+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

China PCC with duration, please advise

PH2017

May 15, 2017
Hi AndreaTky,
would you mind sharing what did u do with Chinese PCC? How did you manage it?
You case is a bit alerting... Would you please share whether you provided CIC with a PCC that covered some period of time staying in China or no PCC at all.
thanks
thanks for sharing, I added several lines to my LoE, hope it will work. fingers crossed and good luck to u
Hi Lailina,

I am in similar situation, me and my wife worked in Shenzhen for 1 year and we are not able to get PCC. Could you let us know if your application went through without it.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Lailina,

I am in similar situation, me and my wife worked in Shenzhen for 1 year and we are not able to get PCC. Could you let us know if your application went through without it.
Hi there,
will keep you posted. Right now I am still not at the eligibility check I guess:( Meds passed, BG check is still NA.

Reactions: chente

AndreaTky

May 3, 2017
Hi all! After a 6 month back and forth for the Chinese PCC I got it and I'll post the whole process here.
If I could go back and knew this I would get the PCC at the beginning because it prolonged the whole process.
I wanted to share how I got my Chinese Police Certificate on an F Visa, since the process was not really straight forward and I couldn’t find this answer on the forums. I am posting this in hopes that it will help someone else going through the process. I was based in Shanghai.
Acc. to the Chinese Government it is stated that you cannot get a PCC for an F Visa. At first I couldn’t get it and was told so multiple times by lawyers. After submitting all my documents to CIC, it was requested again by them with further instructions on how to get it. I did explain the difficulty of getting it in my LoE, however it was requested again.

CIC kindly informed me that PCC from China is not issued by the Police, but by Shanghai Public Notary Office. That’s where they got it from.
After contacting about a dozen lawyers most of them still told me it’s not possible. However one of them did try and I got it and submitted it.
The Lawyers who helped me get it (I did not have to go to China) were AHL Legal. And the lady that was super helpful, supportive and diligent was Chloe Hong. I will post the contact below, I highly recommend them.

Chloe HONG | Case Co-ordinator
W www.ahllegal.com .| E chong@ahllegal.com.cn

The agreement for payment was 80 AUD upfront and 600 AUD Total (if the certificate was issued) + Shipping to your address. I felt this was fair, because other companies sometimes quoted charges up to 1000 dollars even if you don’t get the document.

They said it will take up to 2 weeks for the document to be issued, but the lady was so kind and went and got it few days earlier and sent the scan immediately.

The documents needed for the Police Clearance were:

1. Passport(old and new) with bio page, visa, entry and exit stamps
2. Registration of temporary residence
3. Student card, studying certificate and diploma (only if you were a student)
4. Alien employment permit and work contract with official stamp (if you worked)
5. Non-criminal record form from your school/work (they will give you an example)-the most important
6. Signed letter of Authority (provided by the lawyers to you)

Hope this helps someone, as at the time I did not see any kind of info applicable to my situation.

Reactions: seancole

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi all! After a 6 month back and forth for the Chinese PCC I got it and I'll post the whole process here.
If I could go back and knew this I would get the PCC at the beginning because it prolonged the whole process.
I wanted to share how I got my Chinese Police Certificate on an F Visa, since the process was not really straight forward and I couldn’t find this answer on the forums. I am posting this in hopes that it will help someone else going through the process. I was based in Shanghai.
Acc. to the Chinese Government it is stated that you cannot get a PCC for an F Visa. At first I couldn’t get it and was told so multiple times by lawyers. After submitting all my documents to CIC, it was requested again by them with further instructions on how to get it. I did explain the difficulty of getting it in my LoE, however it was requested again.

CIC kindly informed me that PCC from China is not issued by the Police, but by Shanghai Public Notary Office. That’s where they got it from.
After contacting about a dozen lawyers most of them still told me it’s not possible. However one of them did try and I got it and submitted it.
The Lawyers who helped me get it (I did not have to go to China) were AHL Legal. And the lady that was super helpful, supportive and diligent was Chloe Hong. I will post the contact below, I highly recommend them.

Chloe HONG | Case Co-ordinator
W www.ahllegal.com .| E chong@ahllegal.com.cn

The agreement for payment was 80 AUD upfront and 600 AUD Total (if the certificate was issued) + Shipping to your address. I felt this was fair, because other companies sometimes quoted charges up to 1000 dollars even if you don’t get the document.

