+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chnage marital status

Jasdeepd

May 13, 2020
My wife is living in saskatchwan canada. She finished study and applied federal PR in 2019. we got married in feb 2020. so now she updated her marital status to IRCC. Is she need to send any other documents or not?
she got first SINP nominate letter from saskatchwen province. the she did federal file as a worker skilled field on the base of work permit as well as she is doing field job in that provine. in this federal field no point needed. just as a normal filed.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
My wife is living in saskatchwan canada. She finished study and applied federal PR in 2019. we got married in feb 2020. so now she updated her marital status to IRCC. Is she need to send any other documents or not?
she got first SINP nominate letter from saskatchwen province. the she did federal file as a worker skilled field on the base of work permit as well as she is doing field job in that provine. in this federal field no point needed. just as a normal filed.
I'm assuming she'll want to include you in the application so you both get the PR together. - - >to do so she needs to fill the web form to inform about the change in marital status and indicate she wishes to add you to her application.

You'll need to provide: several forms that they'll indicate which (its like 3-4), payment for the processing of your part of the application, you could also submit upfront medical exam (or wait until it's requested), marriage certificate, corresponding police certificates....
--> since she's already applied, your language proficiency and educational credentials will not be assessed (so no IELTS or ECA to worry about)

Keeping in mind that any document not originally in English or French will need to be translated.

Jasdeepd

May 13, 2020
She wants to include me. when she update her marital status, she just submitted marrige certificate as well as she inform i got married. but we did not submit any other document at that time. ircc replied that if they want further document then they will contact. but now its 2 month gone. I want to ask is we need to submit documents or we need to wait.

Jasdeepd

May 13, 2020
I'm assuming she'll want to include you in the application so you both get the PR together. - - >to do so she needs to fill the web form to inform about the change in marital status and indicate she wishes to add you to her application.

You'll need to provide: several forms that they'll indicate which (its like 3-4), payment for the processing of your part of the application, you could also submit upfront medical exam (or wait until it's requested), marriage certificate, corresponding police certificates....
--> since she's already applied, your language proficiency and educational credentials will not be assessed (so no IELTS or ECA to worry about)

Keeping in mind that any document not originally in English or French will need to be translated.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
She wants to include me. when she update her marital status, she just submitted marrige certificate as well as she inform i got married. but we did not submit any other document at that time. ircc replied that if they want further document then they will contact. but now its 2 month gone. I want to ask is we need to submit documents or we need to wait.
Again, when I informed IRCC about my change in marital status, I got the following response:

"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

(continues)...
"

They should have sent this sort of generic response. You can go ahead and gather this documents and submit them explaining that she wishes to add you to the application.

It is impossible they will not request, at least some of them, regardless of you being added as accompanying or not.

If I were you I would submit another webform stating that she wants to have you added as a dependent. Or you could simply gather these documents (listed above) and submit them without waiting for them to reply.

Also, the upfront Medical is not mandatory but is recommended to speed things up.

FYI you will need between 3-4 WebForms to submit all these forms, which is totally fine.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020
@Wolfpmd3
AOR:- August 15,2019.
Did attached husband file in 05/2020.
Medical passed:- Dec09/2020
My file is PNP paper based
My husband in india.
I want to ask how much time they gonna take now to give PR?