Med's Done....
8th Jan 2016
Passport Req..
5th July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
19th July 2016
Hi Guys,

Need your help.

Myself and my wife are PR holders since 2016. My baby is born in India in 2017. Now she is 1 year 6 months old. My wife is back in Canada. My self and my daughter are in India and will be joining her once my daughter gets the VISA.

I need the document checklist, what forms to fill and the procedure to apply for the child sponsorship. My wife will be the sponsor.

Please help guys. Thank you.

-Sravan

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
All on the IRCC website. At least one of you as the PR sponsor will need to remain in Canada to sponsor. In the mean time you could try applying for a TRV for your daughter although no guarantee would be approved but worth a try.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Others can comment as well but note since you have been PRs since maybe 4 Q 2016 then if you have been away since 2016 you need to be careful about continuing to meet the residency obligation given once someone fails the RO or cannot currently meet it they could possibly have issues sponsoring anyone until back in compliance.

As your wife is already back in Canada this may not apply to her but you should be aware that if you yourself are likely to fail the RO or not be able to meet you may have issues when you eventually come back and could be reported leading worst case to your PR status being revoked subject to appeal. Just something to keep in mind given the PR processing time.

Last edited: