+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ciao everyone! Help a newbie out with the ECA (ICES) procedures please?

inavars91

Nov 4, 2018
Hello there, so I am very lost with the ECA procedure through the ICES. After a lot of stalking through the forums, I have come to the conclusion that ICES is the best deal so far (do correct me if I am wrong), since none of the other assessment agencies like WES are sticking to their ETAs. Now as I understand my university can email the documents directly to ICES. Has anyone done this? My college dosen't have etranscripts, so I will have to get them to send it manually. Will be very very grateful for any help from experienced seniors!!

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I used ices. Just fill their pdf application and email it along with your degree and transcript copy. At the same time ask your university to email a transcript directly to them. That's it. They will send your eca through post in 6 weeks or so.

Reactions: inavars91

inavars91

Nov 4, 2018
I used ices. Just fill their pdf application and email it along with your degree and transcript copy. At the same time ask your university to email a transcript directly to them. That's it. They will send your eca through post in 6 weeks or so.
Hi Navinball, thank you for your response! So my university has to just send them the scanned copies of the transcripts? Does it need a signature or anything of the sorts? Is it allright if the principal sends it? Also did you send any copies of your highschool and intermediate transcripts as well? thank you in advance :)

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
The transcript needs to be sent from an official university email domain preferably registrars office, not from a personal email. No need to send intermediate or high school certificates.

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
I chose ICES for my ECA as well. And I'm pretty happy about their service, it was way faster than the estimate that appears on their website (I believe it was less than a month since the day my university sent them the documents to the day I received my ECA at my house. The real struggle is to coordinate your own university to send the documents, most likely your university should be familiar with the process though. All institutions mentioned on the list are equally valid, by the way, although I went with ICES because they offer the option of emailing the documents instead of sending them via courier (it's really all about easing things for your university).

Jadetee

Jul 12, 2018
Mine is not so good. It will be a month on the 9th of November since my report was sent through post and I have not received it. Have sent mails to this effect and was told I cannot get the tracking number as I didn't pay for courier services, hence I should wait for when the postal service delivers it. Its getting really frustrating as I don't know what step to take next. I have also gone severally to the post office to fins out if the report arrived and they have not contacted me. No positive response. However I must commend their timely response to enquiries and all that. Apart from this delay in delivery of ECA, I will strongly recommend ICES.

inavars91

Nov 4, 2018
I chose ICES for my ECA as well. And I'm pretty happy about their service, it was way faster than the estimate that appears on their website (I believe it was less than a month since the day my university sent them the documents to the day I received my ECA at my house. The real struggle is to coordinate your own university to send the documents, most likely your university should be familiar with the process though. All institutions mentioned on the list are equally valid, by the way, although I went with ICES because they offer the option of emailing the documents instead of sending them via courier (it's really all about easing things for your university).
The timeline is making me optimistic! I am quite certain my university will be very uncooperative, hopefully my dad will charm then into do it. So I would basically just have to ask the registrar's office to email them the scans of my transcripts? or am I missing something?

inavars91

Nov 4, 2018
Mine is not so good. It will be a month on the 9th of November since my report was sent through post and I have not received it. Have sent mails to this effect and was told I cannot get the tracking number as I didn't pay for courier services, hence I should wait for when the postal service delivers it. Its getting really frustrating as I don't know what step to take next. I have also gone severally to the post office to fins out if the report arrived and they have not contacted me. No positive response. However I must commend their timely response to enquiries and all that. Apart from this delay in delivery of ECA, I will strongly recommend ICES.
Hi Jadetee, sorry to hear about your hold-ups, I am just starting to realize that this visa process isn't going to be a cake walk. How are you able to contact them? I cant seem to get through to them by telephone. By the way, if you have not considered this, maybe you can resend the documents through email and ask them to consider those?

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
The timeline is making me optimistic! I am quite certain my university will be very uncooperative, hopefully, my dad will charm then into do it. So I would basically just have to ask the registrar's office to email them the scans of my transcripts? or am I missing something?
Well, in my case, since my documents are originally in Spanish, my university issued an original copy (sealed and signed) translated into English and sent it to ICES. My other university (because I have two diplomas) was way less cooperative and asked me to provide them the translation of the documents which they sent along with the scans of the scans. But technically if everything is already in English, it should be as simple as scanning the original Diploma + Certificate of studies and having them emailed from an official email address from your university to ICES.

As I said, your university should be familiar with this process, since a lot of people require this kind of services. Sometimes you just have to find the right person, the one who is usually in charge of these cases. Don’t forget to provide them the link with the requirements of ICES, just to make everything super clear.

Jadetee

Jul 12, 2018
The timeline is making me optimistic! I am quite certain my university will be very uncooperative, hopefully my dad will charm then into do it. So I would basically just have to ask the registrar's office to email them the scans of my transcripts? or am I missing something?
I sent mine from exams and records department.

Jadetee

Jul 12, 2018
Hi Jadetee, sorry to hear about your hold-ups, I am just starting to realize that this visa process isn't going to be a cake walk. How are you able to contact them? I cant seem to get through to them by telephone. By the way, if you have not considered this, maybe you can resend the documents through email and ask them to consider those?
I always contact thru emails and get a response in 8-10 hours which despite the six hour time difference. Just for clarity, my ECA report is ready and has been posted since 9th of October, guest its postal issues that has been the delay

inavars91

Nov 4, 2018
Well, in my case, since my documents are originally in Spanish, my university issued an original copy (sealed and signed) translated into English and sent it to ICES. My other university (because I have two diplomas) was way less cooperative and asked me to provide them the translation of the documents which they sent along with the scans of the scans. But technically if everything is already in English, it should be as simple as scanning the original Diploma + Certificate of studies and having them emailed from an official email address from your university to ICES.

As I said, your university should be familiar with this process, since a lot of people require this kind of services. Sometimes you just have to find the right person, the one who is usually in charge of these cases. Don’t forget to provide them the link with the requirements of ICES, just to make everything super clear.

Hello, Thank you greenboymx. I am seeing some confusing posts on the forum, does the university also need to forward a copy of our passport? I also found this pdf link which apparently the university is supposed to fill and send along with the documents?.
https://www.bcit.ca/files/ices/pdf/request_for_academic_records_authorization.pdf

Its probably just misinformation in the forums, but just wanted to be sure

inavars91

Nov 4, 2018
I always contact thru emails and get a response in 8-10 hours which despite the six hour time difference. Just for clarity, my ECA report is ready and has been posted since 9th of October, guest its postal issues that has been the delay
I wrote them a mail 3 days back and have been waiting. Looks like ICES is getting busy aswell. just putting forward this question to you as well as greenboymx-

I am seeing some confusing posts on the forum, does the university also need to forward a copy of our passport? I also found this pdf link which apparently the university is supposed to fill and send along with the documents?.
https://www.bcit.ca/files/ices/pdf/request_for_academic_records_authorization.pdf

If you know something regarding this do let me know

Thank you!!

Jadetee

Jul 12, 2018
I wrote them a mail 3 days back and have been waiting. Looks like ICES is getting busy aswell. just putting forward this question to you as well as greenboymx-

I am seeing some confusing posts on the forum, does the university also need to forward a copy of our passport? I also found this pdf link which apparently the university is supposed to fill and send along with the documents?.

If you know something regarding this do let me know

Thank you!!
The university does not send ur passport. U upload ur passport at the time of registration.