+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Final Request additional documents

breezy15

Aug 23, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have received an email from CIC Mississauga that says ***FINAL REQUEST*** Highlighted on the top of the letter.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
> Marriage photos: If you were married according to the rites, customs, and/or traditions of this country, please submit additional printed photos of the principal applicant and the sponsor with relatives and friends. Photos submitted should include photos of the wedding ceremony and customary celebrations held afterwards. Photos should also include pictures taken of the principal applicant and the sponsor together on other occasions, either before and/or after the wedding. This must be received at this office by:
-------
> Birth registration/certificate: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as: o Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and o Voter's ID card. This must be received at this office by: ---

THIS IS YOUR FINAL REMINDER. NO FURTHER REQUESTS WILL BE SENT.

I'm confused if they just want additional marriage photos (we have many) or they also want photos of other occasions like vacations, travels, etc. (which we also have)??? It says "Photos should also include pictures taken of the principal applicant and the sponsor together on other occasions, either before and/or after the wedding"

In addition, I don't know why they need his birth certificate because we already sent it with along with a certified translation and certified true copy.

also....does this mean we are nearing the end of our application?

Thanks!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If they're asking for it, they want it. Don't assume you can just not send the birth certificate if you already sent it, because there is a reason why they're asking for it - even if it's a mystery right now.

For photos, the letter is clear: send additional photos of the PA and the sponsor with relatives and friends, including the wedding and celebrations. Also include some other ones. They used the word "also" to explain they also want other photos.

Send them up to 20.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Also, no, it doesn't mean that you're nearing the end of your application. If they're sending you a "final request" they've requested this before, and they're actually close to sending you a procedural fairness letter or an outright rejection as they have asked for photos that you haven't sent. If they're asking for additional photos, they may not find your initial photos sufficient.

They don't send one letter and call it a final request.

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Actually, they did the same in my case. Just one letter and it was final request.

I'm confused if they just want additional marriage photos (we have many) or they also want photos of other occasions like vacations, travels, etc. (which we also have)??? It says "Photos should also include pictures taken of the principal applicant and the sponsor together on other occasions, either before and/or after the wedding"

In addition, I don't know why they need his birth certificate because we already sent it with along with a certified translation and certified true copy.

also....does this mean we are nearing the end of our application?

Thanks!
Mix up photos from different occasions. If there are any traditions followed in your country, include them as well.
Send the birth certificate again as khp mentioned.

Not necessarily the end, but close to it. Check my signature for my timeline.

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
Also, no, it doesn't mean that you're nearing the end of your application. If they're sending you a "final request" they've requested this before, and they're actually close to sending you a procedural fairness letter or an outright rejection as they have asked for photos that you haven't sent. If they're asking for additional photos, they may not find your initial photos sufficient.

You are absolutely wrong here. I had received a final request too last month, and before that there was no request. Last request was the first request. This does not mean they will send PFL or rejection letter. Please do not scare other members.

they have done with most of the applicants who got a request for additional documents.

Only thing you were right about is that this might not be nearing an end, but it could be.

Reactions: glj18 and schweisy

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You are absolutely wrong here. I had received a final request too last month, and before that there was no request. Last request was the first request. This does not mean they will send PFL or rejection letter. Please do not scare other members.

they have done with most of the applicants who got a request for additional documents.

Only thing you were right about is that this might not be nearing an end, but it could be.
Then wait and see what happens if you don't send additional photos.

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
Then wait and see what happens if you don't send additional photos.
Well if you don't send if they requested it then obviously it will be rejected.

What I was trying to say is that "Final Request" doesn't mean that they requested it previously and we didn't send. They have a habit of writing this majority of the request. Many ppl on this forum got it as Final Request. This could mean that they don't need anything else anymore after this.

Reactions: schweisy

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
This could mean that they don't need anything else anymore after this.
It really won't mean this. CIC is not in the habit of saying "this is the last thing we need from you and you're all good." Even the finalization and landing interview notifications don't say that, and those are literally the last things you need to do.

While you may not have received an initial request, final request means "this is the last time we're going to ask you about these photos, and if you don't send them, you're out of luck."

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
It really won't mean this. CIC is not in the habit of saying "this is the last thing we need from you and you're all good." Even the finalization and landing interview notifications don't say that, and those are literally the last things you need to do.

While you may not have received an initial request, final request means "this is the last time we're going to ask you about these photos, and if you don't send them, you're out of luck."
cool.. lets keep it your way then...

Reactions: izzy22

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018

Incorrect. The letter the OP mentioned usually has a line that states that a decision "WILL" be made after 30 days regardless of a person sending additional documents. DM could be approved or rejected.

breezy15

Aug 23, 2018
Incorrect. The letter the OP mentioned usually has a line that states that a decision "WILL" be made after 30 days regardless of a person sending additional documents. DM could be approved or rejected.
I appreciate the information, guys. Yes, it says a decision will be made if the documents are not provided within 30 days but I will remain positive and hand them more photos within the timeframe.

also should we attach captions (date, time, place on the photos?) I'm thinking I should...but don't know how to do that since I will be sending them online.

Thanks for your help!!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Oy. No, the decision that will be made, if photos are not sent within 30 days, is that the application will be rejected for lack of photos. That's why they're asking for it.

If you send them photos, and that causes them reason to review further and identify other things that they want to ask you about, they won't suddenly have a 30-day deadline in which to ask you.

The 30-day deadline is the deadline for you to submit the additional documents they've requested or they will reject your application. The decision they will make will be in context of all the information you've submitted to date, which they have already determined to be insufficient, hence their request for more information.

CIC is not going to send you a letter asking for more photos and then say "Well, it's been 30 days. We didn't see enough photos to believe the marriage was credible, but since we said 30 days, we'll just approve it anyways." If they had enough information to approve an application within 30 days, there is no plausible reason for them to say "we need additional photos, send them now."

breezy15

Aug 23, 2018
Oy. No, the decision that will be made, if photos are not sent within 30 days, is that the application will be rejected for lack of photos. That's why they're asking for it.

If you send them photos, and that causes them reason to review further and identify other things that they want to ask you about, they won't suddenly have a 30-day deadline in which to ask you.

The 30-day deadline is the deadline for you to submit the additional documents they've requested or they will reject your application. The decision they will make will be in context of all the information you've submitted to date, which they have already determined to be insufficient, hence their request for more information.

CIC is not going to send you a letter asking for more photos and then say "Well, it's been 30 days. We didn't see enough photos to believe the marriage was credible, but since we said 30 days, we'll just approve it anyways." If they had enough information to approve an application within 30 days, there is no plausible reason for them to say "we need additional photos, send them now."
ahhh I get it thanks khp!

also should we attach captions (date, time, place on the photos?) I'm thinking I should...but don't know how to do that since I will be sending them online.

Thanks a bunch

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You should add in captions and such, just like you would in the initial submission. If you can, put the photos in a document, and then captions describing who and what is in each photo. Make it a PDF if you can, for ease of submission.

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018

ugghh. My point was if they send this letter, it is usually the last thing they need. It was only to clarify that the OP will be in the last stage of his/her application and a decision will be made after 30 days. It was in response to your post:

It really won't mean this. CIC is not in the habit of saying "this is the last thing we need from you and you're all good."