+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIBC GIC Program

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Thanks for the info...They responded and told that My Payment is inprogess and the status also changed to inprogess from Expired....and they told within 2 days you will get Certificate...But it's been 3 days but I didn't get the GIC certificate...
Keep emailing/calling them

Nikhil3767

Dec 14, 2020
GIC CIBC refund... my GIC in CIBC got rejected due to account mismatch...does anyone has an idea of duration for the refund back to our account.

May 13, 2021
I am also facing the same problem...I have initiated my GIC payment in CIBC on May 6th 2021 and paid the GIC amount by May 7th but still I didn't get any update regarding my payment. Also I have checked the CIBC portal. The status is "expired" but I made the payment on May 7th before the deadline. I have mailed them and also called them. Can anyone please help me to get it resolved. They just ask me to wait .. Its been more than 10 days no response from the team. Any suggestions please?

lshar15

Jun 10, 2018
I am also facing the same problem...I have initiated my GIC payment in CIBC on May 6th 2021 and paid the GIC amount by May 7th but still I didn't get any update regarding my payment. Also I have checked the CIBC portal. The status is "expired" but I made the payment on May 7th before the deadline. I have mailed them and also called them. Can anyone please help me to get it resolved. They just ask me to wait .. Its been more than 10 days no response from the team. Any suggestions please?
Did you pay in INR… Did you pay via RTGS?
If you did all the above stuff. Then send A2 form to standard chartered. Also send RTGS slip to CIBC email ID. Your expired status will be changed to In progress after receiving email from CIBC and in next two days you will get your GIC certificate. Don’t worry it all happened with me. I had made the payment on 5th May 21 and got my GIC yesterday only

May 13, 2021
Did you pay in INR… Did you pay via RTGS?
If you did all the above stuff. Then send A2 form to standard chartered. Also send RTGS slip to CIBC email ID. Your expired status will be changed to In progress after receiving email from CIBC and in next two days you will get your GIC certificate. Don’t worry it all happened with me. I had made the payment on 5th May 21 and got my GIC yesterday only
Hi Ishar. Thanks for your response. Yes i did payment in INR. Via RTGS. should i send the A2 form to standard chartered bank? or will CIBC take care on this? Can you please elaborate on this? I have mailed my RTGS slip to CIBC mail ID on the date of transfer itself. I am so worried in this regard. Because may 15th is last day to apply for canada study permit to get visa decision before August 6th.

Last edited:

lshar15

Jun 10, 2018
Hi Ishar. Thanks for your response. Yes i did payment in INR. Via RTGS. should i send the A2 form to standard chartered bank? or will CIBC take care on this? Can you please elaborate on this? I have mailed my RTGS slip to CIBC mail ID on the date of transfer itself. I am so worried in this regard. Because may 15th is last day to apply for canada study permit to get visa decision before August 6th.
Without biometric your file will be on hold. So 15 May is just a guideline not deadline. You can apply afterwards also. You can call at CIBC customer care or email them to get the status. You must be receiving payment confirmation email from CIBC by now. I believe You will get your GIC Certificate by next Wednesday if u receive any email tonight.

May 13, 2021
Thanks for your response. My biometrics & medical test is completed. Only GIC certificate is pending which is holding my submission.

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
You have to send back filled and signed A2 form to 2 email IDs mentioned in the payment instructions, on the same day you initiate the transfer from your account. If you did this, everything will happen smoothly on time.

May 13, 2021
Without biometric your file will be on hold. So 15 May is just a guideline not deadline. You can apply afterwards also. You can call at CIBC customer care or email them to get the status. You must be receiving payment confirmation email from CIBC by now. I believe You will get your GIC Certificate by next Wednesday if u receive any email tonight.
Thanks for the guidance . I received the GIC certificate this morning.

FAIZ790533

Aug 29, 2021
Hello, I am facing the same issue. I have Initiated payment on 20 aug and RTGS the amount on 24th before deadline which was on 26th, I haven’t received any confirmation from CIBC regarding my payment yet. Also today on 31st morning I recited an email saying my status has been expired. What should I do can anyone help?