+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

connect786

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
thankyou knaeem it was a big burden of my shoulder.i hav nt received the mail yet but ur sample PHEP letter suggests that i'll be reuniting with my family soon.
total time so far from the time i applied in mississauga 13 months.i guess another 2 if inshallah all goes well.

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
connect786 said:
thankyou knaeem it was a big burden of my shoulder.i hav nt received the mail yet but ur sample PHEP letter suggests that i'll be reuniting with my family soon.
total time so far from the time i applied in mississauga 13 months.i guess another 2 if inshallah all goes well.
you welcome brother...I hope and pray everything goes well InshaAllah and you re-unite to your family.. Good Luck

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am going to ask on the posting sites I am on, for everybody to write to the Minister of Immigration Diane Finley to complain about the length of time it is taking for our legitimate spouse/family applications to be processed, while every week it seems I am hearing on the news that the Gov't is trying to make it easier and faster for TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKERS to enter Canada. Our cases are taking a back seat and seem to not be a priority that the staffing resources in CIC are being concentrated on, it's the TFW that are getting preferential treatment.
Our spouses/family will not be here TEMORARILY, they are the PERMANENT answer to adding people in the work force and the tax base. They will not disappear from a job they were brought here for. Our family members have the social benefit of a sponsor that will help them blend into Canada's culture.

The only way for them to KNOW this is a huge problem (because THEY think they are just doing fine if they hear no negative feedback), is to flood them with our voices telling them we are unhappy about the fact that TFW are coming here before our spouses/family, and in some cases even getting their PR status before our family class cases after they have gotten here initially on their work visa and applied for PR after.
I know that people have said that contacting the minister directly about their specific case has not helped, they didn't help with mine either. But this will be to complain that there are MANY of us seeing the same thing happening and that their priorities are backwards.
I'm also going to say that for all the news that is continually coming out on fast tracking TFW even more, it would be interesting to tell news channels to make public the OTHER side of the story that Spouses and Partners are on the SLOW TRACK. If you fear repercussions on your case if they knew an identity, get a hotmail or yahoo account to make the complaint, initially there just needs to be VOLUME so they know there is a problem in the system.
The snail mail address is below, and the email address is after that. Please write so they hear our opinion and take notice of this disparity between family class and the fast tracked TFW.

The Honourable Diane Finley, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Or: Minister @ cic.gc.ca

Style

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Done....
December 2009
Passport Req..
March 2011
All power to you if your going to voice it. But do you really thing it'll make a difference? They get email like this all the time which goes right into their junk mail. And saddly no one cares about ppl like us who tries to do the thing right way. Now that I think about it, it would have been better if she just gets on the plan come here and claim refugee at the airport or should have just applied for student visa which would have came in about 28days without any background check.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
knaeem said:
I am going to ask on the posting sites I am on, for everybody to write to the Minister of Immigration Diane Finley to complain about the length of time it is taking for our legitimate spouse/family applications to be processed, while every week it seems I am hearing on the news that the Gov't is trying to make it easier and faster for TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKERS to enter Canada. Our cases are taking a back seat and seem to not be a priority that the staffing resources in CIC are being concentrated on, it's the TFW that are getting preferential treatment.
Our spouses/family will not be here TEMORARILY, they are the PERMANENT answer to adding people in the work force and the tax base. They will not disappear from a job they were brought here for. Our family members have the social benefit of a sponsor that will help them blend into Canada's culture.

The only way for them to KNOW this is a huge problem (because THEY think they are just doing fine if they hear no negative feedback), is to flood them with our voices telling them we are unhappy about the fact that TFW are coming here before our spouses/family, and in some cases even getting their PR status before our family class cases after they have gotten here initially on their work visa and applied for PR after.
I know that people have said that contacting the minister directly about their specific case has not helped, they didn't help with mine either. But this will be to complain that there are MANY of us seeing the same thing happening and that their priorities are backwards.
I'm also going to say that for all the news that is continually coming out on fast tracking TFW even more, it would be interesting to tell news channels to make public the OTHER side of the story that Spouses and Partners are on the SLOW TRACK. If you fear repercussions on your case if they knew an identity, get a hotmail or yahoo account to make the complaint, initially there just needs to be VOLUME so they know there is a problem in the system.
The snail mail address is below, and the email address is after that. Please write so they hear our opinion and take notice of this disparity between family class and the fast tracked TFW.

