+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Final Request additional documents

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
ugghh. My point was if they send this letter, it is usually the last thing they need. It was only to clarify that the OP will be in the last stage of his/her application and a decision will be made after 30 days. It was in response to your post:
And my point is that your interpretation is wrong. The 30 day deadline is a deadline to provide photos, it is not a deadline to get a decision.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If they were ready to make a decision within thirty days, they would not be asking for photos which are proof of relationship or birth certificates, both of which are crucially important to the application. It can take 30 days for a visa officer to even see the files, never mind decide if they meet the requirements.

If a person receives this letter, it should not be interpreted as "my decision will be made in 30 days." It should be interpreted as it is written - you must provide proof of relationship. Photos are part of that. If you have not provided sufficient photos to prove the relationship, CIC sends you this letter demanding more. They give you thirty days to provide the photos, or else they will make a decision on the information they currently have, whhcb they have decided is not enough because they've asked for more.

Please stop suggesting this letter is a sign that the application is almost finished. It isn't necessarily, in fact, it means there is not enough information in the form of photos to make a positive decision.

Reactions: Sharukh khan

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
If they were ready to make a decision within thirty days, they would not be asking for photos which are proof of relationship or birth certificates, both of which are crucially important to the application. It can take 30 days for a visa officer to even see the files, never mind decide if they meet the requirements.

If a person receives this letter, it should not be interpreted as "my decision will be made in 30 days." It should be interpreted as it is written - you must provide proof of relationship. Photos are part of that. If you have not provided sufficient photos to prove the relationship, CIC sends you this letter demanding more. They give you thirty days to provide the photos, or else they will make a decision on the information they currently have, whhcb they have decided is not enough because they've asked for more.

Please stop suggesting this letter is a sign that the application is almost finished. It isn't necessarily, in fact, it means there is not enough information in the form of photos to make a positive decision.
Correct
I am june 13 applicant and I received a same letter (proof of relationship,passport because it was expired and RPRF). They said its final request no more request will be made. But its still il process and last month they ask my sponsor employment and my bank statement
So its just formal saying that its final request its not a final request at all.
Thanks

Reactions: k.h.p.

notpudding

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-01-2019
I had that same **FINAL REQUEST** letter that stressed me out even though they had never sent one before. It's pretty common, so don't worry! Thankfully I got DM shortly after sending them. I hope you do too. Good luck!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
"Final request no more requests" means this is the last time we will ask you for photos, not that it is the final request on your file. Some people will get quick notification. Others will not.

CIC does not send you a letter to tell you they are sending you no more letters. The only letter like this is one that starts with "congratulations"

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I stand corrected then. Apologies.
It's fine, but it highlights the necessity of the whole context of the letter. If you don't pay your cell phone bill and get a "Final notice," it doesn't mean you never need to pay again after thirty days. It means if you don't respond, you're screwed.

breezy15

Aug 23, 2018
It's fine, but it highlights the necessity of the whole context of the letter. If you don't pay your cell phone bill and get a "Final notice," it doesn't mean you never need to pay again after thirty days. It means if you don't respond, you're screwed.
Thanks for help and the clarification, khp!

I was wondering with the PDF attachment of all of my photos..how big can the file be and should I attach it with the birth certificate all together? In addition....should I write a cover letter? Thank you.

Cheezmoza

Dec 27, 2018
Thanks for help and the clarification, khp!

I was wondering with the PDF attachment of all of my photos..how big can the file be and should I attach it with the birth certificate all together? In addition....should I write a cover letter? Thank you.
Hello...just wanna ask cic requested additional documents and was uploaded yesterday thru webform. Please may I ask if anyone here did the same and how many days cic will update. Coz as I log in to my gckey account still not updated. Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello...just wanna ask cic requested additional documents and was uploaded yesterday thru webform. Please may I ask if anyone here did the same and how many days cic will update. Coz as I log in to my gckey account still not updated. Thank you
They say on the webform that they may not always respond. It takes 5-28 days for them to review.

Cheezmoza

Dec 27, 2018
They say on the webform that they may not always respond. It takes 5-28 days for them to review.
Hi thank for your time...but it's OK for me not to worry even though my gckey account still showing required documents..thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Just wait. If you submitted documents yesterday, the webform has no way of knowing if they are the required documents. A human has to review them.

Just wait for now.

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Hi thank for your time...but it's OK for me not to worry even though my gckey account still showing required documents..thanks
I was requested aditional documents and i submitted the day after (via email they provide)
Its been more then a month still not updated
So its a waitng game