+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Children and PR sponsorship

canuck1900

Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK - to whom ever has info...

I am applying for PR doing the application now.. came to dependents part of the application and am stuck.. my kids are born to me a Canadian and (my wife who is applying for PR) who by law in Canada are Canadian citizens - we have not done their paperwork yet so they are without the citizenship from Canada.. how to do put these wonderful blessings (dependants / kids) down on the PR application.. are they canadian or would they be Brits with documents and have to do medicals like mom...

Do this make sense? its almost a catch 22.. they are canadian but not .. sort of..?

can anyone help with this issue..?

who is up to the question above?????I might need a lawyer to sort this one out?

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
canuck1900 said:

I am applying for PR doing the application now.. came to dependents part of the application and am stuck.. my kids are born to me a Canadian and (my wife who is applying for PR) who by law in Canada are Canadian citizens - we have not done their paperwork yet so they are without the citizenship from Canada.. how to do put these wonderful blessings (dependants / kids) down on the PR application.. are they canadian or would they be Brits with documents and have to do medicals like mom...

Do this make sense? its almost a catch 22.. they are canadian but not .. sort of..?

Just out of curiosity: why don't you do the paperwork for their citizenship and passports? They are Canadians by birth, why make them go through immigration? :)

canuck1900

Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well time wise it adds 6 more month of waiting till we can then apply for pr for the wife?

canuck1900

Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So - let me ask - if I apply now and apply for my wife's PR what so I put down on the application regarding dependants Canadian or British ?

Can any on help

CC75

Aug 21, 2013
canuck1900 said:

My sister a Canadian Citizen and living in Lisbon, Portugal at the time had 2 daughters there, when they were born she registered them in the Canadian Embassy, a couple weeks later they got their Citizenship Card... Easy...

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
CC75 said:
My sister a Canadian Citizen and living in Lisbon, Portugal at the time had 2 daughters there, when they were born she registered them in the Canadian Embassy, a couple weeks later they got their Citizenship Card... Easy...
That's how I know it too. It takes just a few weeks.

canuck1900

Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So - keeping on topic :) does anyone know if I do apply for PR And kids are waiting for citizenship what would I put down on the application ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canuck1900 said:
So - keeping on topic :) does anyone know if I do apply for PR And kids are waiting for citizenship what would I put down on the application ?
The kids are Canadian, regardless of whether you have their citizenship documents yet. If you were to include them as your dependents, most likely your app would be returned to you telling you to remove them and apply for their citizenship.

You do not include them as dependents. List them IMM5406, Additional Family Information, and IMM5481, Sponsorship Evaluation. You can include a separate page explaining that you've applied for their Canadian citizenship.

This means you should really apply for their citizenship as soon as you can.