1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hi everyone,

Are they accepting new applications for 2021; as last year the quota was over and they stopped accepting new applications for year 2020?

Thanks

C@hiks

Jan 11, 2021
Hello,
I want to apply from out side canada,
Can anybody know when they are starting to accepting new application for 2021?
Thank you

ritu123

Jan 12, 2021
Once they reached the quota in November, they advised they would be notifying applicants who didn’t make it in that quota. I could be wrong, but if you haven’t heard back with a returned application/refund you probably made the quota so it seems a little pointless to submit a new application as they will still process in a chronological order and focus on getting last years applicants completed before making a start on 2021 applications.

Also, my immigration consultant made a valid point in regards to checking forums...it’s very rare people post when they have a success stories with their applications because the forums are no longer something they need to address when they get good news. Hence why we can’t be too reliant on forums. (Although at times I am guilty of that too)
We are all in this situation and while it’s tough and frustrating (hence why I’m checking in haha) we have to stay positive and just hope that IRCC continue to process accordingly and fingers crossed speed up the process. Wishing you all lots of luck!
----
My employee applied in Aug 2020 and has not received acknowledgement of receipt or any form of intimation. We have FedEx proof that they received the application but have not received anything else from them. Is that how CIC works? How was it for you?

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
----
My employee applied in Aug 2020 and has not received acknowledgement of receipt or any form of intimation. We have FedEx proof that they received the application but have not received anything else from them. Is that how CIC works? How was it for you?
They're just issuing AORs for those they received from Feb 2020

ritu123

Jan 12, 2021
They're just issuing AORs for those they received from Feb 2020
Where did you find this information? Is this for PR? Is it also for work permit to work as a child care provider under the pilot project? My employee does not have Canadian work experience and is hoping to get the work permit to come and work for me. Thanks in advance.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Where did you find this information? Is this for PR? Is it also for work permit to work as a child care provider under the pilot project? My employee does not have Canadian work experience and is hoping to get the work permit to come and work for me. Thanks in advance.
I'm also an employer and I have been waiting for my caregiver since we applied for it back in July 2019. She is outside of Canada. And yes, it is taking a very long time and it's really becoming unacceptable

ritu123

Jan 12, 2021
I'm also an employer and I have been waiting for my caregiver since we applied for it back in July 2019. She is outside of Canada. And yes, it is taking a very long time and it's really becoming unacceptable
I am sorry to bother you again, but could you please let me know if 1) your employee sent the application by post? 2) did your employee get ANY response from IRCC saying the application was received? We did not hear anything from IRCC at all. Not a word. We have proof from FedEx that the application was delivered and received by a staff at the Edmonton office and after that we did not even get an email from them. 3) How do you know that they are processing applications from February?

lb1610

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
----
I applied from Inside Canada. I’m almost at my 24 months and my work permit expires in February this year. I believe it is circumstantial because we used an immigration consultant. Because part of the PR process in which we applied requires to apply for an additional work permit. Essentially As of February I will be on implied status. Meaning I can stay in Canada and work for the same employer but I cannot leave the country or change employer without obtaining a new work permit. That is a lot of delays for PR applications and I haven’t received my AOR yet. I guess it’s just a waiting game and my immigration consultant advised it could be up to two years before a final decision comes through. This is obviously at worst case scenario.

harkaran 2010

Aug 13, 2020
I am sorry to bother you again, but could you please let me know if 1) your employee sent the application by post? 2) did your employee get ANY response from IRCC saying the application was received? We did not hear anything from IRCC at all. Not a word. We have proof from FedEx that the application was delivered and received by a staff at the Edmonton office and after that we did not even get an email from them. 3) How do you know that they are processing applications from February?
[/QUOTE
from this forum only, applicant of mid feb are still waiting for aor. mine is March but no response yet.

ritu123

Jan 12, 2021
I applied from Inside Canada. I’m almost at my 24 months and my work permit expires in February this year. I believe it is circumstantial because we used an immigration consultant. Because part of the PR process in which we applied requires to apply for an additional work permit. Essentially As of February I will be on implied status. Meaning I can stay in Canada and work for the same employer but I cannot leave the country or change employer without obtaining a new work permit. That is a lot of delays for PR applications and I haven’t received my AOR yet. I guess it’s just a waiting game and my immigration consultant advised it could be up to two years before a final decision comes through. This is obviously at worst case scenario.
Sorry to know. The system is extremely slow.