+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC cancels application since FBI report is not provided

profK

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Incomplete applications and Refund

If an application is found to be incomplete, the processing office must reject the application, as follows:

promote and then “cancel” the application in GCMS, with the application status reason listed as “incomplete application”;
in GCMS, note the reason(s) for having rejected the application; and
refund all fees associated with the application (i.e., the cost recovery fee and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, as applicable).

When an application is rejected as incomplete, the applicant must submit a new Express Entry profile in their MyCIC account to be considered for any future draws.

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Thank you so much.. This really helps..

profK said:
Incomplete applications and Refund

If an application is found to be incomplete, the processing office must reject the application, as follows:

promote and then “cancel” the application in GCMS, with the application status reason listed as “incomplete application”;
in GCMS, note the reason(s) for having rejected the application; and
refund all fees associated with the application (i.e., the cost recovery fee and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, as applicable).

When an application is rejected as incomplete, the applicant must submit a new Express Entry profile in their MyCIC account to be considered for any future draws.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gustcan said:
Well CIC seems to have really meant that they would cancel incomplete applications. I just got a letter from CIC stating that they are canceling my application since I did not provide a FBI PCC which is not older than 6 months. Please note I did provide them with a PCC which was about 9 months old and also provided them a letter of explanation along with proof that I have requested for a new PCC in March. CIC seems to have lost it this time. I am obviously going to appeal against this through my lawyer but I wanted to post this so that everyone knows letter of explanations simply do not work. Just send your application only when its complete.
I confirm that letter of explanations do not work. I got an incomplete application verdict myself last year. They are extremely bureaucratic and do not take any positive initiative at all. You just have to have everything and exactly in the shape they want them to be.

KB83

Apr 5, 2015
Before this Express entry, my brother applied in normal FSW and he got extension for one month when he sent letter of explanation for delay in FBI PCC ( he applied from India ). This much I can tell from my personal experience.

wolf_metallo

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Jul-2015
AOR Received.
26-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
29-Jul-2015
Passport Req..
11-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
May-2016
dragon17Sky said:
Just send a case specific inquiry with the additional document with proper explanation of the reason
So this email ID, right? CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca

Thanks man, that at least is a good backup in case something is forgotten or missed. And thanks for posting your case! It helped me wait and get the PCC - I don't want to take the risk.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I need your help.

I got a letter of cancellation today and the reason being failure to submit the police certificates from the USA while I never lived in the US for 6 months or more. I used to work for a US organization but overseas, never relocated to the states and i have not provided any address for me in the states.

I'm thinking of submitting a letter from this employer clearly stating the fact that I have never moved to the state, along with old passports photocopies where it shows the in and out from my country/the state. Do you think this will be enough to reopen my application again??

I'm trying to call CIC to get some guidance! that's so ironic!!

Any other advice??

Thanks!

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
AAlhadka said:
Guys, I need your help.

I got a letter of cancellation today and the reason being failure to submit the police certificates from the USA while I never lived in the US for 6 months or more. I used to work for a US organization but overseas, never relocated to the states and i have not provided any address for me in the states.

I'm thinking of submitting a letter from this employer clearly stating the fact that I have never moved to the state, along with old passports photocopies where it shows the in and out from my country/the state. Do you think this will be enough to reopen my application again??

Any other advice??

Thanks!
What address did you use for this organization. I am not familiar with Documents after getting ITA, - Under police certificate does it specify which countries you need to provide certificate for?

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakashaka said:
What address did you use for this organization. I am not familiar with Documents after getting ITA, - Under police certificate does it specify which countries you need to provide certificate for?
The organization HQ is in Atlanta Georgia but I personally didn't live there!!

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAlhadka said:
Guys, I need your help.

Any other advice??

Thanks!
Sorry about your case. When did you submit your application? Did you apply under fswp or cec? Are you already in Canada? What country did you work in? Answers to these question might give further insight as to how to move forward.

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
AAlhadka said:
The organization HQ is in Atlanta Georgia but I personally didn't live there!!
You are still not answering the question. What address did you use for this Organization? I would assume that you put the local address in the country you were working in. i.e Mumbai, India and not Atlanta, USA. If you put that you worked/still working for this company but address shows USA, then I wont be surprised the system assuming you have been in the USA

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Singalingali said:
Sorry about your case. When did you submit your application? Did you apply under fswp or cec? Are you already in Canada? What country did you work in? Answers to these question might give further insight as to how to move forward.
Did they (CIC) requested you the PCC USA. Or just they cancelled it with out requesting any.

profK

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Can you answer shakashaka, did you use your company's foreign address? Remember that express entry is purely online application and decision are made by the express entry software program. Various queries are made base on the information provided. So if you said you are working for this company which is in the US For more than 6 months then the system will ask for PCC.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Situations like this underscore the importance of taking your time. People are rushing to get into the pool and in their haste make mistakes in their profiles that sometimes lead to them having to decline their ITAs etc. You only have 60 days to submit a complete application. There's no sense joining the pool and getting an ITA if you cannot make the 60 day deadline. Take your time and get your things in order.