They said it will take up to 2 weeks for the document to be issued, but the lady was so kind and went and got it few days earlier and sent the scan immediately.

The documents needed for the Police Clearance were:

1. Passport(old and new) with bio page, visa, entry and exit stamps
2. Registration of temporary residence
3. Student card, studying certificate and diploma (only if you were a student)
4. Alien employment permit and work contract with official stamp (if you worked)
5. Non-criminal record form from your school/work (they will give you an example)-the most important
6. Signed letter of Authority (provided by the lawyers to you)

Hope this helps someone, as at the time I did not see any kind of info applicable to my situation.
Hi, AndreaTky! I would like to clarify some points regarding PCC with F (business) visa. From the list of docs above, which exactly did you provide to support F visa PCC? As I understand, having 3,4,5 on F visa is impossible. 5 is given to official employees (work visa) or students, and cannot be provided to F visa business partner/visitor. (Also, not every school can release a certificate like that to a foreign student. Mine couldn't do it, for example).
Also, did you stay in Shanghai only on F visa? China has notoriusly separated local authorities, so I wonder if your PCC is for Shanghai area, or various places?

sandraruizza

Sep 1, 2017
Hi there! Did the LoE work?did you include any prove? Was your PR through the Express entry? I'm having the same issue. I was a tourist for 3 months and 10 days then a student. My PCC covers only the period I was there as a student and I got rejected as incomplete. I have to restart the process but I would like to know how to proof to CIC that it's beyond my control.

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi there! Did the LoE work?did you include any prove? Was your PR through the Express entry? I'm having the same issue. I was a tourist for 3 months and 10 days then a student. My PCC covers only the period I was there as a student and I got rejected as incomplete. I have to restart the process but I would like to know how to proof to CIC that it's beyond my control.
Hi! I couldnt get a PCC for L and F visas too. I did however contacted various agents in China and all of them replied that I cant get a PCC for tourist and business visas. It was an extensive communication, with lots of emails to various agents/companies. I had attached it all to my LoE. I have PCC from China for my study period only. You may contact police deps too, in writing. I doubt they will reply, but at least you tried. The more evidence you put in your best effort, the better. I had received my PPR. Good luck!

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! I couldnt get a PCC for L and F visas too. I did however contacted various agents in China and all of them replied that I cant get a PCC for tourist and business visas. It was an extensive communication, with lots of emails to various agents/companies. I had attached it all to my LoE. I have PCC from China for my study period only. You may contact police deps too, in writing. I doubt they will reply, but at least you tried. The more evidence you put in your best effort, the better. I had received my PPR. Good luck!
That's good to know! I also got PCC from China from the year i had working visa but not from the rest of the time that I was with tourist/business visas.. i explained in the LOE, hope don't have problem with that.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for the rejection, did you explained it in a LOE?

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, just let you know that I got PPR and no problem with the PCC from China with only the dates i was there with working visa. Just be sure to explain it in a LOE!

Reactions: seancole

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Congratulations! And good luck in Canada, its already waaay cold here :)
Hello guys, just let you know that I got PPR and no problem with the PCC from China with only the dates i was there with working visa. Just be sure to explain it in a LOE!

LiamLead

Nov 7, 2017
Hi, if I get the PCC from China right now in November, then leave China and go back to my home country in January to apply for the PR. Can the PCC still be used for the length of 6 months or do I have to apply for PR first then come back to china to get the PCC ??

The reason I want to apply from my home country is because the funds are in my bank account in there. Can I apply from China and show the proof of funds the bank account in my home country ??

Thanks a lot !

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi, if I get the PCC from China right now in November, then leave China and go back to my home country in January to apply for the PR. Can the PCC still be used for the length of 6 months or do I have to apply for PR first then come back to china to get the PCC ??

The reason I want to apply from my home country is because the funds are in my bank account in there. Can I apply from China and show the proof of funds the bank account in my home country ??

Thanks a lot !
You can apply from China and show funds in your home country, as long as the bank account is in your name, you have unrestricted access to the funds and you provide the required documents.

LiamLead

Nov 7, 2017
You can apply from China and show funds in your home country, as long as the bank account is in your name, you have unrestricted access to the funds and you provide the required documents.
Thanks a lot for making it clear.

One last question. If the proof of work is also issued from my home country, is it also okey to apply from china and provide the proof of work + proof of funds documents that have been issued from my home country ?? ( Will I need to write an LOE to explain such situation ? )