+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC incompetent

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Seriously I think CIC is incompetent.. For a very developed country like Canada to be spending so much time on family sponsorship thereby tearing families apart everyday is shameful.. Even to access Ecas, most applicant can't.. No other visa office in the world is this incompetent not even the third world countries..

Reactions: Chen Yiyang

mia_79

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Warsaw - PL / Oshawa - CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016 (missed); request by phone on 21-06-2016
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
Prior to submission
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
Tickets bought for: 12-09-2016
I agree.. especially when they try to make contact, get on confirmation that you received anything, don't try calling your or following up and then refuse your application. Logic = -10 000 points at least. Some of these officers fell off the christmas tree.

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Hey... we got to get all the refugees here!!! When govt sponsored are done, we got to process privately sponsored refugees. Why work for settlement of homeless Canadians and speed up processing of canadian couples who have to live separate when we can get refugees in?!

I have nothing against Refugees being brought in.. but their priorities are a bit ridiculous.

mia_79

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
Prior to submission
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
I don't have anything against refugees, they need a place to live as well and Canada is a big place.
My problem surrounds processing and the idea that people spend a lot of money and time completing these applications and certain cases are thrown out without two thoughts on the basis of someones ill conception of a relationship. I understand it's a job for the officers processing our cases, but they should consider their decisions and the impact it makes on peoples lives.

I'm a Canadian citizen, my daughter is a Canadian citizen, i'm trying to sponsor by spouse and the visa officer tells me i don't have enough proof after submitting 150 pages of pictures, 120 pages of e-mails, marriage certificates, we're maried over 4 years now etc. sends a request for an interview which we don't confirm on. Waits 3 months without following up with another channel, sail mail, phone call, they have phones right? I mean they hide behind e-mail, i understand that they don't want people calling them and complaining, but they know how to dial one i hope.. and finally sends us a refusal letter that we didn't show up to an interview which we knew nothing about... come on.... seriously?

If a 4 year marriage and a 1 year old child & living together the entire time isn't enough for proof of a relationship.. what is?

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
mia_79 said:
I don't have anything against refugees, they need a place to live as well and Canada is a big place.
My problem surrounds processing and the idea that people spend a lot of money and time completing these applications and certain cases are thrown out without two thoughts on the basis of someones ill conception of a relationship. I understand it's a job for the officers processing our cases, but they should consider their decisions and the impact it makes on peoples lives.

I'm a Canadian citizen, my daughter is a Canadian citizen, i'm trying to sponsor by spouse and the visa officer tells me i don't have enough proof after submitting 150 pages of pictures, 120 pages of e-mails, marriage certificates, we're maried over 4 years now etc. sends a request for an interview which we don't confirm on. Waits 3 months without following up with another channel, sail mail, phone call, they have phones right? I mean they hide behind e-mail, i understand that they don't want people calling them and complaining, but they know how to dial one i hope.. and finally sends us a refusal letter that we didn't show up to an interview which we knew nothing about... come on.... seriously?

If a 4 year marriage and a 1 year old child & living together the entire time isn't enough for proof of a relationship.. what is?
I am shocked they even felt the need to interview you.

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016
deepax said:
Hey... we got to get all the refugees here!!! When govt sponsored are done, we got to process privately sponsored refugees. Why work for settlement of homeless Canadians and speed up processing of canadian couples who have to live separate when we can get refugees in?!

I have nothing against Refugees being brought in.. but their priorities are a bit ridiculous.

I truely appreciate them processing refugees, it's hard to be homeless and been faced with war, seeing their brothers and family members losse their lives before their very eyes.. May God truely bless Canada for their great heart to help the refugees..

Haven said that , something should be done to speed up family sponsorship because many families have been torn apart because of the way they are handling their application..

nmclean

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
Doc's Request.
28-01-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
28-06-2016
deepax said:

In theory, both refugees and families are the priorities...

A Liberal government will renew and expand a safe, secure, and humane refugee program for Canada.
A Liberal government will make family reunification one of its core immigration priorities, because when families are able to stay together, their integration to Canada and ability to work and grow their communities all improve.
https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/a-new-plan-for-canadian-immigration-and-economic-opportunity/?shownew=1

But in theory, these have been the priorities for many years already, and this is only the latest of several (so far failed) attempts to put it into action. Here's a familiar quote:

According to Minister Volpe “Reuniting families is a commitment of the Government of Canada as well as a key priority of Canada’s immigration program.” The Minister expects that increasing the efficiency of immigration processing will address this important issue.
http://www.cicnews.com/2005/04/reuniting-families-cic-priority-04188.html#S4rBSlPkjOmUoGWF.99

That was 11 years ago.

