+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC asking for divorce documents when already submitted. Please help.

Tammy91

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
My spouse divorced his ex-wife in Japan in early 2016 and we got recently married. We sent all the supporting documents to CIC including my spouse's Divorce Decree.
Today I have received a request letter stating 'Please provide our office with a divorce certificate, application for divorce, and divorce order. This must be received at this office with in 7 days of this correspondence'.

- Why are they asking for the documents again when we have already submitted the Divorce Decree ( original as well as the translated copy)?
- Do we have to submit all three documents (divorce certificate, application and order)? As we just have divorce decree from Japan with us.
Please guide.

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Please do as per CIC's request. They must have misplaced the docs you had sent earlier. The deadline is 7 days so if I was smarter I would start collecting the docs and mailing it to them pronto.

Tammy91

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Please do as per CIC's request. They must have misplaced the docs you had sent earlier. The deadline is 7 days so if I was smarter I would start collecting the docs and mailing it to them pronto.
But all we have is the Divorce Decree. It is difficult to arrange everything in a week's time.
Shall we resend the Divorce Decree?