Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gustcan said:
Timelines for your reference:

Date of Submission March 27
Medical Passed April 29
ECAS updated after about 3-4 days with Medical Passed
Letter of Cancellation May 13

Even though my application was cancelled, CIC is processing applications pretty quickly.
Hi Gustcan,
Sorry to hear about that but can I ask you few questions?
So are you currently live in US?
Are you a US citizen or Green card holder?
Cos could it be that either you are an American or a PR there so CIC treats FBI report more seriously ??
But I do have to say CIC did process your application pretty quickly

gc_007

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Hello guys,

I need some clarification on the PCC.

I currently live in Canada on a work permit since 2013 and m from India. I have a PCC from India for my spouse and myself dated December 2014. I have visited India for 3 weeks in February 2015 and my spouse visited for 3 months.

So is my December 2014 PCC for India still valid?
Also, do I need PCC for Canada as well?

Thanks in advance.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
gc_007 said:
Hello guys,

I need some clarification on the PCC.

I currently live in Canada on a work permit since 2013 and m from India. I have a PCC from India for my spouse and myself dated December 2014. I have visited India for 3 weeks in February 2015 and my spouse visited for 3 months.

So is my December 2014 PCC for India still valid?
Also, do I need PCC for Canada as well?

Thanks in advance.
No it is not valid. You need new PCC from India and it is also needed for your spouse.

No need for PCC from Canada. In case CIC needs, you will be requested later i.e., after submission of PR application.

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
f1ahmed said:
I have found this case where the application was re opened after cancellation. dragon17Sky , you were tagged in that thread :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-applicants-who-received-aor-connect-here-t269696.3030.html
ha ha of course, I know mine got re opened, I am just curious to know if someone else's profile was also reopened?

wolf_metallo

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Jul-2015
AOR Received.
26-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
29-Jul-2015
Passport Req..
11-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
May-2016
dragon17Sky said:
ha ha of course, I know mine got re opened, I am just curious to know if someone else's profile was also reopened?
How did you do that? Could you please post the address (email or postal) where you sent your additional documents?

I might get into the same boat wherein I have an older PCC from India (sept 2014) and I am hoping to get a newer one in a few weeks. If I can just submit my application and follow it up with my updated / renewed PCC, my issue should get solved.

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
wolf_metallo said:
How did you do that? Could you please post the address (email or postal) where you sent your additional documents?

I might get into the same boat wherein I have an older PCC from India (sept 2014) and I am hoping to get a newer one in a few weeks. If I can just submit my application and follow it up with my updated / renewed PCC, my issue should get solved.
Just send a case specific inquiry with the additional document with proper explanation of the reason

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dragon17Sky said:
Just send a case specific inquiry with the additional document with proper explanation of the reason
wait really?! I've been freaking out because I submitted my application at the weekend but the glitchy system didn't ask for my passport. I stuck it in my letter of explanation and sent a case specific enquiry with the AOR i received and told them the passport wasn't asked for but here it is... should be fine?!

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
dragon17Sky said:
The name of the forum member is Kumar1984 whose application got re opened after cancellation. it is in the thread. This is really something positive that CIC does listen to complains!!!

Gustcan

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
I did speak to my attorney who by the way is in the one of the top law firms in Canada. He advised that Express Entry is very very unpredictable and the application processing depends on the IO. Its a very new system for them too. Having said that he advised that a case specific enquiry won't hurt though they are not liable to listen to us. IN my case I am positive I will be issued another ITA so I am not really worried apart from the fact I am probably delayed by a couple of months. However its the best to submit the application as per the specifications given on CIC website. Try to upload everything they are asking for. Extra documents such as loading WES Report/IELTS won't hurt. For my case I have opened a case specific enquiry today in addition to my attorney writing a letter to the Minister of Citizenship. However I am not very hopeful these would yield any result. I will update this thread if anything comes out of this.

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
Gustcan said:
I did speak to my attorney who by the way is in the one of the top law firms in Canada. He advised that Express Entry is very very unpredictable and the application processing depends on the IO. Its a very new system for them too. Having said that he advised that a case specific enquiry won't hurt though they are not liable to listen to us. IN my case I am positive I will be issued another ITA so I am not really worried apart from the fact I am probably delayed by a couple of months. However its the best to submit the application as per the specifications given on CIC website. Try to upload everything they are asking for. Extra documents such as loading WES Report/IELTS won't hurt. For my case I have opened a case specific enquiry today in addition to my attorney writing a letter to the Minister of Citizenship. However I am not very hopeful these would yield any result. I will update this thread if anything comes out of this.
Its very frustrating i understand. Last year our application got returned just because we did not provide the certificate along with WES, we only sent WES ECA. When we re sent, the cap was reached, we were late by 7 days. Stay positive, hope you will hear some good news. Cheers.

anvar21

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys I need help please.
My application was cancelled as incomplete on April 24 but I haven't received my application fee refund.
Could you guys help me where to contact or where to write.
Thank you very much.
Any help will be appreciated.

JB1234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
One of the reasons for I declined my ITA was this, I had called CIC and they had told me I need PCC for atleast 2 countries out of the 3 I have lived and they will consider my letter of application but its not guaranteed. They had also mentioned that If the application is rejected, I won't get my fees back and will have to start from scratch again.

Dont worry and create a new profile, I am also in a similar situation waiting for the next draw.

Janeric

May 12, 2015
krishna19 said:
Okay that makes sense... sure you get thats not a big deal for 478 score .. its just matter of 550 CAD
cic will refund your paid fees if they canceled or rejected your application.

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Hi--so let me understand; will they really refund the amoutn $550 CAD for person if they cancel/reject your application.
Can anyone pls confirm this.? "Gustcan"- Can you confirm if your application fee was refunded back?

Janeric said:
cic will refund your paid fees if they canceled or rejected your application.

Skanda

May 14, 2015
FBI clearances take almost 12 weeks these days. Create profile when you are close to receiving it.