+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Church Sponsorship

euphoria2010

Apr 20, 2019
A friend of mine is holding Tunisian Nationality, she lives in the UAE would like to apply for refugee private sponsorship through the church. Any idea if this works. She is married to Pakistani nationality husband. She is not able to live with the kids in Pakistan or in Tunisia. Any recommendation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A friend of mine is holding Tunisian Nationality, she lives in the UAE would like to apply for refugee private sponsorship through the church. Any idea if this works. She is married to Pakistani nationality husband. She is not able to live with the kids in Pakistan or in Tunisia. Any recommendation.
What you are referring to is Community Sponsorship. There are a number of criteria that have to be met. The key criteria for your friend is that she must already be officially recognized as a refugee by UNHCR. To be best of my knowledge, UNHCR does not operate in the UAE. So this won't be possible from where she lives today. She would need to relocated to another country and be officially recognized as a refugee there. Full details here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada/private-sponsorship-program/community-sponsors.html

euphoria2010

Apr 20, 2019
What you are referring to is Community Sponsorship. There are a number of criteria that have to be met. The key criteria for your friend is that she must already be officially recognized as a refugee by UNHCR. To be best of my knowledge, UNHCR does not operate in the UAE. So this won't be possible from where she lives today. She would need to relocated to another country and be officially recognized as a refugee there. Full details here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada/private-sponsorship-program/community-sponsors.html
Thank you so much for your clarification and quick response. Appreciate it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would mention that it is extremely hard to find a group to sponsor someone. It is also unclear why she can’t live in Tunisia or Pakistan.

Iulam

Dec 20, 2021
For a while, I lived in a locality where there were many refugees, and I remember that they all appealed to the central church for this contract, but until the end, they went there with pleasure because they felt genuine family warmth. If you want, you can call on their Portland Oregon churches, because they are always open to helping others. So don't hesitate to try, because you don't even know where your luck is. I hope I have helped you and everything will be fine with you.