+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cic and cra to share information

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Hello
I've asked this here before but I'm still a bit confused and can't find any other posts regarding this topic. On the new citizenship application forms there is a section regarding how cra and cic will start to share information. I'm woundering if anyone knows what type of information they will share. We file as common law but sent off the application as married. Is it this type of information they are going to share or more serious cases including fraud?
Thank you

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
That could definitely be considered fraud. You might want to contact the IRCC call centre and "correct a mistake I think I made" before its too late. You don't want them suddenly questioning everything, and accuse you of lying on your application. It's not worth it.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
kelsey199200 said:
Hello
I've asked this here before but I'm still a bit confused and can't find any other posts regarding this topic. On the new citizenship application forms there is a section regarding how cra and cic will start to share information. I'm woundering if anyone knows what type of information they will share. We file as common law but sent off the application as married. Is it this type of information they are going to share or more serious cases including fraud?
Thank you
Are you married or common law? Which one is it? Not that there is much practical difference....