Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
any one knows what is the cheapest mode?
is it Garuda vega or any other one please?
Hi,

The cheapest would be Indian post, depending on weight it would cost starting 25 INR.
If you are looking for a reliable then FedEx or DHL.

Good Luck.

crazycitizen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Hi,

The cheapest would be Indian post, depending on weight it would cost starting 25 INR.
If you are looking for a reliable then FedEx or DHL.

Good Luck.
Thank you.
I need to bring back my personal Bluray movie collection of 10-15 totally. Do you suggest India post for cheapest mode? When you say reliable, more chances of getting lost with India post?

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Thank you.
I need to bring back my personal Bluray movie collection of 10-15 totally. Do you suggest India post for cheapest mode? When you say reliable, more chances of getting lost with India post?
By Reliable I mean you will get the Tracking ID, it will not get lost any how.
However, since India Post do not provide with tracking id for items with only stamps & not registered (Cheapest mode), there are fairly good chances of getting item missed on the way.

Good Luck

crazycitizen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
By Reliable I mean you will get the Tracking ID, it will not get lost any how.
However, since India Post do not provide with tracking id for items with only stamps & not registered (Cheapest mode), there are fairly good chances of getting item missed on the way.

Good Luck
Thanks a lot for your swift answer.
Do you know if i need to pay any additional custom charges for shipping my own personal movie/DVD collection? any restriction here? Or, it is perfectly safe as long as they are all legitimate ones?

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Thanks a lot for your swift answer.
Do you know if i need to pay any additional custom charges for shipping my own personal movie/DVD collection? any restriction here? Or, it is perfectly safe as long as they are all legitimate ones?
As far as I know, when you arrive as PR, CBSA ask you about any future shipment from home country, you can provide the details & it would considered as Custom free.
Else you need to pay the custom duty and additional GST/HST + PST (as applicable).

My suggestion would be to carry it with you, if you can, instead of bringing through courier.

Good Luck

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If it's only 15 discs, just carry them with you. That will weigh less then a kilo, or maybe just around a kilo.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
;) i am here in Canada in PR already for last 4 years and need to ship my collections from india and hence asking...
I've received largish parcels from India - India Post does work, though if this collection is very valuable to you, use a service that provides tracking information.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
If absolute cheap is what you want, go with india post. It will reach but with no guarantees on time taken.
If absolute cheap with some tracking is what you want, go with speed post/registered post that comes with tracking info. Again no guarantees on time taken.
If you want it faster/within guaranteed time frame, go with private couriers : DTDC, DHL, FedEx, UPS.

Reactions: crazycitizen