+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC account update after receiving an ITA

nancygator

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Hi guy,

I got a question. I just received an ITA in the 65th draw on June 1st, together with an email regarding that.

Then on June 2nd, I got another new email saying my application has been updated. But when I logged in my CIC account, no update or new news....

Does anyone ever meet similar situations? Please help.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

madrazi

Apr 27, 2017
I think the system lags behind when it comes to sending out an email notification. I got the message in my profile three hours before I got the email notification saying that there is a new message.

nancygator

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
I think the system lags behind when it comes to sending out an email notification. I got the message in my profile three hours before I got the email notification saying that there is a new message.
Tks, Madrazi. But the thing is I've already got one email saying I've received an ITA. Now it's just another new email stating my application has been updated while I did nothing in my account. And I cannot find any update while I logged in the account.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi guy,

I got a question. I just received an ITA in the 65th draw on June 1st, together with an email regarding that.

Then on June 2nd, I got another new email saying my application has been updated. But when I logged in my CIC account, no update or new news....

Does anyone ever meet similar situations? Please help.

Many thanks.
Its a ghost email. If you check your EE profile now, you will see that it says "You have received an Invitation to Apply". This was the update.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I got an email that my account was updated a day before I received NOI from Ontario.

I was scratching my head all day. The mystery was solved when I received the NOI more than 24 hours later.

Reactions: mariee81

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I got an email that my account was updated a day before I received NOI from Ontario.

I was scratching my head all day. The mystery was solved when I received the NOI more than 24 hours later.
Its strange! Sometimes you get the notification email 24 hours after the update and sometime before the update. CIC works in its own strange way. :D

Reactions: Wandering Mind