+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child sponsorship

Zahra CA

Oct 14, 2018
hello

If we have the resident card in Canada can we sponsor our child without the signature of the other parent on the IMM 5604 ( declaration of non accompanying parent to minor )
Please share your experience with us

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello

If we have the resident card in Canada can we sponsor our child without the signature of the other parent on the IMM 5604 ( declaration of non accompanying parent to minor )
You need permission from the other parent or full legal custody from the courts.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
No. There is no other way. You MUST have either a court order allowing you to remove your child from your home country or a notarised letter from the other parent allowing you to remove him/her.

Reactions: Zahra CA

Zahra CA

Oct 14, 2018
No. There is no other way. You MUST have either a court order allowing you to remove your child from your home country or a notarised letter from the other parent allowing you to remove him/her.
Hello DollyM
Can I change the status of my daughter now at IP2 stage from accompanying to Non-accompanying because her father refuse to sign the consent should I withdraw my daughter now or wait for the ADR of « IMM5604 »??

What will happen to the whole application when I will not send send them the demanded ADR ??

Will my application be refused if I will not send parental consent for my daughter ??

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Hello DollyM
Can I change the status of my daughter now at IP2 stage from accompanying to Non-accompanying because her father refuse to sign the consent should I withdraw my daughter now or wait for the ADR of « IMM5604 »??

What will happen to the whole application when I will not send send them the demanded ADR ??

Will my application be refused if I will not send parental consent for my daughter ??
Yes, you can change the status to non accompanying. She will still need to have a medical whether she is accompanying or not, though. If she doesn't have a medical then you need to explain why and she will NEVER be able to be sponsored by you.

You do realise also that you will be leaving her behind in your home country when you move to Canada?

Zahra CA

Oct 14, 2018
Yes, you can change the status to non accompanying. She will still need to have a medical whether she is accompanying or not, though. If she doesn't have a medical then you need to explain why and she will NEVER be able to be sponsored by you.

You do realise also that you will be leaving her behind in your home country when you move to Canada?
She did the medical
What you will advice me please normally with the medical I can sponsor her after getting the PR
Should I wait for them and try to write a LOE
If I will not convince them will my whole application be refused or they will remove my daughter automatically ?

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
She did the medical
What you will advice me please normally with the medical I can sponsor her after getting the PR
Should I wait for them and try to write a LOE
If I will not convince them will my whole application be refused or they will remove my daughter automatically ?
If you declare your daughter as non-accompanying then you will be emigrating without her. She cannot come to Canada without the written consent of her father or a court order. That will not change until such time as your daughter is 18 and can decide for herself.

I don't know what a LOE is. Your daughter will be declared a non-accompanying dependent when you inform CIC that she is non-accompanying. You will receive COPR when your case processing is complete but your daughter will not.

You cannot sponsor her once you are PR unless you obtain either a court order or the father's permission. That does not change.

Zahra CA

Oct 14, 2018
If you declare your daughter as non-accompanying then you will be emigrating without her. She cannot come to Canada without the written consent of her father or a court order. That will not change until such time as your daughter is 18 and can decide for herself.

I don't know what a LOE is. Your daughter will be declared a non-accompanying dependent when you inform CIC that she is non-accompanying. You will receive COPR when your case processing is complete but your daughter will not.

You cannot sponsor her once you are PR unless you obtain either a court order or the father's permission. That does not change.
Here in my country I can have a court order only if I have the card of PR because I have the custody and she has to live with me if I get outside the country in a legal way .
The LOE is letter of explanation
So CIC will not refuse the whole application ??

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Here in my country I can have a court order only if I have the card of PR because I have the custody and she has to live with me if I get outside the country in a legal way .
The LOE is letter of explanation
So CIC will not refuse the whole application ??
No, CIC will not refuse the whole application. But like I said you cannot sponsor your child without either permission or a court order.

Diana M

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
hello

Hi,

I was in the same situation like you. I declared my son non-accompanying, I've got my PR and landed in Canada. After, I went back in my country because I was the only one taking care of my son so I had to stay with him. I sue his father, asking the judge to set the domicile of my son from the address in my country to my new address in Canada and, in the meantime, to ask his father to sign me the form or the judge to give his consent for it. After 9 months the trial is over. I have a judge order now where it's saying that my son needs to live with me in Canada at my address and he will visit his father only on summer vacantion and the judge issue an order for his father to sign me the form (wich he signed right away). It was painfull to stay separated of my husband a long time (he waited for me in Canada while the trial was on) but in the end it was worthy because I couldn't give up of my son. Good luck to you!

Reactions: Zahra CA

Zahra CA

Oct 14, 2018
Hi,

I was in the same situation like you. I declared my son non-accompanying, I've got my PR and landed in Canada. After, I went back in my country because I was the only one taking care of my son so I had to stay with him. I sue his father, asking the judge to set the domicile of my son from the address in my country to my new address in Canada and, in the meantime, to ask his father to sign me the form or the judge to give his consent for it. After 9 months the trial is over. I have a judge order now where it's saying that my son needs to live with me in Canada at my address and he will visit his father only on summer vacantion and the judge issue an order for his father to sign me the form (wich he signed right away). It was painfull to stay separated of my husband a long time (he waited for me in Canada while the trial was on) but in the end it was worthy because I couldn't give up of my son. Good luck to you!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience
And Good Luck in your dream country