+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIBC GIC is better

jiosi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Sreesaig, thanks for doing indepth calculation, it's always better to clear all doubts as we want to get maximum out of our hard earn money.

I also did the same calculations while transferring my money. As you know, the exchange rate fluctuates every day, so if you can wait for a couple of days then try to do the transfer when the exchange rate is good.

Thank you once again for your response. Yeah I will Certainly do that once just to see what it will be. However I got enough confidence after your reply to go ahead with CIBC. Thank you for your response :) :)

Tommy19991

Aug 26, 2020
Hi,
can I transfer funds from my joint account with parents for gic even though my parents will not be my sponsor on the visa application?

sreesaig

Nov 6, 2020
Hi,
can I transfer funds from my joint account with parents for gic even though my parents will not be my sponsor on the visa application?
Make sure your name is present and it is same as in the passport in your bank account passbook or statement. Otherwise, there is high chances of rejection.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
if we make online payment(RTGS) from net banking for GIC. Do I need submit A2 form in bank or directly I can sign and email the same to CIBC?

Neelam_Thuls

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Hello all,

For paying GIC in CIBC, mail from CIBC stated one line as "A2 form will be shared directly with bank for students making payments in INR. "
What does it mean? Do I need to simply sign the A2 form and upload or A2 form not needed?

Moreover, In mail or payment instruction, they didn't mention about the A2 form. I am really confused. :(

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Hello all,

For paying GIC in CIBC, mail from CIBC stated one line as "A2 form will be shared directly with bank for students making payments in INR. "
What does it mean? Do I need to simply sign the A2 form and upload or A2 form not needed?

Moreover, In mail or payment instruction, they didn't mention about the A2 form. I am really confused. :(
Just write the ref code of your rtgs payment and sign that. Then send the document to their email stating that bank didn’t stamp A2 form(which they won’t).

Mar 2, 2021
Can any please help me with cbic a2 form do I need to include form number and ad number which should be mention by my home bank
Or do I need to write rtgs utr number and sign and send it to the mail ? And in portal I say upload document may I know what document need to be uploaded there?
Please help me

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Can any please help me with cbic a2 form do I need to include form number and ad number which should be mention by my home bank
Or do I need to write rtgs utr number and sign and send it to the mail ? And in portal I say upload document may I know what document need to be uploaded there?
Please help me
Upload the rtgs receipt or any document you receive from the bank that clearly states you have paid the money. Also upload the A2 form with only your signature and rtgs ref no. Make sure to mail CIBC to let them know about your status

Luke Pais

Apr 26, 2021
Hi all,

Please note that today i made my GIC payment to the CIBC through RTGS. However, please note that instead of submitting the A2 form i filled my local banks RTGS form. Please note that all the details are mentioned in the RTGS form. However, my question is will it be an issue if i didnt submit the A2 form n instead i submitted the my local banks RTGS form. Also note that the amount has been debited.