+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC asked me again for medical exams

Nov 30, 2017
Hi everyone,

I’m writing this hoping anyone could give me feedback or share any experience if you’ve been through this. I can’t find any stories of anything like this in this fórum.

I’m an FSW-O applicant. I submitted my application on Feb 4th. Other than a PCC I had to submit later because I didn’t receive before the 90-day post-ITA deadline, I submitted all necessary documents, including my medical exam. A few days later, I got the medical exam passed update.

On 8/3 I apparently moved to IP2 (background check is being processed status); all along, my medical exam was reported as passed. However, this morning I got an email and an update on my profile. I got a letter asking me for a medical exam, and saying I had 30 days to submit a medical exam or else I would risk refusal. My medicals status changed to “we have a requested a medical exam” today.

I know sometimes they may ask for new medicals when it’s been almost a year and your old medicals are about to expire, but in this case, I took the exams in December 2017, so they still hold about five months of validty. Why would they be asking for them now?

I called CIC today, and they said it might have been a mistake – the system generated this automatically. But he recommended I submit an enquiry just to make sure and get the officer’s response. Has anyone experienced this? A request for medicals soon after IP2?

I’m waiting for a response from CIC but to be honest it’s making me a little nervous.

five_golden

Jul 29, 2018
Sorry, I myself haven't experienced that situation. Hope someone else could give you some hints. However, would you mind letting me know how you called CIC? Could you please share me their contact number? Really appreciate it.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi everyone,

I’m writing this hoping anyone could give me feedback or share any experience if you’ve been through this. I can’t find any stories of anything like this in this fórum.

I’m an FSW-O applicant. I submitted my application on Feb 4th. Other than a PCC I had to submit later because I didn’t receive before the 90-day post-ITA deadline, I submitted all necessary documents, including my medical exam. A few days later, I got the medical exam passed update.

On 8/3 I apparently moved to IP2 (background check is being processed status); all along, my medical exam was reported as passed. However, this morning I got an email and an update on my profile. I got a letter asking me for a medical exam, and saying I had 30 days to submit a medical exam or else I would risk refusal. My medicals status changed to “we have a requested a medical exam” today.

I know sometimes they may ask for new medicals when it’s been almost a year and your old medicals are about to expire, but in this case, I took the exams in December 2017, so they still hold about five months of validty. Why would they be asking for them now?

I called CIC today, and they said it might have been a mistake – the system generated this automatically. But he recommended I submit an enquiry just to make sure and get the officer’s response. Has anyone experienced this? A request for medicals soon after IP2?

I’m waiting for a response from CIC but to be honest it’s making me a little nervous.
They restudied our medicals 3 months before they were set to expire

Sbrafa

Aug 8, 2018
Hi everyone,

Hi. I’m almost in the same situation. I’m being sponsored outland and I had done my medical exams in December 2017, but different of you I didn’t receive any actualization about my exams. In my status I had “we are waiting for the medical exams”. I called immigration in Canada and they said that my exams were received in their system and it were all with my office in Brazil, and that I should contact them. I filled a form with the comprovation that my exams were sent attached. I didn’t received any answer about this, but today they updated my status requesting Medical Exams. I really didn’t understand. Our process complete one year in less than one month (27/08/2018).

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
I hope they extend medicals, it costs $600 here in Australia. The only reason I'd have to get another one is because CIC took so long processing my application

kellysouthafrica

Oct 18, 2019
I hope they extend medicals, it costs $600 here in Australia. The only reason I'd have to get another one is because CIC took so long processing my application
Hi there, we in the same position here, medicals about to expire - processing taking too long.

What ended up happening with your situation?

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
It was pretty quick I think, I checked my account and it said medicals passed and the date, it was only a couple of weeks later I got PR. Cant remember the exact timeline, but it was quick

kellysouthafrica

Oct 18, 2019
G
It was pretty quick I think, I checked my account and it said medicals passed and the date, it was only a couple of weeks later I got PR. Cant remember the exact timeline, but it was quick
great thanks for the quick response.
We have South African passports so we still will have to hand in passports to get the visa, did you have to do the same?
Hope it will be a quick turnaround time for us too :)

kellysouthafrica

Oct 18, 2019
I didn't have to send my passport no, just a scan. Are you sure you need a visa?
Yeah we need a visa as we are from an African country, so will need to hand them in which apparently takes -/+ 2 weeks.

Thanks for your feedback, hopefully works out for us too! Good luck in Van