+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC asking for spouse work reference letter while no point obtained for that

ishan3108

Jan 21, 2015
i mentioned in work history but just uploaded whatever docs i have of spouse (no ref letter just offer and few sal slip) then mentioned in LOE that it does not add to score.i did like this because how can i say NO to work history of spouse like in case can't they say it is misrepresentation although you are mentioning in personal history
@min1 Please share your status. I am in the same position and about to upload documents for eAPR.
Thanks

bshailesh3

Sep 28, 2013
Hi
In our PR profile, we had given the information that my spouse has work experience outside of canada. I am the main applicant (CEC) and we did not obtain any points from my spouses work experience. But still in our application we are asked to provide reference letters from his employers.

My question is, whether it is important that he gets a letter describing all duties he had matching the corresponding NOC and all those details that are important in case of my work experience for with we are granted points. I mean if not all duties matching the NOC are described in his reference letters, would that be a problem?
The reason is, he already has the letter without that complete description and it's hard to ask the employer to re-write the letter. I am afraid that we will be rejected due to the missing duties etc in the letter, while this work experience even did not give us any points.

Thanks in advance for any advise.
What action you did after CIC asking for reference letter ?

am_gill

Mar 21, 2018
Hi
In our PR profile, we had given the information that my spouse has work experience outside of canada. I am the main applicant (CEC) and we did not obtain any points from my spouses work experience. But still in our application we are asked to provide reference letters from his employers.

My question is, whether it is important that he gets a letter describing all duties he had matching the corresponding NOC and all those details that are important in case of my work experience for with we are granted points. I mean if not all duties matching the NOC are described in his reference letters, would that be a problem?
The reason is, he already has the letter without that complete description and it's hard to ask the employer to re-write the letter. I am afraid that we will be rejected due to the missing duties etc in the letter, while this work experience even did not give us any points.

Thanks in advance for any advise.
Hi,

I am in your same position. Can u please share your experience as to what you did and that did all go well??

sonal1981

Nov 15, 2017
Dear all,

Please help me to sort the issue and low down my anxiety...As we are waiting for PR and we are in IP2 stage and Iam a dependent. As a dependent Iam not claiming any points for my work experience because Its not Canadian inspite I have submitted all my work experience(India) letter in our PR application which is completely genuine but the issue is two days back someone checked my linkedin profile in a private mode and Iam pretty sure it has been done by visa officer. So the point is some inconsistency in my jobs date in linkedin profile and in PR application.

All the information filled by us in PR application is truthful.

So my question is if linkedin profile and PR application information mismatched so it will be case of Misrepresentation?

Thanks in Advance!

Effectz

May 13, 2019
It's asking for a letter because you entered it in ee. You can delete it after ITA and just explain in an LOE why you removed it.
Your response is helpful. But please let me ask: do you know anyone who did what you advised and the person was given PR?

ersabine

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
I am a primary CEC applicant. I listed my spouse job history and uploaded the reference letter. However, he doesn't meet the English criteria for that job. We are not getting any points from his job. Is this ok, please let me know your responses.