night1234

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Looking for answer to same question.
Has anybody tried CIBC?
Seems to be most convenient of the lot for some one paying in INR through NEFT/RTGS.

Jan 10, 2019
I saw they have a GIC program. Has anyone tried it? www.cibc.com/isbo
Yess..i do
1.I found it very quick,
2. need to pay less as compared to scotia bank i.e. if u pay in CAD 150 extra
3. Ull get extra 25$ if u enter sukhwindersingh8172@gmail.com in refferal box.
Process..
1. Go to isbo.cibc.com
2. Select ur country.
3. Select payment currency, ill recommend INR for indians. Because u not need to pay extra 150$.
4. Then enter ur details in next page and upload ur offer letter "here u need to select referell program and enter my email sukhwindersingh8172@gmail.com and u will ger $25 extra with $2000 upon account activation in canada".
5. Within 2 days ull get details in which u will pay gic.
6. Details will be of 4 pages, each and every step will be mentioned there.(as i selected INR, thats why on details there was mentioned amount, beneficiary account standard charter bank Mumbai in my case)
7. Bring detais pages to bank and pay it by neft to mentioned account.
8. There will be A2 form with details which u need to fill up with banl stamp and mail it to mentioned email address.
9. Within 2 or 3 days u will get email of ur GIC conformation.

shubhamnishad97

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Yess..i do
1.I found it very quick,
Process..
1. Go to isbo.cibc.com
2. Select ur country.
3. Select payment currency, ill recommend INR for indians. Because u not need to pay extra 150$.
4. Then enter ur details in next page and upload ur offer letter "here u need to select referell program and enter my email sukhwindersingh8172@gmail.com and u will ger $25 extra with $2000 upon account activation in canada".
6. Details will be of 4 pages, each and every step will be mentioned there.(as i selected INR, thats why on details there was mentioned amount, beneficiary account standard charter bank Mumbai in my case)
8. There will be A2 form with details which u need to fill up with banl stamp and mail it to mentioned email address.
I have used your mail id for referral.
Can you please specify what the local bank needs to do on the A2 form.

Jan 10, 2019
I have used your mail id for referral.
Can you please specify what the local bank needs to do on the A2 form.
Thanxx shubhamnishad97 for using my email as referrel...
Coming to ur questions..
your payment instructions document contains 4 pages 1 is information , 2nd is step 1 which includes all the necessary information about account to which you need to neft and then comes step 2 or A2 form which you need to filled and stamped by your bank(by which you have paid).
Q. Bank may say that they will not stamp A2 form because they haven't sent money out of country.

But!! say to bank employer that cibc holds a vostro account in standard charter bank, mumbai (to which u will pay by neft). So according to rbi rules to pay in any vostro account u need A2 form.
Hopefully they'll do it!!
My bank also regretting to stamp A2 form initially but then they convinced.

May 2, 2019
Hey, i paid my GIC in CIBC on 20 April and got a conformation on 23 April stating that my funds has as been received and alongside got a few letters in the portal namely Investment advice letter and welcome letter. When I can expect my GIC letter? Its been 9 days since the confirmation.

shubhamnishad97

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hey, i paid my GIC in CIBC on 20 April and got a conformation on 23 April stating that my funds has as been received and alongside got a few letters in the portal namely Investment advice letter and welcome letter. When I can expect my GIC letter? Its been 9 days since the confirmation.
Investment advice letter is your gic itself. Use that for visa

ndubey04

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Yess..i do
1.I found it very quick,
Process..
1. Go to isbo.cibc.com
2. Select ur country.

Thanks for the detailed info. Can you also confirm if I fill the A2 by myself and send the scanned copy to the email. Would that be Okay?

Shubham Peri

Jun 10, 2019
My name on passport: Shubham Peri
My name on bank records: Peri Shubham

Name on GIC would be Shubham Peri(as per passport)

Will there be any issue if i transfer fund from my account ? Nova scotia would reject my GIC stating name mismatch. Will cibc do the same ?

shubhamnishad97

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
My name on passport: Shubham Peri
My name on bank records: Peri Shubham

Name on GIC would be Shubham Peri(as per passport)

Will there be any issue if i transfer fund from my account ? Nova scotia would reject my GIC stating name mismatch. Will cibc do the same ?
You should mail CIBC Bank regarding the problem. They are quick to answer.
This is their mail id: mailbox.ISBO@cibc.com