Checklist for soft landing

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Thank you. I have read that i can also request urgent processing if i show that i have to return to continue my current job. Had you tried that?
No, I didn't try as I was not aware of it. Moreover, I was in Canada for 3 weeks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you for your reply. I am thinking about renting a UPS mailbox. Will that count as a residential address? Acording to UPS, the address will look like this: "Your Name, Suite #, 3450 RUE ST DENIS, MONTREAL QC H2X 3L3."

Also, once I leave Canada after softlanding, can i have a third party mail me the card to a non-Canadian address?

Best
I can't comment on IRCC’s reaction to that address format. However, yes a PR card CAN be sent by a friend or family member to a non-Canadian address but I would strongly recommend that a courier company is used and not Canada Post.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi guys, I have received permanent residence ready for visa email. I am based in Leeds, UK. Which visa should I apply with VFS to do a soft landing? On the VFS website, only 4 visas are showing,

Temporary Resident Visa

Study Permit

Work Permit

Permanent Resident Travel Document

which one is relevant to me?

Regards
Have you received a passport request in order to have a permanent resident (IM-1) visa applied to it?
If so, follow the instructions provided. None of those options are correct for this part of the application process.

hasanahm88

Oct 12, 2017
Have you received a passport request in order to have a permanent resident (IM-1) visa applied to it?
If so, follow the instructions provided. None of those options are correct for this part of the application process.
Hi,

yes, it looks like a passport request. But what category of visa is this? I cannot book an appointment unless I take any of the mentioned visas if its not included, why would they serve us?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

yes, it looks like a passport request. But what category of visa is this? I cannot book an appointment unless I take any of the mentioned visas if its not included, why would they serve us?
As far as I am aware, you don't have to book any appointments for the issue of the IM-1 visa. It's all done by post.

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Hello people. We received our CoPR yesterday and planning to land in a month.

We're going to do soft landing, stay for a week and come back. Our permanent move to Canada would be end of 2019 - early 2020.

What is a complete checklist that someone doing soft landing should do? Thank you.
Hey Pls share ur experience of soft landing as I am facing same problem now.I need to come back before my sons board exams

JayashreeGowda

Nov 18, 2018
Toronto .. In that case I should wait till Monday to get the SIN..

But will there be any problems if I didn't apply for SIN while doing soft landing? Point to be noted is, it may take more than a year for me to travel back to Canada(permanent).
Hi
I am planning to do the soft landing in Vancouver.
Do you know if generating the SIN is possible on weekends?
did you land in weekend as per the thread and how did it go ?

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hello Dear members!

Hope all is well.

I am planning to do a soft landing (2 weeks) in October, I will move to Canada permanently sometime next year , Do I have to submit goods to follow form during my first landing (i.e October) ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Dear members!

Hope all is well.

I am planning to do a soft landing (2 weeks) in October, I will move to Canada permanently sometime next year , Do I have to submit goods to follow form during my first landing (i.e October) ?
You can do later.

Reactions: Yumna

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
You can do later.
thanks for your kind reply.

I still have one confusion, Technically there is no such thing as soft landing.
So If I enter Canada next year with PR card, it will be my second landing; so I can still submit goods to follow form?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for your kind reply.

I still have one confusion, Technically there is no such thing as soft landing.
So If I enter Canada next year with PR card, it will be my second landing; so I can still submit goods to follow form?
Yes, next year, you are settling in Canada. Read the form.