+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
hero1 said:
Hi guys im new in this forum! i hve some questions regrading filling up the sponsor app,, if u guys help me that would be great.
im about to sponsor my wife. so here r my questions
1.. when filling out app for PR in canada the question about detalis about family memebers. which family member they mean by that? i mean my wife's brother sister or mine..? its little confusig?

thnx in advne for replies,!!
and best of luck to all of u who applied already and waitiing to meet ther lovd ones.........
thx from HeroNO1 :) :)
When asking a question please try to give full details.

1) refer to the form number i.e. IMM-XXX whatever
2) When they are asking for family member details, its usually about your spouse and kids, not your brothers and sisters ( this depends on which form you are talking about so provide the form number)

and then someone should be able to help you out.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkshopISB Have you done only NIKAH OR full shadi.
Send the financial support receipts. If any you have.
Send them any EID Card or Birthday car or Anniversery Card
Send them any financial statment or bank statment or anyother asset statment which indicate your wife name beside your name.
Type a letter and explain probably you can write that you will apeal the case here in Canada

I am sure other can shed some more light.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkshopISB said:
Here is my timeline buddy...

1. CIC Mississauga received my application on December 09, 2009.
2. February 08, 2010: CIC Islamabad started processing the application
3. Got a letter from CIC Islamabad stating "We have received your application to sponsor... and if you haven't submitted the required docs... Please do it ASAP...

Any news at your end?
Hey budyy your ecas started on Feb 08,2010 mine is on JAN 25 and you have already receive a update from them even though its a frustrated update.

Maya85

Jul 27, 2010
Hi jkshopISB;

I can suggest you another document like after getting married, as wife I applied to renew my ID-Card (Shankahti Pass) with NADRA, where they mention Husband's name on wife's ID-Card, thts one proof.

Another would be,after getting tht ID-Card, you can get a family certificate from NADRA, where they assign u Family Number and shows ur pictures as well on this family certificate.

U should send them more pics otherthan your wedding pics... and latest Call logs..

Good Luck..

Maya85

Jul 27, 2010
Hi members,

I called CHC-Islamabad yesterday and talked to one of the representatives / operator ( or whtever )
and asked about this processing time of 9 months, also mentioned that that 9 months wait time is over and I have been waiting for 10months now since I rceived AOR I did not receive any update on my case from CHC-Islb. So he replied back that because of workload on embassy the Avg wait time is 14months now...
I told him but my case started process in december 2009, and I have been issued 9months wait time to get an update on my case, he said tht doesnt matter anymore it just depends on current workload....

Wht should I understand I dont know... :p wait for another 4 months of avg processing time... total 14 monthss and get an update... LoL
please comment...
was that a "BONGI" from that operator
or is that a reality...

( But just to let people know they do any case specific enquiry on fone)

Maya85

Jul 27, 2010
SORRY TO MISS TYPE:

THEY DO NOT DO CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY ON FONE, BUT THEY PROVIDE U WITH GENERAL INFORMATION...

Maya85 said:
Hi members,

I called CHC-Islamabad yesterday and talked to one of the representatives / operator ( or whtever )
and asked about this processing time of 9 months, also mentioned that that 9 months wait time is over and I have been waiting for 10months now since I rceived AOR I did not receive any update on my case from CHC-Islb. So he replied back that because of workload on embassy the Avg wait time is 14months now...
I told him but my case started process in december 2009, and I have been issued 9months wait time to get an update on my case, he said tht doesnt matter anymore it just depends on current workload....

Wht should I understand I dont know... :p wait for another 4 months of avg processing time... total 14 monthss and get an update... LoL
please comment...
or is that a reality...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Maya85 said:
Hi members,

please comment...
or is that a reality...

Take a look at all the applicants on this and other immigration forums regarding pakistan timline who have applied in 2009. The person is correct it is taking anywhere from 12 to 15 months on average for female cases. For male cases its more like 18+ months

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
hero1 said:
oh i see.... its fourm IMM008 ....
First of all you wife needs to fill out this form since she is applying to be a Permanent resident of Canada and If you read on top of Page 2 it says:

"You must provide the following details about each of your family members, Whether they will be accompanying you to canada or not. You must inlcude your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada. If you have more than 3 family members, photocopy this page before you start.... "

jkshopISB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
jkshopISB Have you done only NIKAH OR full shadi.
Send the financial support receipts. If any you have.
Send them any EID Card or Birthday car or Anniversery Card
Send them any financial statment or bank statment or anyother asset statment which indicate your wife name beside your name.
Type a letter and explain probably you can write that you will apeal the case here in Canada

I am sure other can shed some more light.
Buddy, it is frustrating.. NIKKAH only.

I have the cards but not the stamped envelops etc... Not sure if they would accept them as a proof.
I have no financial stmts etc

jkshopISB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Maya85 said:
Hi jkshopISB;

I can suggest you another document like after getting married, as wife I applied to renew my ID-Card (Shankahti Pass) with NADRA, where they mention Husband's name on wife's ID-Card, thts one proof.

Another would be,after getting tht ID-Card, you can get a family certificate from NADRA, where they assign u Family Number and shows ur pictures as well on this family certificate.

U should send them more pics otherthan your wedding pics... and latest Call logs..

Good Luck..
Hi Maya, Thanks... Pray for use please.. JazakAllah Khair. I am thinking of taking a week off from work and visiting Pakistan... and take pictures and send them.. What do you guys suggest?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
jkshopISB said:
Hi Maya, Thanks... Pray for use please.. JazakAllah Khair. I am thinking of taking a week off from work and visiting Pakistan... and take pictures and send them.. What do you guys suggest?
Probably a good idea, but if you are going there might aswell go for a little longer if you can afford to. you need 4 days just to travel back and forth...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
hero1 said:
ok thanku wes786! i knw my wife has to fill it out...but my queston is do they want the info about my wife's family? does it mean her brother sis or wat so confusing?
Basically they are asking about your wife's family members, which are her sons and daughters NOT her brothers and sisters. If you don't have any kids, you N/A that section and don't worry about filling it in. But if you do have kids then you must fill it in.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your wife or you should have kept the stamped envelop also, anyway its done now. You can still try with cards may be they will accept it.

Buddy its not too late for the financial statments, visit a local bank tomorrow open a RRSP account deposit some amount there and have your wife as a beneficery make sure you provide the same full name as you have on application, some banks asked for the date of birth also which is even further better. once you done that obtain an online copy of beneficery information and use it for CHC.

An other thing you can do buy a life insurance for yourself and include your wife as beneficery or simply open ONE policy for both,In case you are not in a favour of buying life insurance since they always offered in terms I would suggest buy 1yr policy with renewal option so after one yr you can cancell and same thing obtain the online beneficery printout and send it to them.You can buy policy from many companies but I suggest buy from ManuLife or SunLife as they have the reputation worldwide.

If you need any help on above please feel free to let me know as this is my career profession.
Buddy I have done NIKKAH only as well and I did mentioned in my application that there wont be RECEPTION,however I did provide them financial documents like above PLUS the medical insurance coverage document for my wife and many other's papers, lets hope for the best.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another question I want to ask them what type of ruksti they ask for in Common-in-Law [Gay-to-Gay-Lesbian-to-Lesbian] sponership catagorey to other nation's communities. It is just bizare when they use this word for my nation's community.

psionator

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it is because in Islam a valima is required.. i THINK. correct me if im wrong.