Chennai India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2019
No, as long as you have the signed COPR copy and the CBSA officer has inserted the COPR number & signed under the immigration stamp in your passport, you should be able to get the SIN on Monday.

PS. Make sure you get that number and signature in your passport...
Will do.. thank you very much for your response :)

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hello sir I need your help.
I m doing soft landing on 29 May 2019 and then won’t come back unit early 2020. My landing would be only for a period of 1 week.

I understand I need a PRTD to reenter. May I know if I can apply for PRTD before even the mail address Which will receive my pr card even receive . How safe is it for a friend carrying it or dhl it

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello sir I need your help.
I m doing soft landing on 29 May 2019 and then won’t come back unit early 2020. My landing would be only for a period of 1 week.

I understand I need a PRTD to reenter. May I know if I can apply for PRTD before even the mail address Which will receive my pr card even receive . How safe is it for a friend carrying it or dhl it
You need one of these methods to return to Canada, in order of preference.

1) PR card
2) PRTD
3) USA land border.

If you can get a friend or family member to courier or carry your PR card to you, that would be best. Do NOT send by Canada Post.
You can apply for a PRTD at any time while you are outside Canada. PRTDs usually have a short expiry time.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
You need one of these methods to return to Canada, in order of preference.

1) PR card
2) PRTD
3) USA land border.

If you can get a friend or family member to courier or carry your PR card to you, that would be best. Do NOT send by Canada Post.
You can apply for a PRTD at any time while you are outside Canada. PRTDs usually have a short expiry time.
Ok May I know for how long PRTD are valid. Also is it illegal to be couriered or friend carrying it?
Finally if I land and while pr card processing is in progress and I come back. Can I apply for PRTD straight away or I need to wait for my friend to receive my or card and then I apply for PRTD

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ok May I know for how long PRTD are valid. Also is it illegal to be couriered or friend carrying it?
Finally if I land and while pr card processing is in progress and I come back. Can I apply for PRTD straight away or I need to wait for my friend to receive my or card and then I apply for PRTD
PRTD validity is up to the visa office that issues it. Probably about 4 months.
PR card can be legally couriered or carried. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
As I said before, "You can apply for a PRTD at any time while you are outside Canada."

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
PRTD validity is up to the visa office that issues it. Probably about 4 months.
PR card can be legally couriered or carried. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
As I said before, "You can apply for a PRTD at any time while you are outside Canada."
Thank u so much. One final question.
In prtd form I see they are asking about marital status. Suppose I do landing, apply fo pr card, go back to my country and get married and apply for PRTD after marriage. Will spouse factor be added on my EE file thru which I did landing . I mean will they ask for things like proof of marriage or her PCC and meds

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank u so much. One final question.
In prtd form I see they are asking about marital status. Suppose I do landing, apply fo pr card, go back to my country and get married and apply for PRTD after marriage. Will spouse factor be added on my EE file thru which I did landing . I mean will they ask for things like proof of marriage or her PCC and meds
If you marry after landing, a) you must sponsor your new spouse and b) you must be living physically in Canada to do so.
It will not be relevant to your PRTD application if you are married or not when you apply for it.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
If you marry after landing, a) you must sponsor your new spouse and b) you must be living physically in Canada to do so.
It will not be relevant to your PRTD application if you are married or not when you apply for it.
Excellent thank u so much. May I know which country u r originally from??

NacImmi

Jun 23, 2019
Dear all,

I am planning to do soft landing in Toronto next month. I do not have a Canadian address. To have the PR card mailed to me, will it be OK if I give the address of the hotel I will be staying at? Can I give the address of a third party like a friend or a lawyer?

Comments appreciated.

Thanks,

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Dear all,

I am planning to do soft landing in Toronto next month. I do not have a Canadian address. To have the PR card mailed to me, will it be OK if I give the address of the hotel I will be staying at? Can I give the address of a third party like a friend or a lawyer?

Comments appreciated.

Thanks,
You can give your friend's address. I gave my brother's.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Dear all,

Comments appreciated.

Thanks,
Probably not a good idea to provide a non-residential address. IRCC may choose not to send the card. Use a private address.

NacImmi

Jun 23, 2019
Probably not a good idea to provide a non-residential address. IRCC may choose not to send the card. Use a private address.
Thank you for your reply. I am thinking about renting a UPS mailbox. Will that count as a residential address? Acording to UPS, the address will look like this: "Your Name, Suite #, 3450 RUE ST DENIS, MONTREAL QC H2X 3L3."

Also, once I leave Canada after softlanding, can i have a third party mail me the card to a non-Canadian address?

Best