The Honourable Diane Finley, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Or: Minister @ cic.gc.ca
Before complaining against the CIC to the Minister you should first see who is the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

The Honourable Jason Kenney is the present Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Before complaining against CIC you may know that the Minister is well aware what are the processing times at CIC Office in Islamabad Pakistan for Family Class Cases. Thank God that Canada has not stopped Immigration from Pakistan like USA and if it happens, Nothing can be done against them even a thousands of snail mails.

So please wait and do not send such kind of e.mails it will irritate them only.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
Raindance said:
I agree with Knaeem ...just because it might sit in their junk mail should n't stop us from raising our concern. The best way is to bring it to media's attention. I think all govt agencies are slow and inefficient UNTIL they get a kick in the BUTTT!!! So we should work on something!!
These Immigration Forums are regularly monitored by VOs working in the High Commission so before you work something to kick on their BUTTT, they will surely kick on your back.

So be positive on your attitude here because people from all over the world read your posts.

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
this is such a breather for me, my husband applied for my case in october 2009 hopefully i should be hearing some good news pretty soon inshallah
Quote from: knaeem on July 15, 2010, 03:07:35 am
connect786 said:
i am a canadian citizen,sponsored my wife in June 2009,file was aproved and sent to islamabad in july 2009.there was silence till now.yesterday i have received an e mail that re med along wid PHEP letter has been mailed to me.Re med i guess coz the first one expired in june 2010 but what is PHEP letter? are they requesting the assport for visa?

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
hi i read your posts online i am quite releved by your timeline but i want to ask that was your case straight forward or there were any complications. I applied from islamabad but whole of my life i have been residing in khi, so i had to obtain police certificates from both the places was the the case with you too? kindly reply.
connect786 said:

B

bestplace4u

shaimaa said:
hi i read your posts online i am quite releved by your timeline but i want to ask that was your case straight forward or there were any complications. I applied from islamabad but whole of my life i have been residing in khi, so i had to obtain police certificates from both the places was the the case with you too? kindly reply.
if you just lived in khi then u dont need to obtain any other clearance from anywhere else.
I had to collect 5 different PCCs from different countries including FBI which was a pain but thanks God got all of em.

connect786

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
My wife is also from Islamabad but has lived in lahore for the past 5 years.We only sent police cirtificate from lahore. Since my file was sent to Islamabad in July 2009 there was no communication between me and the embassy.They never asked for any additional documents.I had sent every thing including the landing fee.Now they have sent me an e mail that re meds and PHEP letter has been mailed to me on 30 June.PHEP most probably is when they ask for passports.so hopefully ill get good news inshallah.re meds coz medical is valid for one year and mine expired in june 2010.
I guess i have been lucky so far coz my sis applied for herhusband 3 months beofre i even started the process and they are still asking for additional papers.So the bottom line is there is no hard andfast rule for the time line as far as Pakistan is concerned.

B

bestplace4u

connect786 said:
My wife is also from Islamabad but has lived in lahore for the past 5 years.We only sent police cirtificate from lahore. Since my file was sent to Islamabad in July 2009 there was no communication between me and the embassy.They never asked for any additional documents.I had sent every thing including the landing fee.Now they have sent me an e mail that re meds and PHEP letter has been mailed to me on 30 June.PHEP most probably is when they ask for passports.so hopefully ill get good news inshallah.re meds coz medical is valid for one year and mine expired in june 2010.
I guess i have been lucky so far coz my sis applied for herhusband 3 months beofre i even started the process and they are still asking for additional papers.So the bottom line is there is no hard andfast rule for the time line as far as Pakistan is concerned.
What type of additional papers they asked from your sis?

connect786

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
they were not convinced that mysis would be residing in canada after they give immigration to her husband so they asked for additional links like bank statements and tax papers.she is a canadian citizen and applied whileshe wasin pakistan which is ok for citizens .now they have asked for re med and police cirtificate and said they will do a detail back ground check.

B

bestplace4u

connect786 said:
they were not convinced that mysis would be residing in canada after they give immigration to her husband so they asked for additional links like bank statements and tax papers.she is a canadian citizen and applied whileshe wasin pakistan which is ok for citizens .now they have asked for re med and police cirtificate and said they will do a detail back ground check.
oh ok i hope this process will get better for her soon well for me its just the beginning of waiting game process started on 21st June in Isb medical expiring on 18th Feb so longggg way to go

Style

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Done....
December 2009
Passport Req..
March 2011
connect786 said:
Does your sister spends most of her time in pakistan or canada? does she have a full time job here? or study?

connect786

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
since theobjection she has moved permanently to canada as her lawyer advised her not to take any chances.she is working here now.