+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chinese Girlfreind visa got refused ...

Guriko

Jul 11, 2014
Hi

English is not my first language so sorry if i write it really bad

i am a canadian guy born and raise in montreal canada parents also, and there parents also and so on

here is the story

i meet a cute chinese girl on a penpal website and we started chatting everyday . starting to be really interested in her and also always wanted to visit hong kong and china . so i ask for a visa and went to see her there we went to 3 cities and had a blast . it really click and we both fell in love i had to come back to canada but i would want her to come visit for like a month i can show her canada

she apply for a temporary visa and got refused wth !

she is 27 got a university diploma in International business and trade
working for 5 years for EMS (shipping company) she has a high position making about 1200$ a month (free rent , they pay her bus pass and her cellphone bill)
she visited South korean , Philippines , Thailand before
she has 15 000 Can $ in her bank account
parents have house that she baught with them in mainland china
i wrote a invitation letter saying i will pay for the plane ticket , housing ,food and everyother fee wille she is here (for about 1 month)
sent all the right papers and everything and it got refuse because

and the refusal reason was
i am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds. including income or assets to carry out your stated purpose in going to canada or to maintain yourself while inc anada and to effect your departure ...

how can she not have enuf when she has 15 000 in her bank account and i said i will pay everything ... what do you guys suggest we do for her to come here to visit me ...

thanks a lot

M

mikeymyke

That usually means someone had recently deposited a large amount of money in her account that didn't belong to her. CIC isn't just concerned about the dollar amount, they want to be sure her money is really her money.

Guriko

Jul 11, 2014
hum she had 10 000 but some freind lend some money to be sure she had enuf ... so that could have not help ?

what do you suggest we do ...

M

mikeymyke

There you go. Someone did make a recent large deposit in her bank, that's why she was refused. The reason that's not allowed is because that money does not belong to her, and anyone who doesn't have money, can just simply ask someone to lend them a large amount, its not a true representation of their assets.

What I suggest you do is re-apply and get rid of friend's money. Since there were no other refusal reasons, she should have a good chance of being approved. I don't know why you think $10,000 is not enough if you're the one providing for her.

Guriko

Jul 11, 2014
Well the agent she deal with to get everything ready said she needs to get 15000$ frozen in her account (as a prof that she would comeback) she made deposit herself in it . Only a paper with the amonth frozen in her account was shown. In her regular account she had 2000$ maybe she needs more there ? ...

M

mikeymyke

I'm confused, i thought you said she had $10,000 to start, not $2000?

That agent is wrong, money doesn't have to be frozen, its way more important to have an "unfrozen" bank account with her real money, rather than a frozen account where a large majority of the money isn't even hers.

How long is she planning to stay? General rule of thumb is she needs $1000/week of stay.

Guriko

Jul 11, 2014
she had 10 000 $ canadian in her regular bank account the agent said to leave china you need to have frozen money to prove the government that you will come back he say at least 15 000$ so her famely lend her 5 000$ and she froze that amount 15 000
now in her account for everyday use she has 2000$

M

mikeymyke

Ah so untrue.

And did this agent ever mention that $15,000 should be entirely her money and not consist of money from a 3rd party? As an agent he should know that CIC refuses TRVs if someone makes a large deposit in a bank account. Even before you told me the whole story, I immediately knew your g/f was refused because someone put money in her account.

And again he's wrong, $15,000 way too much, she could've gotten by with just $10K, unless she's staying for several months. You didn't mention how long she's planning to stay.

BrianDell

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
1 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
6 Jan 2015<br>IP 3 June 2015
Med's Done....
9 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
17 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1 Aug 2015 (delivered)
LANDED..........
11 Aug 2015 in Edmonton
You're denied because there's a suspected romantic interest. There isn't a check-off box for that, so they checked off something else.

Given this reason, consider whether her income, assets, or travel history would make much difference. It's the tie to Canada that they are concerned about here. She has a decent job in China, that's great, but what may tempt her to stay in Canada is not a better job in Canada so much as this Canadian guy who fits the demographic so someone who might make a good mate for her.

To really solve the problem the visa officer sees regarding a visit visa, she'd get married and have a kid with someone in her own country, as opposed to increasing her income or broadening her travel history.