Med's Request
Not yet
Passport Req..
Praying
VISA ISSUED...
Praying
LANDED..........
Praying
Thanks Charger bhai for your quick reply, I have alrady ordered CAIPS which is due on 25th Nov. That situation belong to my friend.
I just wanted to have a general view, and general opinion as on this forum ppl come with different situation, so wats the general trend.

DodgeCharger said:
I u want a best response bro, then at this stage look no further and order CAIPS, now I am not saying CAIPS is these option but certainly is the better option and it can give u insight about what is going on with ur file at any point and what are the immigration people are thinking of ur relationship!
It is a very inexpensive alternative other than going to consultants and getting hammered! The people over here can only guide you to the right direction as they have guided me so far.

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zaamin said:
Ades Agepti mosquito which causes Dengue is found in more than 100 countries of the world.
There is no dengue in Canada, the person who got hit by it was probably a carrier in Lahore and didn't know until he travelled to Canada! Dengue mosquito cannot survive extreme temps as we have in Canada!!

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stuckhere said:
whats the procedure for ordering CAIPS?

Hi

I had this useful information from someone else, which I do hope useful to many members.

Getting your CAIPS is fairly straightforward; you will have to pay $5.00 since you are requesting CAIPS notes for your spouse, who is not residing in Canada. I had instructions from someone on this forum on how to do it.

Follow the instructions below:

1. Have your spouse fill out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

Step by step instructions:

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case file to the following individual."

Then have your spouse fill out all of his/her particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. The Canadian Embassy......... etc.)

Then have him/her fill out your own personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom

OR, if you have already filled out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.PDF

then just send a photocopy of it along with 2. and 3.

2. You must now fill out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number).

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)."

You HAVE to pay $5.00, there is no way around this. Do NOT tick "Privacy Act" and hope they will just process it without you having to pay; this will NOT work. You must pay $5.00 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French. (These choices are under the "Privacy Act" sub-heading. Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records." .

Fill out your spouse's information.

Under the next heading, "Request for-Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "The Canadian Embassy ........." under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box.

DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you.
It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your visa office)

In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.

Sign and date.

3. Make out a cheque payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $5.00

Enclose the cheque in an envelope with the other forms, and a copy of your Canadian ID or a passport copy and send it to the address below:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Public Rights Administration
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
Fax: (613) 957-6517

Hope this helps!!

Regards

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
stuckhere said:
whats the procedure for ordering CAIPS?
ALternatively you can now request them elevtronically, click below for details:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/completed.asp

stuckhere

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
DodgeCharger said:
Hi

I had this useful information from someone else, which I do hope useful to many members.

Getting your CAIPS is fairly straightforward; you will have to pay $5.00 since you are requesting CAIPS notes for your spouse, who is not residing in Canada. I had instructions from someone on this forum on how to do it.

Follow the instructions below:

1. Have your spouse fill out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case file to the following individual."

Then have your spouse fill out all of his/her particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. The Canadian Embassy......... etc.)

Then have him/her fill out your own personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom

OR, if you have already filled out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.PDF

then just send a photocopy of it along with 2. and 3.

2. You must now fill out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number).

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)."

You HAVE to pay $5.00, there is no way around this. Do NOT tick "Privacy Act" and hope they will just process it without you having to pay; this will NOT work. You must pay $5.00 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French. (These choices are under the "Privacy Act" sub-heading. Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records." .

Fill out your spouse's information.

Under the next heading, "Request for-Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "The Canadian Embassy ........." under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box.

DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you.
It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your visa office)

In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.

Sign and date.

3. Make out a cheque payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $5.00

Enclose the cheque in an envelope with the other forms, and a copy of your Canadian ID or a passport copy and send it to the address below:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Public Rights Administration
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
Fax: (613) 957-6517

Hope this helps!!

Regards
thanks

stuckhere

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
Hey does anyone know of a case similar to mine? We added our daughter to my application back in april 2011. since my husband is a PR she wasnt an automatic canadian citizen. Before we added her my husband called their helpline and they said it shouldnt effect the original application. but they r making new rules everyday ...
Now my ecas is showing two different dates for processing.The MP said they recieved her quebec seletion certificate in sept. So im thinking maybe the add means they will start the whole process again! I dont really know of any case like mine. I dont know what to think. Can anyone give me some info on adding kids later on? how it effects applications? Anyone....?

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stuckhere said:
Hey does anyone know of a case similar to mine? We added our daughter to my application back in april 2011. since my husband is a PR she wasnt an automatic canadian citizen. Before we added her my husband called their helpline and they said it shouldnt effect the original application. but they r making new rules everyday ...
Now my ecas is showing two different dates for processing.The MP said they recieved her quebec seletion certificate in sept. So im thinking maybe the add means they will start the whole process again! I dont really know of any case like mine. I dont know what to think. Can anyone give me some info on adding kids later on? how it effects applications? Anyone....?
Plz check PM Message.

Awaiting 2012

Nov 9, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
File Transfer...
November 2010
Med's Request
Re-med request April 15 2012
Med's Done....
Re-med done May 1st 2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
December 13th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
InshaAllah soon
I have been reading the posts here, so I became quite interested and registered. My case like many others is pretty straightforward, I got married last year in june 2010 and my husband ( A canadian citizen ) applied for my sponsership around october '10, and my application in isb offices was received on 12th nov'10, I just recently lookd up the cic website and got concerned as they just increased the frikkin time span from 21 months to two years. Its so depressing and disheartening, as it's been such a long wait, and circumstances have been such that i havent seen my husband for almost a year now. I feel i can relate to a lot people over here who are in the same situation as me. Any updates from people who are close to my timeline?

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awaiting 2012 said:
I have been reading the posts here, so I became quite interested and registered. My case like many others is pretty straightforward, I got married last year in june 2010 and my husband ( A canadian citizen ) applied for my sponsership around october '10, and my application in isb offices was received on 12th nov'10, I just recently lookd up the cic website and got concerned as they just increased the frikkin time span from 21 months to two years. Its so depressing and disheartening, as it's been such a long wait, and circumstances have been such that i havent seen my husband for almost a year now. I feel i can relate to a lot people over here who are in the same situation as me. Any updates from people who are close to my timeline?
Hi Awaiting 2012. Please see the cases on the google spreadsheet. There are many people closer to your timeline still waiting. Sorry but its true.

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DodgeCharger said:
Thanx brother, I
100% agree with u, she's lucky that she didn't get a piece of my mind, she's been messing around for the last few days and spreading negativity on this forum!
ur welcome brother, I know her replies were rude. Every one is in the same boat at least u should reply with respect. :)