to travel visa free to most countries, or to get the social benefits that Canada offers. Less cases of marriage fraud from the rich countries obviously because applicants likely already have a good quality of life back in their home country.

So now, the rest of us get screwed over because for example, there are such large # of cases of marriage fraud from Pakistan that naveedali has to wait longer to reunite with his wife. Is that fair? If not, why aren't we bashing those marriage fraudsters from Pakistan instead of our government? Also, because the Pakistani government is so inept at creating genuine documents, I believe Pakistan is one of the few countries where the applicant has to submit original documents from pakistan instead of photocopies.

I don't know why are you getting so worked up over this. This is common sense.

Also you guys need to stop comparing Canada to the US or the UK as to how fast they're processing the spousal PR files. They might be identical countries in terms of wealth and quality of life, but in the end, they're still different countries, and different countries will have their own way of doing things whether it's inefficient or not. Having been to all 3 countries, I can say that I'd definitely prefer to live in Canada, no matter if it takes 2 years to come here. It's a privilege to be living in the best country in the world for raising families.
mikeymyke, i totally agree with you that countries such as pakistan, india, vietnam, etc have higher rates of marriage fraud and are terrible at record keeping. however i'm not entirely sure that this is the reason why some of the visa offices are taking longer to process applications.

1. new delhi VO has succesfully been able to process 2016 applications within 2-3 months, whereas last year they were taking upwards of 16 or more months. this has raised quite a few eyebrows around here.
2. london VO meanwhile is responsible for processing both pakistani and british applications, and according to our spreadsheets, pakistani applications at LVO are currently being processed within the same timeframe as british applications at LVO (7.5 to 8.0 months).

for point #2 above, you'll see different processing times listed on the CIC website. i'm thinking this is the result of the backlog created by islamabad VO (which was diverted in 2012-2013) skewing the average.