+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Checklist for new Permanent Resident

EddyCo

Jun 19, 2019
Hello,
I recently revived COPR and now i'm PR.
I wonder what is next? below some questions:

- Is there any obligation as a new PR? any booklet explain all (or some) scenarios and action i need to take?
- I have a valid WorkPermit and a job, should i inform my employer about the changes in status? do i need the Work Permit from now on?
- I live in Quebec and owned Health Insurance Card that valid to my Work Permit, do i need to let them know about this change as well?
- SIN number is assigned to my temporary worker status, should i get my self a new SIN number?

I'm appreciate your help, thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

- Is there any obligation as a new PR? any booklet explain all (or some) scenarios and action i need to take?
- I have a valid WorkPermit and a job, should i inform my employer about the changes in status? do i need the Work Permit from now on?
- I live in Quebec and owned Health Insurance Card that valid to my Work Permit, do i need to let them know about this change as well?
- SIN number is assigned to my temporary worker status, should i get my self a new SIN number?

1. Maintain Residency Obligations, 2 years in every 5 year period.
2. Yes, inform employer about status, and that you will be applying for a new SIN number, has to be done on line these days. \
3. Yes.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello,

1. As a new PR not. You should have received a booklet explaining your PR status. They give it to everyone when doing the landing
  2. When you do your landing they'll request any work/study permits and they'll keep them. Of course you don't need any permits anymore.
  3. No, when it expires and you renew it that's when you'll use your PR documents to do so.
  4. Of course, you need to get a new SIN (a permanent SIN with no expiration date) - - > and yes inform your employer and provide new SIN to them.