+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Childbirth costs in Newfoundland

scoobydoo

Aug 16, 2011
Hello,

I am an international Student and have received my acceptance letter from Memorial University of Newfoundland Since my husband is a PR and living there, I decided to go there while I was pregnant. I could not get enrolled in the fall 2011 semester because I could not reach in time and now I have deferred my admission to Winter 2012.

Now I am expecting my baby in December 2011 but I do not have a health card. I am not eligible for the Government of Newfoundland medical health coverage since I am not enrolled in any program. I have heard that the childbirth delivery charges are as high as 15000CAD in St.John's. Me and my husband will not be able to afford this big an amount and in my present situation I cannot travel to my home country.

Can anyone give suggestions? I am in desperate need of help and this problem is causing severe depression.

Best Regards,

scoobydoo

Aug 16, 2011
Hello,

For the information of others facing the same situation, I called St.Clare's hospital of St.John's Newfoundland and I was informed that the cost for a normal delivery per night spent in the hospital is 3023 CAD.

BR,

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
Hi

3000 CAD per night - so it means that the mom can leave the next day with child ?

What would be the total cost for having the baby ?

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sometimes hospitals have lower prices if the spouse is a Canadian or a PR. A spouse who is being sponsored for PR may even qualify for health care in some provinces. Pick your province, google how to contact their health care and ask them directly.