+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIBC GIC ISSUE - 2 Different payment instruction.

Shkrabbani

May 8, 2021
Hi guys, I initiated my GIC process from CIBC bank on 5th May and after one day I got payment instruction from them and I transferred the amount accordingly. On 7 May I again logged into my account to check the progress and now when I download the payment instruction I can see different payment instruction and different account number in which I have to transfer my funds. I am worried if my funds are safe or not. The helpline number is very busy I have been trying to reach them through mail and calls entire day.
Can someone guide me please and the account shows 11th is the last date to make payments which I have already done.

Shkrabbani

May 8, 2021
Bro I have already transferred my fund to as per the previous instruction mentioned in the pdf now when I login again I can see a different payment instruction pdf. Now they are telling me to transfer to a different account number.

Shkrabbani

May 8, 2021
Bro I have both the authentic CIBC payment instruction pdf with me with my correct GIC number mentioned in both the pdf

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
It is not possible for anyone other than their customer service executives to provide a valid help. Don't worry they must not be replying to mail since it is weekend. They are very flexible on these matters so you won't have to worry much. Personally I have faced some issues too and they guided me right through it and I got my gic within five days after transfer. Give it a day or two they will reply back.

Shkrabbani

May 8, 2021
It is not possible for anyone other than their customer service executives to provide a valid help. Don't worry they must not be replying to mail since it is weekend. They are very flexible on these matters so you won't have to worry much. Personally I have faced some issues too and they guided me right through it and I got my gic within five days after transfer. Give it a day or two they will reply back.
Thanks man this really helps.

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
If you sent a wire, you should generally have a SWIFT code and an account number. Essentially, when sending wires the first part of the process is sending the wire to CIBC, with the funds leaving your bank and leaving there. This happens as long as the SWIFT code is valid for CIBC.

The second part is getting it to the right account. This is something CIBC's wire departments handle, and in Canada is generally a bit of a manual process. They verify the recipient, make sure there aren't obvious red flags, then credit it to the appropriate account. If the wrong account number is there, or the wrong info, it's generally rejected which results in the money going back to the sending bank, or the right account at CIBC if they are in a good mood and it doesn't violate policy to do so.

Start by checking the SWIFT code. See if it's correct for CIBC. If it's not, call your bank and try to get it recalled. It's in the wrong place.

If the SWIFT code is correct, then you will need to deal with CIBC to try to get it sent to the correct account. You may not be able to do so, but when I've had that happen the end result was that the money ended up returned to me, and I had to resend the funds.