If you want to know where the real priorities are, just look where the "family budget" is actually going:

In the 2014-15 year, CIC's budget for this stream (including inland and outland applicants) was $27.472.071. The goal was to process between 45,000 and 48,000 applications, which means an expense that goes between $572,33 and $610,49 per application
But applicants are in fact charged with $1,100, according to the CIC website, which means an amount between $489,51 and $527,67 that is charged to these applicants but not invested in processing their applications.
However, applicants requesting a TFW permit pay only $155, which only covers 10 to 20% of the real cost of processing their application.
The only two categories that see an increase in both staff and budget, while the goals are also the same, are Temporary Foreign Workers and International Students, which means more money will be invested per application.
...family reunification has experienced an increase in processing times and a higher error rate, while fees have been increased, and half of the fees these families are paying are not being invested in their stream. This while they are told CIC has no resources to improve their stream.

In the meantime, applications for a Temporary Work Permit have considerably faster processing times, between 1 to 13 months depending on the visa office that processes it. Average processing times in the 50 Canadian visa offices abroad processing work permits is 3 months.

The impact of cutting existing resources from one stream and increasing them for other is clearly visible in terms of processing times. However, if Canadian families are in fact paying much more than what's invested in their application, they deserve to know why this is happening and where are their fees going.
http://thebacklogdoc.blogspot.ca/2015/06/is-family-reunification-subsidizing.html

mia_79

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
Prior to submission
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
Sous02 said:
I am shocked they even felt the need to interview you.
as am i :)

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
In most of developed countries it is fast because the key element is Sponsor Approval, and they don't waste their time trying to figure out whether the relationship is genuine or not as they have a similar condition 51, the rest is probability you cannot tell if the the relationship is genuine based on papers. I wouldn't mind if they keep condition 51 but process faster

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016
gabba50 said:
In most of developed countries it is fast because the key element is Sponsor Approval, and they don't waste their time trying to figure out whether the relationship is genuine or not as they have a similar condition 51, the rest is probability you cannot tell if the the relationship is genuine based on papers. I wouldn't mind if they keep condition 51 but process faster
You have a point but I disagree with u by saying other countries don't waste their time checking whether the relationship is genuine.. Trust me all countries do check the genuinety of their applicant relationship and still process it within 3 months. I think Canada is just delaying people's application on purpose to discourage and destroy people relationship and marriage.. Mind you, why is it mainly 3rd world country that have to wait for 10months to more than 1yrs.. This is really wickedness

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
I know, I didn't mean they never look at, they do but after the couple lives together, like in USA , You pass interview after 2 years of cohabitation in USA, from that you will at least be sure if the couple is genuine.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
UK process the application within 60 days and Canada is taking 43 days just to approve the sponsorship. UK also do all the background checks before issuing a visa, CIC is doing everything deliberately I guess. For Pakistani applicants they take 3 months to issue a visa after Decision Made what's their excuse on this? Background checks even after DM? They're happy to take refugees because the world fee say "ohh see Canada is taking refugees" but the Canadian citizens are suffering because of slow processing.

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016
naveedali said:
UK process the application within 60 days and Canada is taking 43 days just to approve the sponsorship. UK also do all the background checks before issuing a visa, CIC is doing everything deliberately I guess. For Pakistani applicants they take 3 months to issue a visa after Decision Made what's their excuse on this? Background checks even after DM? They're happy to take refugees because the world fee say "ohh see Canada is taking refugees" but the Canadian citizens are suffering because of slow processing.

Yes very true, U.K and many EU countries process family sponsorship between 2 to 3 months.. Is CIC telling us that they don't do background check.. Even US that is also slow is way better that CIC.. People should come out and speak.. This is pure wickedness and barbaric

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
hyper said:
Yes very true, U.K and many EU countries process family sponsorship between 2 to 3 months.. Is CIC telling us that they don't do background check.. Even US that is also slow is way better that CIC.. People should come out and speak.. This is pure wickedness and barbaric
Someone should write an article and send it to all the news agencies with stats of UK and other countries. I lived in UK and i have seen people getting their visas under 30 days and when I see Canada processing time it breaks my heart. UK also has a window service for inland applications, they charge you double fee for it, take your interview and grant you visa on the same day and you get your visa card in 2 days. We don't need a PR just give us simple spouse visa in 2 months and then give us PR after whatever years.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
deepax said:

i said this before and gonna say it again.. why do you think many second generation immigrants have the highest income in Canada? they arent as incompetent and work very hard both business and school .. on the other hand, this government cares more about having some political scores than anything else. its good in front of camera.. family reunion? not so much.. despite, if you bring more hard working immigrants; instead of the one relying on the government cheese, you gonna have a more competitive market and lower cost of doing business.. oh wait... you know the government wanna higher tax not a free market.. isn't it? lol.