File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What we don't understand is that why my income outside of Canada even before I came here and got married matters? Her income as single parent should be the only one that is required. Thank you.
It's based on the previous year's income / tax return, that's why.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What we don't understand is that why my income outside of Canada even before I came here and got married matters? Her income as single parent should be the only one that is required. Thank you.
As replied they need your income (family income of both parents) of the previous year to determine the CCB. It doesn't matter if your income source is from inside or outside Canada. They are not taxing your income.

Reactions: canuck78 and scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there! We have a little bit of a complicated case about my wife's CCB. Here are the timelines:

1. She received CCB for the period Jul 2021 to Mar 2022 but now CRA is claiming overpayment due to a change of marital status.
2. We got married on July 2021. This is both our second marriage. She was divorced from 2019
3. I arrived here in Canada on May 2021 as a visitor.
4. I have no income from Jun-Dec 2021 as I just got my PR last Apr 2022
5. CRA asked for my "world income" of 2020 - this is the main confusion. Why should they include my income of 2020 when I was not yet a resident nor married to my wife then.
6. I came from Saudi Arabia which has no income tax
7. CRA is now showing more than 2k owing them :(
8. We want to get clear understanding about this overpayment and most importantly the MAIN REASON why should my income from Saudi Arabia need to be added as FAMILY INCOME when we were not yet cohabiting/married.

Thank you very much for those we can better explain to us the logic of CRA. God bless!
Unless you were unemployed the whole time, which is unlikely if you easily got sponsored, I assume that you will owe money back to CRA so you should anticipate having to payback CRA.

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Hi All,
I am currently receiveing CCB for my kids (1PR + 1 Canadian born) from CRA and me and My wife has recently recieved PR.
Query: My wife is planning for a vacation to India and she will be out from Canada for more than 6 months with kids as well. Will I be still eligible to receive the CCB? I will come back in a month. Please advise as I do not wish to commit any legal issues unknowingly.
could you guide me what happen in your case does your wife eligible for ccb or not ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
could you guide me what happen in your case does your wife eligible for ccb or not ?
If they have not verified with CRA they may have been receiving CCB incorrectly and may be required to repay at a certain point. It is best to contact CRA about your specific circumstance because their outcome may not have been correct and clawbacks can happen years after the fact.

Reactions: YVR123 and Rahul61

Blacksilver

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
Thank you for the response. That makes sense. In that case I don't think I need to fill out anything on income statement section as the form says not to include any income reported on Canadian income tax?? CRA should have the info already
Thank you.
Hi,
Please reply...

Did you get the CCB without filling any form?

Thank

Rkhadka45

Jan 2, 2020
Hi,
Please reply...

Did you get the CCB without filling any form?

Thank
It's been a while but I think all I did was fill out the online registration for my son which would automatically mean you applied for CCB. I don't remember doing anything specific with CCB but I might have to double check that.

Reactions: Blacksilver

Blacksilver

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
It's been a while but I think all I did was fill out the online registration for my son which would automatically mean you applied for CCB. I don't remember doing anything specific with CCB but I might have to double check that.
Thank you for reply

Blacksilver

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
Hi All,
I am currently receiveing CCB for my kids (1PR + 1 Canadian born) from CRA and me and My wife has recently recieved PR.
Query: My wife is planning for a vacation to India and she will be out from Canada for more than 6 months with kids as well. Will I be still eligible to receive the CCB? I will come back in a month. Please advise as I do not wish to commit any legal issues unknowingly.
Hi Jack,please help me
I also have same scenario as yours where 1 is citizen & 1 PR.
Please let me know if only online application is enough to get CBB or do I have to fill RC66SCH & RC66
Thanks in advance

Neo Nelson

Feb 4, 2019
Hi,
I am a newcomer to Canada, I am trying to apply for CCB. I am married and we are still together. The child is with us since birth. Got confused with the documents to attach with application. The child is 1 year old now. Does the documents mentioned in this section is applicable for us?
"The child started living with you more than 11 months ago"

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am a newcomer to Canada, I am trying to apply for CCB. I am married and we are still together. The child is with us since birth. Got confused with the documents to attach with application. The child is 1 year old now. Does the documents mentioned in this section is applicable for us?
Can you be more specific? Which section?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
You need to provide proof of your international income for the past 2 years in order for CRA to calculate how much CCB you qualify for.

Ross88

Star Member
May 27, 2023
You need to provide proof of your international income for the past 2 years in order for CRA to calculate how much CCB you qualify for.
Minor correction: you are required to declare your world income for the last 2 years for CRA to calculate your CCB entitlement. I assume that CRA reserves the right to request proof.

Source: I just went through the CCB application process. Declared world incomes for me and my spouse without submitting evidence. I could have substantiated it if requested but no questions were asked.