+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Checks of Dependancy

fuzzfuzz

Mar 13, 2013
Hi all.

I am currently listed as a dependant under my father's entrepreneur immigration application. I am 25 years old however I am still in full-time education and therefore do not make enough money to support myself until after my studies have concluded. When my father applied, I was 21 years old therefore from my understanding (and after reading the official documents, website, and many forum posts) I am locked in at that age.

My question is, whenever our application goes ahead and we are asked for the further documents, medicals, etc., how are the checks done to verify that I am still a full-time student and still a dependant? Has anybody been in or know of similar situations? Will I need documentation from my university to verify that I am studying there? Or do they check my taxes/national insurance contributions paid monthly (I had a summer part-time job during the vacations)?

Thank you in advance, your help is much appreciated.

G.Tomas

Nov 23, 2012
Kamishly- Syria
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as long as you are (locked in) no extra documents will be asked to prove your dependency ,
extra documents are asked from people who had exceeded the age of 21 when their parents were accepted , but they kept included in their parents file due to full time study , those people are going to be asked for subjects prescription from college or university which proves that they have (at least) four courses in each semester .

fuzzfuzz

Mar 13, 2013
I'm sorry I don't understand. Aren't you saying two different things for the same scenario?

I was locked in at 21, however we haven't been accepted as of yet, our application is still "In Process", therefore I'm assuming they'll need some verification from my university if and when they ask for further information to proceed with our application?

And again, does anybody know if they check my taxes/national insurance contributions?

G.Tomas

Nov 23, 2012
Kamishly- Syria
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure which provenience have you applied to
I you applied to Quebec they way I did , you are considered -locked in- child if your parent were accepted in the interview and got the (selection Quebec) paper you you were still under 22 , or you are considered -locked in- when the file were submitted to immigration and got a file number .
If you are Federal applicant , then you should be considered -locked in- child if your age is under 22 when the file first submitted and got its number and went to process .
then it is not your fault being older , when the process never finishes
for more precautions keep studding (full time student) , then I guarantee you will be included in the file !