+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ciao everyone! Help a newbie out with the ECA (ICES) procedures please?

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Hello, Thank you greenboymx. I am seeing some confusing posts on the forum, does the university also need to forward a copy of our passport? I also found this pdf link which apparently the university is supposed to fill and send along with the documents?.
https://www.bcit.ca/files/ices/pdf/request_for_academic_records_authorization.pdf

It's probably just misinformation in the forums, but just wanted to be sure
As far as I can recall my university didn’t have to send a copy of my passport nor any sort of filled out form. They literally just sent the scans + translations.

Maybe I did send a scan of my passport when I applied online, but I’m not 100% sure about this (It was something done by me and not by my university anyhow). They’ll ask you for it when you are applying if that’s the case.

I’m not sure where did you find this form, but I’m guessing it’s used for applications sent by courier.

Note that there are three ways of applying (for applications regarding immigration, since there are general applications as well) and each way requires different things. I chose the first one “Online application” and it’s quite easy. Instructions are on this page:

https://www.bcit.ca/ices/eca/application.shtml

Reactions: inavars91

inavars91

Nov 4, 2018
As far as I can recall my university didn’t have to send a copy of my passport nor any sort of filled out form. They literally just sent the scans + translations.

Maybe I did send a scan of my passport when I applied online, but I’m not 100% sure about this (It was something done by me and not by my university anyhow). They’ll ask you for it when you are applying if that’s the case.

I’m not sure where did you find this form, but I’m guessing it’s used for applications sent by courier.

Note that there are three ways of applying (for applications regarding immigration, since there are general applications as well) and each way requires different things. I chose the first one “Online application” and it’s quite easy. Instructions are on this page:

https://www.bcit.ca/ices/eca/application.shtml
Thank you greenboy! for responding with all the patience! I have hit an other bump though, I am at the consent page and I am confused if I should sign the consent to be released to any particular organisation? like the immigration authority? I am reading that some people have signed a release to the province they are hoping to apply to

maxhoney2001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
The transcript needs to be sent from an official university email domain preferably registrars office, not from a personal email. No need to send intermediate or high school certificates.
Hi Navinball, Just to rephrase if my understanding is correct. University just need to send email Documents and need not to send documents physically after doing so ? Also, please help in letting know if we need to send Bachelors Documents also while assessing Masters documents. Thanks

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
@navinball
Hi. Please guide me here a little.
Do I need any sort of signature from the educational institution on the ICES application form?
My concern here is that my college is at a distance of 6 hrs away from my university. I want to know if there is anything we need to get done from the college. For the transcripts, I will be going to the the university.

Anyone who went through ICES process please help here.

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Hi Navinball, Just to rephrase if my understanding is correct. University just need to send email Documents and need not to send documents physically after doing so ? Also, please help in letting know if we need to send Bachelors Documents also while assessing Masters documents. Thanks
Could you get through the procedure bfir ICES? Can you help me out with the above question?

akhil1040

Apr 8, 2020
I chose ICES for my ECA as well. And I'm pretty happy about their service, it was way faster than the estimate that appears on their website (I believe it was less than a month since the day my university sent them the documents to the day I received my ECA at my house. The real struggle is to coordinate your own university to send the documents, most likely your university should be familiar with the process though. All institutions mentioned on the list are equally valid, by the way, although I went with ICES because they offer the option of emailing the documents instead of sending them via courier (it's really all about easing things for your university).
Hi, Can you please the process of applying through email. What are the steps as I have reached the payment page then what is the next thing to do?
Please help.

akhil1040

Apr 8, 2020
I used ices. Just fill their pdf application and email it along with your degree and transcript copy. At the same time ask your university to email a transcript directly to them. That's it. They will send your eca through post in 6 weeks or so.
Do I need to email them separately? And which courier facility should I choose normal or with75CAD?

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Hi, Can you please the process of applying through email. What are the steps as I have reached the payment page then what is the next thing to do?
Please help.
Sorry, it's been like 2 years since I did this and I don't recall many details about this particular process. :(