+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC Seminar Highlights: Important information regarding student visa application

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Gs,
Very helpful info,
God bless u

Kavya

J

JS

Hi GS,

It is very very helpful indeed. thanks so much bro. Please keep posting if you recall more.

thanks again -;:)

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kavya, JS;

I'm glad that you found the information useful.

All,

Some more information about funds, duration of funds in bank, and type of proof required by VO. I'd posted it in another thread but reposting it here to make it part of this existing thread.

From what I've seen and observed in various forums and seminars, CHC wants to determine the financial condition of a candidate/candidate family to ensure that S/He is able to finance his/her studies.

They use a lot of mechanism to evaluate the "overall" financial condition of the candidate/sponsor. The keyword is overall.

Bank Statement, FD, PF, IT Returns, Study loan etc are few of the mechanism. They prefer study loan over all the other proofs.

In Ideal condition, they want the funds to be present in the bank account for 4 months.

However, the 4 months period is the ideal timeframe. I've seen many cases where the funds were in the account for few weeks and they still received the visa because the VO determines the "overall" financial condition.

If you have time, then the best strategy is to wait for 4 months. If you don't have that much time, go ahead and apply in confidence.

Just as there is no guarantee of getting the visa even after 4 month of having funds in the bank, there is no guarantee of rejection if you submit showing 1 month previous funds.

We don't live in an ideal world and this reflects to our visa applications as well.

However, it will help if you write a strong SOP and mention your current situation and interest in the course, and your intention to return back along with your application.

Again, I'm not a visa expert and these are my assumption. You might want to consult others before making a decision.

However, seeing the processing time delays, please apply as soon as possible to get the visa in time.

GS

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Dear GS,
Actually, I hold almost amount for my funds in my bank since long time. Now the point is if u say IT returns, I wont be able to show, because this money was transfered from my mum's bank and now she even dong have IT returns so what can be the solution in this case? I mean I dont work.

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
One more question GS,

You know for current situation I wont be able to apply for this SPP, Because I am not going to get student loan. I got it in my AC. But in case if I can get an offer letter with fundings from university. Does that mean I can apply for SPP?... and also you said that it may be possible that in general one I can get visa by sep if I apply in July isnt it. I just want to make everything ready by the time.

Thanks a lot again,

I think u are a good guide for the we guys

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Sound great idea. However, I think I have clear all my queries so It wont mane any scense :(

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kavya said:
One more question GS,

You know for current situation I wont be able to apply for this SPP, Because I am not going to get student loan. I got it in my AC. But in case if I can get an offer letter with fundings from university. Does that mean I can apply for SPP?... and also you said that it may be possible that in general one I can get visa by sep if I apply in July isnt it. I just want to make everything ready by the time.

Thanks a lot again,

I think u are a good guide for the we guys
Kavya,

SPP is a define process in which 80% Loan is mandatory. However, if you get some funding, you can apply for general and there should be no problem.

Some people I know have received medical calls, in general category, with no bank loan or scholarship in less than a week. However, they applied in the lean period and not near the last dates. July/Aug is a really busy time for fall Visa candidates where as May and June are lean.

-GS

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
ok, I see,

you know how does the visa validity work? for example some one applied say in Auguast for Jan intake and if they get visa in one or two months time. So how long they give visa and also Does they cover all the study period. or they simply give visa only start from when ur course starting

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kavya said:
ok, I see,

you know how does the visa validity work? for example some one applied say in Auguast for Jan intake and if they get visa in one or two months time. So how long they give visa and also Does they cover all the study period. or they simply give visa only start from when ur course starting
CHC can issue a study permit upto six months before planned start date of the course, and a letter of introduction. You have to enter Canada before its expiry and show this letter to the Immigration officer.

The actual study visa (also known as landing visa) is given at the port of entry in Canada. Normally, the visa officer asks about the course and give the full time visa (short courses upto 2 years) or partial visa up to 2 years (for long degree courses 3 to 4 years).

- GS

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
ok, I see, U mean its like on arriavel stamp. We can just get the duration from visa office,, Thats what u mean ya!

J

johnac86

Hi Gs,
I Will be applying for Canadian study visa general category as I got admission in a private college. I have heard it's difficult to get under general category. Is that correct?? My tuition fees is 25300 CAD and living expense will come up to 10000 CAD which adds up to 35300 CAD. I have taken bank loan for 37340 CAD. I will not be showing any sponsor as my dad passed away 2 years ago and my mom is a home maker. Will this be an issue? Are there any chances of rejection as I dont have a sponsor.