+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Checking Application Status On-Line

froidvip

Feb 6, 2017
Hello Senior Members,

Yesterday, I find out a website that designed from CIC. This website is for people to check their application status on line. From CIC website, it says that PR application from within or outside Canada can use their own identify number to get the status update information. Here is the website link below:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=1.29175356.122482822.1477414447

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=1

I have few question regarding to the website:

1. Has anyone use this website before and what kind of information you can see from there? Does it works for our EE applications?

2. I still have not yet log in to the website, not sure the reason. I use the Application number from AOR letter, but it seems not working. Any member experienced this result before?

Thank you so much for your help !

Calgary2014

Nov 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
froidvip said:
Hello Senior Members,

Yesterday, I find out a website that designed from CIC. This website is for people to check their application status on line. From CIC website, it says that PR application from within or outside Canada can use their own identify number to get the status update information. Here is the website link below:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=1.29175356.122482822.1477414447

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=1

I have few question regarding to the website:

1. Has anyone use this website before and what kind of information you can see from there? Does it works for our EE applications?

2. I still have not yet log in to the website, not sure the reason. I use the Application number from AOR letter, but it seems not working. Any member experienced this result before?

Thank you so much for your help !
I think this is for paper based applications

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Tried it but gave the following message -

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

froidvip

Feb 6, 2017
Calgary2014 said:
I think this is for paper based applications
I think you are correct. This is for paper application.

Here is the information from their website:

How can I check the status of my application?
It depends on the type of application.

Online applications

If you applied online, you can check your status in your account:

Sign in to your account.
Under “View my submitted applications or profiles” click on “check status and messages”.
If you applied online for an eTA, you can check online with the eTA Check status tool. You will need the application number sent to you in the email confirmation.

Paper applications

There are two ways you can check your application status online. You can:

Use the Check application status tool, which is updated daily or
Create an online account and link your paper application to it. You will get:
detailed application status in real-time and
messages about your application online instead of by mail.
Checking your status through your online account is not available for all paper applications. See: Which applications can I link to my online account?