+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chinese translation and notarization issue.

___

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Visa Office......
FSW:HK/CEC:Ottawa
NOC Code......
FSW:2133/CEC:2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014.7.16/2014.10.16
AOR Received.
2014.11.27/2015.02.17
File Transfer...
2014.12.17/Withdrawn
Med's Request
2015/03/26/Withdrawn
Med's Done....
2015/03/30/Withdrawn
Passport Req..
2015.5.12/Withdrawn
VISA ISSUED...
2015.5.21/Withdrawn
LANDED..........
2015.7.15/Withdrawn
Hi seniors, specifically from China.
i just found that in the notarization i got, there's translation of the original Chinese copy, but in nowhere i can find the affidavit. is this mandatory for Chinese notarization? it seems there's no such thing in China as affidavit.
pls help.

___

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014.7.16/2014.10.16
AOR Received.
2014.11.27/2015.02.17
File Transfer...
2014.12.17/Withdrawn
Med's Request
2015/03/26/Withdrawn
Med's Done....
2015/03/30/Withdrawn
Passport Req..
2015.5.12/Withdrawn
VISA ISSUED...
2015.5.21/Withdrawn
LANDED..........
2015.7.15/Withdrawn
___ said:
i just found that in the notarization i got, there's translation of the original Chinese copy, but in nowhere i can find the affidavit. is this mandatory for Chinese notarization? it seems there's no such thing in China as affidavit.
pls help.
anyone knows anything about this? pls. what about other countries? do you all have this affidavit attached in your translation?

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
___ said:
anyone knows anything about this? pls. what about other countries? do you all have this affidavit attached in your translation?
From what I have seen, practices for translation vary both with the country where the translation is done, and with the country the translation is being done for.

For example:
A translation done in Canada, for the use of the CIC, does not need an affadavit. The translation must be done by a member of a recognized translation association.

A translation done in Ukraine, for the use of the CIC, has a notarized affadavit. This affadavit is often typed on the same page, or on the back of the page of the translation. It is signed by the translator and notary.

A translation done in Ukraine for the use of the Mexican government does not have an affadavit, but has an apostille. Apostilles are not used in Canada.

If nobody here can provide correct information on appropriate translation standards for China - > CIC, send an email to the immigration section of the Canadian embassy in China.

___

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014.7.16/2014.10.16
AOR Received.
2014.11.27/2015.02.17
File Transfer...
2014.12.17/Withdrawn
Med's Request
2015/03/26/Withdrawn
Med's Done....
2015/03/30/Withdrawn
Passport Req..
2015.5.12/Withdrawn
VISA ISSUED...
2015.5.21/Withdrawn
LANDED..........
2015.7.15/Withdrawn
BCKev said:
From what I have seen, practices for translation vary both with the country where the translation is done, and with the country the translation is being done for.

For example:
A translation done in Canada, for the use of the CIC, does not need an affadavit. The translation must be done by a member of a recognized translation association.

A translation done in Ukraine, for the use of the CIC, has a notarized affadavit. This affadavit is often typed on the same page, or on the back of the page of the translation. It is signed by the translator and notary.

A translation done in Ukraine for the use of the Mexican government does not have an affadavit, but has an apostille. Apostilles are not used in Canada.

If nobody here can provide correct information on appropriate translation standards for China - > CIC, send an email to the immigration section of the Canadian embassy in China.
Hi BCKev,
thanks for your reply.
I don't think asking Canadian embassy in China helps, the thing is that i'm working here in Canada, before i came here, i prepared documents to apply for work permit and visa, i provided notarization and translation without affidavit, and i'm successfully in Canada, but the embassy in China may have different requirements from CIO in Sydney, clearly, Canadian embassy in China surely have chinese employees and they know the translation situation in China, but i'm not sure if CIO in Sydney is the same case. whether they accept such translation without affidavit since it is clearly list in the instruction guide.
hope anyone who has got AOR can share more experience with your translation, do you all have affidavit from all over the world? and China is the only exception? hard to believe anyway.......

OopsCinnie

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
___ said:
pls help.
I did not see affidavit page in my notarization document. I am a Chinese applicant who's already got passport request.
Hope it helps.

Feiniao

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-23-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
I am not sure what kind of documents you want to ask. But if the translation documents (police report, birth certificates, household registration, marriage certificates, and so on) are issued by legal notary organization, they are totally fine even without affidavit.

___ said:
Hi BCKev,
thanks for your reply.
I don't think asking Canadian embassy in China helps, the thing is that i'm working here in Canada, before i came here, i prepared documents to apply for work permit and visa, i provided notarization and translation without affidavit, and i'm successfully in Canada, but the embassy in China may have different requirements from CIO in Sydney, clearly, Canadian embassy in China surely have chinese employees and they know the translation situation in China, but i'm not sure if CIO in Sydney is the same case. whether they accept such translation without affidavit since it is clearly list in the instruction guide.
hope anyone who has got AOR can share more experience with your translation, do you all have affidavit from all over the world? and China is the only exception? hard to believe anyway.......

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
___ said:
pls help.
I know how to answer it, actually, someone have answered.

or we can say,

check the translation doc itself, if it have same stamp by steel with the chinese version one, then it is ok .

if you get chinese version from A, then translate in B place, there maybe a problem.