+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC agent over phone says I have cleared everything. But no PPR yet.

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Just called up CIC a week ago. They said my background check has been cleared. My ADR has been reviewed and accepted and my security clearance has been done . I'm a CEC inland applicant. AOR March 18 th and MEP 29th March according to my online profile the status is We are processing your background check. As of Now the file is at CPC Ottawa. I think that's where processing is done for CEC inland applicants right?Any idea how long would it take for PPR mails to get generated.
Would be great if someone could share there insights on this . If they had a similar experience. Thanks.

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Just called up CIC a week ago. They said my background check has been cleared. My ADR has been reviewed and accepted and my security clearance has been done . I'm a CEC inland applicant. AOR March 18 th and MEP 29th March according to my online profile the status is We are processing your background check. As of Now the file is at CPC Ottawa. I think that's where processing is done for CEC inland applicants right?Any idea how long would it take for PPR mails to get generated.
Would be great if someone could share there insights on this . If they had a similar experience. Thanks.
Any updates?
Did the call centre also tell you that your eligibility is passed? Didn't see that in your post.
If so, call them again and double check if they have already sent out PPR. In rare occasions, PPR emails do not reach to applicants...

Reactions: HADDY

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Any updates?
Did the call centre also tell you that your eligibility is passed? Didn't see that in your post.
If so, call them again and double check if they have already sent out PPR. In rare occasions, PPR emails do not reach to applicants...
Yes I did call them today. Any the agent who picked up just wasn't interested to reveal anything. She just kept reading out the exact same status that we see in our online account. And when I said thank you and was about to cut the call. She mentions me that the max processing time is six months and I shouldn't be calling them for updates. I called them cos on April 5th I received a ghost update and I haven't heard anything after that.. But the agent whom I spoke to last week had told me then background check was complete Nd criminality and security was completed and ADR was also reveiwed and check was completed and she said everything is done all documents were accepted. So really confused on what's actually going .

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Yes I did call them today. Any the agent who picked up just wasn't interested to reveal anything. She just kept reading out the exact same status that we see in our online account. And when I said thank you and was about to cut the call. She mentions me that the max processing time is six months and I shouldn't be calling them for updates. I called them cos on April 5th I received a ghost update and I haven't heard anything after that.. But the agent whom I spoke to last week had told me then background check was complete Nd criminality and security was completed and ADR was also reveiwed and check was completed and she said everything is done all documents were accepted. So really confused on what's actually going .
Ok I suggest you do 2 things:
1. call them again tomorrow, some agents are more helpful than others.
2. order GCMS notes to make sure all is in order.

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Ok I suggest you do 2 things:
1. call them again tomorrow, some agents are more helpful than others.
2. order GCMS notes to make sure all is in order.
Sure I will do that. But the agent who I spoke last week told me that the file is still at the case processing center . So that mean no PPR has been sent right. In general how long would it take for GCMS notes to reach us.

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Sure I will do that. But the agent who I spoke last week told me that the file is still at the case processing center . So that mean no PPR has been sent right. In general how long would it take for GCMS notes to reach us.
I assume you are CEC since you are in this forum. If so, your PPR is likely sent from Ottawa.
GCMS takes 30 calendar days.

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
I assume you are CEC since you are in this forum. If so, your PPR is likely sent from Ottawa.
GCMS takes 30 calendar days.
Yeah CEC March 18 AOR . It's been exactly a month since I passed medicals . Thanks I will try contacting them again tomorrow .

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Yeah CEC March 18 AOR . It's been exactly a month since I passed medicals . Thanks I will try contacting them again tomorrow .
K. Also, just wanted you to know, normally I advise against people calling IRCC for status update. But in your case, I am just worried about missed PPR... so when you call them, ask them directly that you want to double check whether a PPR is issued because you are worried you might have missed it in your inbox.
Cheers.

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
K. Also, just wanted you to know, normally I advise against people calling IRCC for status update. But in your case, I am just worried about missed PPR... so when you call them, ask them directly that you want to double check whether a PPR is issued because you are worried you might have missed it in your inbox.
Cheers.
Sure will do. I was worried about that ghost update and thing and I wanted to recheck the email address . Bcos in my account I got to know last week that my lawyers who handled my work pwempe there email address was also there . So I wanted to get that deleted. Today I called to specifically check if that email address was deleted.my EE profile I handle I haven't gone through lawyers. But that agent just did not want to answer. Tomm I will ask them if PPR was sent or not. And I think I will end d cobevrsaconv there .

prakashreddy

Apr 27, 2018
@Akhs : Did you get PPR? Reason i am asking is i have seen as ghost Update on 8th May and when i call the agent, he said that my criminality is in progress and security not started yet. My AOR-29th March,CEC-Inland.

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
I just landed through landing interview last Wednesday. I never got any updates except my medical pass until after I landed. My PPR was skipped and CoPR I didn’t get it by mail. The officer printed it off when I went for the interview. Not sure how yours gonna look like but just letting you know there’s a case like mine... but I hope you get your PPR soon. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: HADDY

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
I just landed through landing interview last Wednesday. I never got any updates except my medical pass until after I landed. My PPR was skipped and CoPR I didn’t get it by mail. The officer printed it off when I went for the interview. Not sure how yours gonna look like but just letting you know there’s a case like mine... but I hope you get your PPR soon. Fingers crossed!
Thanks for sharing. So did u just get the landing interview email? It so weird that the PPR and Copr were both skipped. Could you pls share ur time lines. This is so crazy... I'm worried.

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
Cheers.
I really don't like calling cic also. But of late so many weird occurrences. I missed the email in my inbox and av been calling to resend. Lol. Cic agent says it takes some days....not sure how long. Maybe I'm just gonna receive a landing interview request.... who knows. Fingers crossed.AOR is March 19th. MEP April 4th.
Any suggestions???

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Thanks for sharing. So did u just get the landing interview email? It so weird that the PPR and Copr were both skipped. Could you pls share ur time lines. This is so crazy... I'm worried.
AOR Nov 3
Medical passed Nov 7
Request letter Nov 23-requesting renewed passport (mine was expiring in 6months)
Copied passport sent Dec 6
Called CIC agent on Jan 23 found out they did not get my email with scanned pp
Jan 23 submitted Web Form with scanned pp
Apr 20 landing interview email received

I am from a visa exempt country and as you can see I sent in a scanned passport not too long ago. This is prob the reason why I didn’t get PPR.
Good luck!!

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Yes I just got an email asking me to come in for the interview. BGC, eligibility, everything except medical was “we are reviewing....” until I finished my landing interview then it changed to approved.